• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece

SABO!!! Love how the fruit was never meant to be won though, gg doffy. I'm really wondering if Robin met with him over the time-skip...anyway, looks like Doffy is going to use some sort of tech that envelopes the whole island, trapping everyone inside maybe?

Either way, another break sucks after we're getting to the climax.

Naruto

WTF Kishi! Are you telling me Guy is gonna live after all this setup? Anyway, GG Madara, now Naruto and Sasuke r gonna mop up.

Wonder if Sasuke will take the fruit...

Bleach

You win no i win no you win no i win

Toriko

Setting up for the next 300~ chapters, nice! That Frog tho...

bigkrev

One Piece vol 43

Well, while it is starting to drag out, at least there is enough crazy going on that it doesn't seem too bad.

I probably would have torn my hair out if I was reading this weekly, though

One Piece
Usopp's part was goddamn hilarious and finally, Sabo's face is revealed, looking kinda like Colby(dat hair!) but a really big ass scar on his face. Oh and Kyros, one leg and takes out guys without a hitch. What a badass!

Naruto
Holy crap for Gai, he got praised by Madara, nearly finishes him off and lives to fight another day. Luckiest man in Naruto.

Bleach
Alrite, just get on with it. Seems like we're sticking with the good old finishes off with Bankai bit.

Kurita

One Piece vol 43

Well, while it is starting to drag out, at least there is enough crazy going on that it doesn't seem too bad.

I probably would have torn my hair out if I was reading this weekly, though
One Piece is much more enjoyable when you read the volumes imo

One Piece - 744

It's moments like these that make me happy that I got back into One Piece. The Usopp moment had me rolling. I'm not surprised that Doflamingo's not dead yet. There is no way that the main villain of an arc would go out that easily.

Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan - 10

So overall, Saiki controls everything that happens in the manga. Fast healing, buildings being rebuilt fast, and giving others strength. It's like in Looney Tunes where if Daffy gets his beak blown off, it just comes back in the next scene. This chapter was heavy on text, and was more interesting then funny.

DonMigs85

I wonder if Guy will make a full recovery or live as a cripple. His body looks really burnt up and his foot started to crumble.

Naruto

Gai is probably crippled after that attack. But the whole Naruto is jesus and saves gai shit was really predictable. Teasing so many deaths and we only saw Neji die (Maybe he will live later because JESUS).

Stealth Symphony (Is anybody actually reading it?)

I wonder if we see Sieg and Toroma fighting against each other.

that's what I was thinking

sure Naruto saved him but one of his feet are gone... that and he has third degree burns everywhere

You forgot that he has Jesus on his side. So he just will be a cripple.

upandaway

Zero 2 ch 12

So that guy is in a coma.. I thought he'd be fine. I don't like this.

I have a grasp of how things are now, I guess, but this sure came out of nowhere. There's a lot to process!

The moment I saw it's a female that sent the mail I got scared because I knew how she's gonna look. She ended up looking even worse, haha.

Issue #20
Nisekoi (Lead CP)
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (cover)
One Piece
Shokugeki no Soma
Toriko
Haikyuu
Kuroki Ayakashi no Gogogo (center color)
Naruto
Illegal Rare (center color)
Saiki Kusuo no PSInan
Kuroko no Basket
Isobe
Bleach (Center Color)
World Trigger
iShoujo
Gintama
Soul Catcher(S)
Stealth Symphony
Kochikame
Tokyo Wonder Boys

Issue #21
Lead CP/Cover Gintama
Center Color Shokugeki no Soma, World Trigger, Abaremashira (oneshot, Utsumi Yuusuke)
Absent: One Piece

Well no surprise all the new stuff is bombing terribly. Is iShoujo ranking already?

Looking forward to another round of cancellations of everything new!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
does the ranking start at One Piece since the top two say colour/cover page

Edit: Can't picture Nisekoi being first *cringe

Cover/Color Pages and New Series do not get ranked. Neither does Kochikame.
Here's what it looks like without the color pages/extra stuff.

One Piece
Shokugeki no Soma
Toriko
Haikyuu
Naruto
Saiki Kusuo no PSInan
Kuroko no Basket
Isobe
World Trigger
iShoujo
Gintama
Soul Catcher(S)
Stealth Symphony (First Ranking!)

Stealth Symphony is fucked.
Tokyo Wonder Boys first ranking is next week

upandaway

Zero 2

This is the second time I'm seeing this "diva in a mansion with animal masked servants" thing, the first one being Peephole. Is this a thing? Is it a reference to something? Was Peephole a reference to this? I feel like I should know this much.

This lady is nuts by the way.

One Piece
Shokugeki no Soma
Toriko
Haikyuu
Naruto
Saiki Kusuo no PSInan
Kuroko no Basket
Isobe
World Trigger
iShoujo
Gintama
Soul Catcher(S)

So Tokyo Wonder Boys is already in last even before being ranked? I don't even read it but there seems to be no expectations for this title.

I thought that Stealth Symphony would do better, it's a shame that it's so low in the rankings, I'm actually liking it so far.

One Piece
Shokugeki no Soma
Toriko
Haikyuu
Naruto
Saiki Kusuo no PSInan
Kuroko no Basket
Isobe
World Trigger
iShoujo
Gintama
Soul Catcher(S)

thanks

Man Toriko doing well last week... wonder if it will be ranked #2 this week

good chapter after One Piece

Of course last weeks Soma chapter was great

scy

Toriko 273 -

f1b1iXO.png

best new character

So going after Air this early? Dang.

I also think the rankings are on a delay aren't they? So they reflect what readers who bothered voting thought of the chapters a couple weeks ago.

I think.

I don't remember much of Bakuman.

upandaway

I also think the rankings are on a delay aren't they? So they reflect what readers who bothered voting thought of the chapters a couple weeks ago.

I think.

They say it's 8 weeks ago, because series become "ranked" after 8 chapters, but who knows.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I think.

Yeah, they're hand returned by physical mail. Granted they aren't the only thing that determines cancellation. They have other ways of determining if something is popular.

But apparently its not a good sign if you don't at least start out really strong.

Kyros is a fucking beast, legged and all and still bossing all those executive, also I have a feeling birdcage is gonna be that Pica guy merging with the entire island

IHaveIce

Banned
Kyros is a fucking beast, legged and all and still bossing all those executive, also I have a feeling birdcage is gonna be that Pica guy merging with the entire island
Possible but would be quite the dumb idea, because he would be attackable from everywhere by superstrong chars. Also not a good idea to put an Admiral into a cage.

Possible but would be quite the dumb idea, because he would be attackable from everywhere by superstrong chars. Also not a good idea to put an Admiral into a cage.

Yeah I know but seeing as Zoro couldn't do jack to him I am assuming he would probably only be weak at one particular point...meh will just have to wait and see!

I also have to say full credit to Gai we all know he was never gonna win that fight but he fucked Madara up pretty damn good love it!

mhs004

aww I like stealth symphony and see alot of potential in it. The author is proven that he knows what he's doing as well.

Oh well got to expect that with jump though.

They say it's 8 weeks ago, because series become "ranked" after 8 chapters, but who knows.

That makes sense. And also makes sense why they are ranking terribly cause the first chapters weren't that amazing.

Yeah, they're hand returned by physical mail. Granted they aren't the only thing that determines cancellation. They have other ways of determining if something is popular.

But apparently its not a good sign if you don't at least start out really strong.

It definitely kinda feels flawed since the delay seems pretty long, especially if something picks up steam (if it ever does) after starting terribly.

Then again, I just think Jump is too trigger happy in cancelling new stuff these days.

upandaway

That makes sense. And also makes sense why they are ranking terribly cause the first chapters weren't that amazing.

It definitely kinda feels flawed since the delay seems pretty long, especially if something picks up steam (if it ever does) after starting terribly.

Then again, I just think Jump is too trigger happy in cancelling new stuff these days.
I don't think the ToS actually has anything to do with Jump's judgement. I'm pretty sure they get the rankings fully by the end of the week the issue came out in. At least that's how it was in Bakuman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom