• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did I do lol

1st volume. Really don't like the art. Essentially it comes down to One piece never got me interested. It felt like a drag.

We're turning the thread into shonen hell

Also you at least need to read though the arlong arc before giving up, One Piece for better or worse really doesn't begin until the crew gets to the grandline, east blue saga (first few volumes) are basically a prologue. It would be like someone giving up on Naruto before the chunin exams begin because "naruto is annoying and useless". Give it a second chance and be patient because it really does pay off.

If they going on about waifu wars then who cares.

But if they are going on about it being a good SHAFT adaptation, then there's merit in how good the Nisekoi anime is. Based SHAFT.

No matter how much you polish a turd it's still a turd, where as a bad adaptation of a great story can still be enjoyable

Soma

Saw some people there saying Nisekoi is good.

Enough reason to purge them from earth.

It goes both ways.

A bad manga can suddenly have a decent anime adaption (like Nisekoi) and make up for its faults while a good manga can suddenly have a shitty anime adaption (like Magi apparently).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No matter how much you polish a turd it's still a turd, where as a bad adaptation of a great story can still be enjoyable

rKr1xhW.gif

Such story
Wow
Much enjoy
Many flaws overcome

Haly

At one point, Mangaf genuinely enjoyed Nisekoi, when the story was around the same place where the anime is now.

Also, unlike manga, there are many more facets of anime to enjoy beyond the storytelling, such as voice acting, animation, direction, cinematography, etc.

animeGAF is more lewd then this thread...

and THAT is saying something

Edit: They are also even more obsessed with Onodera... and that... that needs no more further explanation

Tenkuu Shinpan 8-9

A psychopath picking off survivors on top of buildings with a sniper rifle seems fairly invincible to me.

But I'm sure she'll be just fine.

Well, so long as she doesn't try taking off her clothes again and hoping they come to their senses.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
At one point, Mangaf genuinely enjoyed Nisekoi, when the story was around the same place where the anime is now.

Also, unlike manga, there are many more facets of anime to enjoy beyond the storytelling, such as voice acting, animation, direction, cinematography, etc.

Hey, I just said I like it for what it is. I just thought a little bit about what it is and realized it only is "bad" if you attempt to analyze whether things "happen."

Haly

Looney Toons is a hallmark of modern animation.

wonzo

Banned
iNxRDXn9C5WV8.gif

i5R5fD1arC3NO.gif

ieNc3XHqxUnkx.gif

iIkHjg5KANeEL.gif

ibudUWS5FDsNb1.gif

iHArEI4DYfSce.gif

"No matter how much you polish a turd it's still a turd, where as a bad adaptation of a great story can still be enjoyable" - BassForever, 2014

Haly

Thematically, LooneyToons-style Pain is pretty poor. But in terms of pure animation, it was good.

This is one of the differences between manga and anime. Just like how you can choose to appreciate manga solely on an artistic level or a narrative level, anime opens new perspectives with which to evaluate any given work.

jman2050

Maybe the Nisekoi anime is good because the Nisekoi manga is also good? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thematically, Looney Toons Pain is pretty poor. But in terms of pure animation, it was good.

This is one of the differences between manga and anime. Just like how you can choose to appreciate manga solely on an artistic level or a narrative level, anime opens new perspectives with which to evaluate any given work.

What does this even mean?

Haly

What does this even mean?

It means that Pain's Roadrunner legs clashes with the mood and tone of Naruto, and detracts from the gravity of the battle by calling to mind a totally different style of cartoons.

jman2050

Wait no I just can't read I thought you were saying Looney Tunes itself was thematically poor.

Looney Tunes Pain was just kind of weird.

Haly

Yeah that was obtuse wording on my part, corrected.

wasn't dissing Looney Tunes in anyway
just meant that it was a bad idea turning Pain into a Looney Tunes character

you can balance Anime time and Manga time... Anime has its openings/endings/osts to look forward too, but if I had to choose between only supporting one viewership I would easily pick Manga

Look what Anime did to my Toriko ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom