• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akame ga Kill 47

Holy shit Wave. Chances of final showdown between Tatsumi and Wave now at 100%.

Also RIP Wild Hunt
and Mein.
A little disappointed to see blonde guys secret was just that though. Bet it was clown guy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I read that apparently she's some almighty being that has been constantly revived (and then falls back asleep) over time to do great evil. Except Dokurou or whatever her name is brought her back in that form so she could experience life and not turn totally evil. Her "sisterly" love for Keima made her decide to put an end to it all and just live out her life as a human girl. Yea.

I found this on /a/ so you can take it with a grain of salt, but it makes sense to me.

See I get that, but there wasn't anything to even remotely hint at that. There really wasn't any reason to assume Elsie wasn't just Elsie.

Nordicus

Bara no Tameni 33-36

Lemme get this straight: Sumire gets a new sister, and he's utterly puzzled that he doesn't get the unconscious desire to fuck this one, but only his other sister Yuri, our ugly duckling protagonist?

Yup
hTd5xSH.jpg

#dead

I swear, this manga's occasionally perverse humor just gets me sometimes. Everyone's fucking NUTS!

Skab

Real talk, if anyone actually thinks anyone other than Tadokoro or Erina has any real chance then you're delusional.

Scum

What th-?! I noticed it's tad bit "lighter" in mood here. What happened, lads? Is KNIM over or summink?

To Love-Ru Darkness 42

Have I ever stated how much I love yandere Darkness?

Because I really, really do.

lol that face she makes when she meets Lala.

Yandere Yami still up to no good?! Nice! :3

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Which ship is SoTaku supposed to be?

Honestly, I cannot remember the names in Soma at all. Italian bros, curry dude, loli teacher, glasses nerd, naked apron, meat, science, tsuntsun, Tadokoro, assistant, Tadokoro's shitty friend #1, Tadokoro's shitty friend #2...

This is the cast of Soma in my mind.

Yeah, it'll probably be no one in the end.

Still with how everything is set up, if any girl has a real chance to make Soma notice the opposite sex, it'll end up being Erina.

Guaranteed she'll be the first one to convert.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Honestly, I cannot remember the names in Soma at all. Italian bros, curry dude, loli teacher, glasses nerd, naked apron, meat, science, tsuntsun, Tadokoro, assistant, Tadokoro's shitty friend #1, Tadokoro's shitty friend #2...

I believe he's referring to Takumi, one of the Italian Bros (the skinny blonde one).

kasane

Still with how everything is set up, if any girl has a real chance to make Soma notice the opposite sex, it'll end up being Erina.

SHE LIKES SOMAS DAD SO SHE WONT WIN

Alice will win

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Mine too, basically. I kind of remember Ishiki sometimes tho

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Takumi is the blonde italian brother. He's a joke character whose only real contribution is a running gag where he makes some kind of badass boast at a really inappropriate time.

I don't know if I remember them:

Italian Bros. - Not Mario and Luigi. Its Takumi and ?????
Curry Dude - ...Hayama?
Loli Teacher - ????????
Glasses Nerd - Marui I think?
Naked Apron - Isshiki
Meat - Nikumi (her name is Ikumi, its a pun)
Science - Is that Alice?
Tsuntsun - Erina
Assistant - ??????????
Tadokoro's Friend - I assume you mean Boob Girl and Chinese Hairdo

I would be mildly surprised if they went with a harem end. Its not really as common as you'd think.

SHE LIKES SOMAS DAD SO SHE WONT WIN

Alice will win

First chapter: "Listen Souma the secret to become a good chief is meeting a woman that will make you want to give all the food you make to her"

*next page: Erina double spread*

I rest my case

jS30xij.gif

Angry Grimace

She admires him as a chef.

I thought for sure you would've read the extra chapter with Alice in a swimsuit.

It was pretty heavily implied she isn't even conscious of the idea of having the hots for Soma's dad.

wait what

Its a long side-chapter from the mid-50s that's almost enitrely Alice and Erina fanservice.

Angry Grimace

Does it?

Just seems to me like she only cares about his "perfect" cooking.

Yeah, that was all she cared about. She seemed to have no clue what the fuck all that shit Alice was saying was even about because she apparently grew up to the age of 16 without knowing what boys are.

Cerity

I've said it before, no one in will win besides soma, all soma wants to do is cook. last chapter will be him running the shop or him in a random country cooking while the rest of the cast reminisce about him or are being served his food.

Evergreen 1 - 15
seemingly nice little series, hopefully it doesn't turn into a nisekoi type deal. Everything seems to be going well, issues so far have been cleared up nicely and there hasn't been an other girls to show up yet.

Hoshi no Furu Machi
I like the artists' version of densha otoko and I'm liking Regatta so I checked it out. It's a pretty jumpy series, no real direction but some nice conflict between parents and expectations of their children.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well, everyone knows that child prodigies tend to be lacking in other departments, specifically social skills so its not that far-fetched!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom