• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at me.
I will cut you.

Finally caught up to Yugioh, instead of skipping around:
Man, the first few chapters with the various games and challenges were fantastic!
The Battle City arc was neat, but I felt like some events were just rushed through to get to the ending. I understand Marik is important, but Kaiba needs some attention every now and then if you wish to establish him as the second best. Hell, I think Joey's fights were longer than the semifinals. :/

Nah Kaiba didn't need it since he would always be the true rival to Yugi and one of the best.

Also Joey fights had way more meaning (plus he has something to prove aka trying to get better) so them seeming longer wasn't bad.

kasane

off topic: during my trip last month i have finally been reunited with drum mania machines. And now i discover something called gitadora

DO FUCKING WANT

Kieli

Shoukugeki no Soma 66 Spoilers:

Soma confesses his love to Alice.

Oh fucking wow.

Shokugeki no Soma 66

Soma marries Alice and it turns out they are actually Asura and his waifu from the future who went back in time to give birth to Asura's future self, Soma.

Fake edit:
This means that Nakiri is actually in love with Soma, who is Asura (who is future-Soma).

upandaway

She's cute and I like her, but honestly, she has zero cemetery with Keima. It's sad that Diana the goddess has more cemetery with Keima than Tenri does.
Wow wow wow there man dude. Let's not go there, look, I mean, look. Tenri isn't a yandere, alright. Don't start this with me.

Man every time Requiem comes on on my playlist I get reminded of Tasogare and then I get really sad there's no more Tasogare.

Might be my quickest time-to-re-read/watch ever.
It's on my playlist too but it never comes up because I never play that playlist. Hell any playlist. If I'm gonna listen to something I end up thinking "might as well check out that one new C85 album" and I never get anywhere.

Kieli

Lele, I'm pretty sure you got the order wrong, as well.

Alice professes her love to Soma, not the other way around.

Nah Kaiba didn't need it since he would always be the true rival to Yugi and one of the best.

Also Joey fights had way more meaning (plus he has something to prove aka trying to get better) so them seeming longer wasn't bad.
Fair enough. I did really like the Joey fight, though. It was actually exciting!
Battle City truly was a fantastic arc.
Yeah, definitely the highlight of the YuGiOh series.
still pissed
Joey lost to Marik due to plot (was so fucking close :( )
Yeeeeeeeeah. That was just bum. :/

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
EVERYONE ON SUICIDE WATCH AFTER LATEST TWGOK CHAPTER!

There's a Chihiro fan somewhere around here.

BTW Wakaki is a fucking dick if this is just a troll and Keima's just trying to make sure he has a 100% full harem or something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She's cute and I like her, but honestly, she has zero cemetery with Keima. It's sad that Diana the goddess has more cemetery with Keima than Tenri does.

goodnight-cemetary-peace-cross.jpg

jman2050

We all know Jaden's deck is DA BESSSSST.
ELEMENTAL HERO NEOS + a bunch of cards = woah

Yugi's deck is the best cause he realized that being able to pull whatever card he wanted meant that he didn't need any silliness like "stretagy" or "deck synergy". All he had to do was stuff his deck with as many random effects and counters as possible so that he'll always have something to use against whatever broken BS his opponent pulls out!

Yugi's deck is the best cause he realized that being able to pull whatever card he wanted meant that he didn't need any silliness like "stretagy" or "deck synergy". All he had to do was stuff his deck with as many random effects and counters as possible so that he'll always have something to use against whatever broken BS his opponent pulls out!

I mean the whole series itself is basically Topdecking: The Series.

Everyone's deck is probably terrible in real life and in the later series they basically invent super seiyan powers to top deck the next car you need.

A harem end would completely defeat the point of all of Keima's character development over pretty much the entire series. I'm guessing Elsie just wiped the memories of all the conquests and whatnot so none of the girls still have feelings for him (except Tenri I guess, rip).

Angry Grimace

A harem end would completely defeat the point of all of Keima's character development over pretty much the entire series. I'm guessing Elsie just wiped the memories of all the conquests and whatnot so none of the girls still have feelings for him (except Tenri I guess, rip).

I don't even get what the fuck is up with Elsie and I don't get why she changed her name

Mortemis

Banned

I didn't even think of that. Seeing that Haqua didn't remember Elsie I guess she would wipe the memories of everyone else of everything that happened. I'm still pretty confused about the whole Elsie thing though. And I'm not just talking about this chapter, last chapter had me going wtf too.

I wonder if the goddesses left the girls' bodies or if they're still chilling with them.

I don't even get what the fuck is up with Elsie and I don't get why she changed her name

I read that apparently she's some almighty being that has been constantly revived (and then falls back asleep) over time to do great evil. Except Dokurou or whatever her name is brought her back in that form so she could experience life and not turn totally evil. Her "sisterly" love for Keima made her decide to put an end to it all and just live out her life as a human girl. Yea.

I found this on /a/ so you can take it with a grain of salt, but it makes sense to me.

Elsie is something that was summoned by unnamed people for dark schemes and did things with her powers that came from some place and somehow was found by Dokuro that in some way reincarnated her in a devil form and erased her memories, then she was about to be summoned again(?) by bad guys, but somehow this time was different and now she became Keima's sister with her unknown godlike powers and changed her name to Eri because reasons.

100% not confusing at all.

scy

Elsie is something that was summoned by unnamed people for dark schemes and did things with her powers that came from some place and somehow was found by Dokuro that in some way reincarnated her in a devil form and erased her memories, then she was about to be summoned again(?) by bad guys, but somehow this time was different and now she became Keima's sister with her unknown godlike powers and changed her name to Eri because reasons.

100% not confusing at all.

Because sisters.

That's about all I got from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom