• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waratte! Sotomura-san 64

Different region, same Sotomura. Can't fault the kimono though.

touhou 14.3 looks super super super neat
Holy shit, Seija's the main character! You've made my morning, fire spin senpai. She's top 5 material.
9205457rxo0q.jpg

Dresden

Noragami - Clash, O Ye Gods of Calamity -

So a spinoff manga that canonizes the anime-original arc? I'm okay with this.

Noragami Shuishuu - 5

Yato deals with a stalker, and for a moment it goes full American Gods.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Rereading TWGOK and man there is a lot of filler.

Why is swimming girl and shoji girl even there.

Ramen girl was kinda fun though.

Horimiya 34

re-read with the better translation.

oh god it's somehow even more adorable :3 new chapter out in Japan on the 18th apparently so hopefully we don't have a huge amount of time to wait.

this is the best romance manga running

Mysterious Girlfriend X 84-86
Well, that's the closest thing to progress there's been in a long while. Though it's still pretty dull, and Suwano ruling herself out (if she was ever really in) has killed off one thing that could've made it entertaining again.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume 246

Machines can't beat Chizuru's cooking.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume 247

Squid girl's clothing is even more terrifying.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume 248

Now I want some eel.

Kurita

One Punch Man
Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Haikyuu!! 80-89

Finally some Tsukki backstory. Great.

Haikyuu!! vol.3

This was when Asahi and Nishi were introduced. The Rolling Thunder part is still hilarious, can't wait to see that animated :lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, catching up to where I left off in twgok...

The entire point of the time travel arc is to do the conquests again, but in loli form?

Ugggggggggggggggh.

NastyBook

Mysterious Girlfriend X 84-86

Well, that's the closest thing to progress there's been in a long while. Though it's still pretty dull, and Suwano ruling herself out (if she was ever really in) has killed off one thing that could've made it entertaining again.
Dat face-plant, tho.

Shokugeki no Soma 66
Nakiri Alice brought science to a feels competition.
Hold that L, girl.

All-Rounder Meguru 85
Don't get cocky, kid. Meguru's counterattack begins now.

Prison School 106
Hahahaha, poor Andre.

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo 292-315

Ippo's first title defense, against a former champion who moved up from a lower weight class, Sanada.

I never honestly liked this fight for some reason, especially after the really great Mashiba vs Kimura match. It's probably because its presentation is kind of gimmicky, I guess. The 2 Hien techniques that let Sanada do an almost instantaneous follow-up on a punch whether it's a hit, block or miss, yeah sure. Expert heart rate and breath management between rounds is also fine.

The whole "palpitation" thing, Sanada apparently being able to accurately inflict damage and gauge it thanks to his med school training is kinda weird. Morikawa's trying to portray Sanada as this "doctor boxer" type opponent and it just feel so clumsy and contrived. A boxer might know of a few organs that can be hit for extra effect such as the diaphragm and perhaps gauge damage through opponents immediate reactions to a punch, but they're treated as this weird superpower that Sanada possesses. He also predicts how many seconds it takes to heal from specific attacks. Sometimes he gets it wrong, and the manga even acknowledges its occasional unreliability, but it feels hokey regardless.

I wonder if I'll feel the same about the eventual Shimabukuro match because he's in constant "fisherman fisherman fisherman" mode, but from what the anime showed, there's still more to him than his bread&butter career

Iimura ain't giving 2 shits about his boring story
XOvhSwv.jpg

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
guys ishoujo is trash

the only reason I didn't bring it up ages ago was because it was so trash that I forgot about it

Nisekoi
But not as trash as this, what. This girl needed someone at least 3 years younger than her to defend her from bullies her age? Pathetic. I was completely fine with her until she started dropping hints of liking Raku. Seriously, come on, 3 years is a yawning gulf of difference to kids until around high school...

At least she'll shake things up, judging by Marika's reaction (the only good thing of this chapter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom