• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Chapter 90 is
the chapter with this. Every time I remember it I just get happy for a good couple of hours.

Man, I remember
sort of dreading the "training" arc when it came up and then I realized Baby Steps was going to nail it and make it feel right. Such a good arc

Cerity

Hm, good point. I agree I don't think he would say "hey bro, help me out with this girl." I think I'm more worried if the brother develops his own interest in her (I guess playing off blood relatives sharing the same taste thing). And this chapter showed he's quite stubborn and upfront with getting what he wants, like when he was playing that carnival game.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the brother is a huge manga nerd and won't do anything after finding out who is in the group. He'll be all intimidating up until that point though.

Chapter 90 is
the chapter with this. Every time I remember it I just get happy for a good couple of hours.

yeah, so good :D

----------------------------------------------

Baby Steps 98

Finally working on his serve, and developing extremely quickly as usual.

I like that he's clearly really good at tennis and improving all the time, bit-by-bit (Baby Steps :lol) and he's probably going to reach pro no problem, but he;s not infallible. He doesn't just come out of nowhere and win everything. He loses and he has flaws that he's working to overcome, while still having a tonne of untapped talent.

It's a great way to handle a story about talent that makes it seem so much more grounded, but still awesome. Really well written story.

also it has Natsu so it's automatically a classic amirite

scy

Baby Steps 98

Finally working on his serve, and developing extremely quickly as usual.

I like that he's clearly really good at tennis and improving all the time, bit-by-bit (Baby Steps :lol) and he's probably going to reach pro no problem, but he;s not infallible. He doesn't just come out of nowhere and win everything. He loses and he has flaws that he's working to overcome, while still having a tonne of untapped talent.

It's a great way to handle a story about talent that makes it seem so much more grounded, but still awesome. Really well written story.

also it has Natsu so it's automatically a classic amirite

Precisely.

Baby Steps 100

100 chapters in and a new challenger arrives. Pity she has no hope cos she's not Natsu.

also, I started this last night and I'm like half way to caught up with the current translations. If only I didn't have college tomorrow...

Tora Kiss - A School Odyssey 21

"give a kiss for when I win"
*does it the very next page*

I like a harem protagonist who gives what his harem wants.

scy

Tora Kiss - A School Odyssey 21

"give a kiss for when I win"
*does it the very next page*

I like a harem protagonist who gives what his harem wants.

This made me go read the chapter.

Tora Kiss 21 - I'll be honest, I forget all this <Monument> and <Data> stuff. This actually sounds like it's trying to accelerate into end-game?

Nah, it'll be the trigger of something bigger.

kasane

Tora Kiss 21 - I'll be honest, I forget all this <Monument> and <Data> stuff. This actually sounds like it's trying to accelerate into end-game?

I swear i have read this, the guy with the lion?

and the loser has to kiss the winner? for the powers?

The plot dialogue is pretty terrible.

The PLOT dialogue is worth reading.

I swear i have read this, the guy with the lion?

and the loser has to kiss the winner? for the powers?

Or memories or whatever. It also features probably the most proactive harem protagonist yet.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Kono Oto Tomare! 15
aCw0zai.png
They're made for each other, I swear.

Finally we're getting some development for Takezou. You'd think this would happen earlier, since he's kind of, y'know, the main character. I guess the reason he tries so hard and acts so "serious" is that he just doesn't want to get left behind again. He probably never got over failing to get into his first choice school, and his asshole little brother isn't helping at all. At least Chika suspects something's up, so hopefully he'll be able to do something.

Meanwhile, we've got this girl:
I can't believe we've got a legitimate fangirl for Houtsuki. Well, I guess it was coming eventually, seeing as she's so cool. It's neat that the girl is acting as an impetus to the plot and isn't just being played off as a gag. I guess the high-level schools aren't going to give Houtsuki up to some no-named, seemingly talentless club without a fight. I'm just glad to see her fighting to stay. She's come a long way from the loner she used to be.

Also, like I mentioned before, the classroom scene between her and Chika was just adorable. And was it just me, or were their classmates watching them too? Maybe it'll be a case of everyone can see it but the two themselves. But maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo 316-320

Damn Miyata, Ippo is the one usually getting all beat up and bloodied, but your matches are the ones creating damn puddles of it. He can't soak the damage in the way Ippo can, his Dad's career was ended early, and he's hardheaded in using his father's counter-based style to eventually become world champion, and he's hellbent on fighting in Ippo's weight class even if his natural weight would be much higher, and thus would fight with exponentially more strength as lightweight or junior lightweight.

He's just begging for early retirement

I can't quite figure out whether Morikawa's taking a jab at the Japanese, manga/anime or just plain Takamura in this page. Still chuckled though.

Charade

Wolfsmund 18

I'm liking these fast releases. But, Hilde :(

Well this is the end to vol. 5 and I believe there's only 1 more volume after this. This seems like the climax, but I guess it'll stretch out for a little longer. The Duke and his reinforcements arriving will probably contribute to that.

Since it's fresh in my mind, Wolfsmund.

I second this.

Tenkuu Shinpan 17-19

No shit, you should have shot her.

Everyone with a mask is out trying to kill you and you think "Nah, she can't reach me so I'll just leave her alone"?

I don't understand how you managed to fuck this up again after last time.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

LeleSocho

Banned
Destroy and Revolution 36-39
No, please no... don't turn this into a nationalistic "USA is the source of all evil because they bombed us in WW2" don't be so freaking dumb author please.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
You mean her relationship with soma.
man, who gives a shit about Soma right now, he's such a gary stu sometimes

Ao no Exorcist 56
Is Gedouin a girl or just a gay guy? Can't tell because (s)he's too gonk. Obviously someone's going to save the dead weight Shiemi, but I wonder who.

kasane

man, who gives a shit about Soma right now, he's such a gary stu sometimes

Ao no Exorcist 56
Is Gedouin a girl or just a gay guy? Can't tell because (s)he's too gonk. Obviously someone's going to save the dead weight Shiemi, but I wonder who.

Gary stus are awesome

I'm actually looking for manga like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom