• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Edit: anybody else think Ussop's bounty will rise by a huge amount?
Heck, I think Usopp technically doesn't have one yet, since the bounty is actually on Sogeking

Usopp didn't do anything against World Government by lifting the curse, so I doubt he'll get one anyway. Just fame.

Naruto

Great chapter Gai wrecked Madara, did part of his arm/leg turn to ash I guess he's done for after this fight, though he will get to live thanks to Naruto

Aizo

Banned
I finished most of them, but I think I need a new list. lol
My top 5 are:
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion (EVA 4EVER~)
  • Oyasumi Punpun (I cried so much.)
  • Molester Man (Amazing story. Really surprised.)
  • The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer (It did shonen manga the right way.)
  • Shokugeki No Soma (Cooking competitions are apparently crazy rad.)

Oh, and impressions of other series I've been reading:
Toriko 1 - 192: Quirky series with an interesting concept. Really liking it so far.
Attack on Titan 1 - 56: I think I'm done with it. Don't see how it got so popular.

I like you. Based on what you enjoyed, I'll make some recommendations. First, anything that Asano Inio wrote (Oyasumi Punpun)--namely Nijigahara Holograph and Solanin. Next, since you liked Molester Man, you may also like Onani Master Kurosawa. I think most people who like one, also like the other.

Bleach

Madara's meteor was more ballin, just kill this kid already

Naruto

Clearly a direct correlation between manga quality and Gai screentime, its all downhill from here

AoT
Levi Ackerman......same as Mikasa.....wtf? Shenanigans are afoot.

mjontrix

Naruto

Gai too OP gg no;re Madara.

We got more images of Kakashi's dad so he hasn't been forgotten!

Jesus Count = 1.

Bleach

So the blade was always meant to have the strange edge from the beginning. It seems like they've gotten sharper with the release. And why does he still have the damn eyepatch on?

One Piece

PRAISE USOPP-JESUS! HE LIVES FOR OUR SINS!

Jesus Count = 2

Sabo is now stronger than Luffy for now by the looks of it, considering he's second in rank to Dragon himself!

And I said it before and I'll say it again...

LIFE FIBRES, SON!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6azbZrIJytc

Bleach
hopefully we can get past this soon .

One Piece
Sabo is now stronger than Luffy for now by the looks of it, considering he's second in rank to Dragon himself!
Both Sabo and Ace were stronger than Luffy in the flashback so it not hard to believe Sabo still stronger for now .

Shengar

One Piece 744
Sabo's official introduction and him eats the mera-mera fruit really make me hyped to the roof!
Also Usopp slowly turned into Buggy 2.0, only that he actually do something lol

LeleSocho

Banned
Naruto
9/10 chapter, seriously Kishi handled Gai in a magnificent way...
Madara got rekt.

Toriko
Yep this is exactly like One Piece when it was still good.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Naruto
rekt

and gai lives to see another day, yay!

and it's only a matter of time that Naruto goes and revives everyone, like Neji. Unless they still have to be alive for his power to work

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Another one of Usopp's lies came true, he now has all his followers. Not only the dwarves, but the many pirates & warriors he saved from the toy curse. Usopp is truly our lord & savior!
Yay Sabo! Interesting that he ate the Flame Flame Fruit. Once he can control it, he'll be a masterful powerhouse.
Yep, Doflamingo is alive. Should be interesting to learn how that happened... in two weeks. *sighs* Breaks...

And it doesn't help that we're going to get another break after that thanks to Golden Week.

upandaway

One Piece

I can't take all this Sabo and Usopp. Sabo's second in command? Holy crap. It was obvious the second he really showed up but man, he really ate the fruit on the spot. And that Koala subtle interaction haha, I really wanna see more of those two together. I love Sabo in general, messing around with the flames :lol

I can't say for sure if the toy army will really destroy the factory themselves but the factory's as good as gone.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
One Piece

Sabo #2?
6Jygoxi.gif

Naruto
That was actually a good chapter Guy is amazing
So, even though Naruto saved him, will Guy be footless from now on

Bleach

Wahahaha my Power is greater then your Power
No I am better then You!!!!

Now every Shonen tossed in a meteorite power

One Piece

Sabo Going in like a Boss... no hesitation just eats the fruit, surprised it was actually there and not a trap

Also Usopp is getting a Buggy moment lol

Such a Great Chapter

Toriko

will review soon... on Stand by

Kreed

One Piece 744:

Oda seems to like taking breaks as soon as something important happens. Chapter was great though, just for Oda handling so many events so quickly. Sabo eating the fruit and revealing himself (and as second in command, which makes sense), Ussop beginning the assault on the factory, and more Doflamingo vs Luffy. He could have easily kept beating around the bush with Sabo/handled the other events in other chapters if he wanted. I'm kind of surprised Sabo is "recognizable" though, but again, being second in command it makes sense. Looking forward to seeing what Doflamingo's Bird Cage plan is, and hopefully we'll quickly find out how Doflamingo's powers kept him alive.

He has his fans. Mainly after that crazy fight with the spider guy.

You mean before the time skip <_<

Naruto

Damn get wreckt son, though I guess Madara will pull some bs and recover to 100% making Guy's actions completely pointless outside of stalling for time

Bleach

I'm really enjoying this fight, looks like next week we'll see Kenpachi's unleashed Shikai

Toriko

Time for everyone to pick up Toriko this shit is so good.

One Piece

Based Oda da god! Chapter was amazing

upandaway

One Piece

Okay wait a sec. Buffalo rotates. That's his entire thing, right. Yeah.

Am I missing something or did Kyros just snap his neck specifically by rotating his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom