• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
wish he had the pheromones of Peephole's MC so we'd at least have a murder mystery on our hands.

Waratte! Sotomura-san 64
well at least it has Sakura in it

Caladrius

The shoujo faces of doom are but a blur to me now.

Are You Alice? Vol. 04

9pRcoIVl.jpg

Normally with a series where even more plot points, mysterious new characters and random new facts will make the plot even more confusing, it somehow still works with this series.

I'm liking these new additions especially since they seem to add to the plot and really brings up some interesting new theories. If anything, they keep me interesting enough to keep reading this series.

If the art in the volumes themselves are at least half as nice as that cover I'm sold.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Himikoi 5
daaaaaaaaaaamn. That was bitterweet as fuck. They made the right choice, but you can't help but to feel regret for them. The other oneshots besides the first one weren't that good unfortunately, but this definitely hit it. I recommend at least this one, if you wanted to skip around. Robico's still got it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You better start practicing your cooking/baking/white-knighting.

kasane

According to another site, it takes place a few years after GTO's ending. Onizuka goes to prison after teaching a high-school class and "doing something" to a student. He looks pretty disheveled from the scans I've seen. This might be a full blown sequel.

I gotta see this.

Cerity

Dr Duo 1 - 9

First chapter was reallly interesting. Kid is being followed around by a ghost of one of japans top surgeons and saves his childhood friends' little brother with the ghosts' advice. Then it turned into surgery of the week fair.

According to another site, it takes place a few years after GTO's ending. Onizuka goes to prison after teaching a high-school class and "doing something" to a student. He looks pretty disheveled from the scans I've seen. This might be a full blown sequel.

oh shit.

scy

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to 2: 8

Atta girl Sena. Keep this up and you can land your dream guy-with-the-mentality-of-a-5-year-old.

This guy raises and crushes flags like a pro.

What. Whoa.

Whoa.

Charade

Philosophia 3

Oh wow, I saw some people predicting Tomo had something going on with the stepmom. Between that and her dad, I'm starting to see why she keeps her distance with Ai.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Charade, you're a member now? Congrats!

Rin 17
Best character.

Anyway, despite all the sightseeing, we didn't get many answers unfortunately. Still have no idea how the delinquent guy relates to the story at all, and we're only footsteps closer to figuring out what happened in their past lives. Hopefully next chapter we'll get something more substantial.

Charade

Charade, you're a member now? Congrats!

Thanks! I think it was yesterday. Or maybe the day before, my weekends seem to jumble into one big mess.

Anyway, despite all the sightseeing, we didn't get many answers unfortunately. Still have no idea how the delinquent guy relates to the story at all, and we're only footsteps closer to figuring out what happened in their past lives. Hopefully next chapter we'll get something more substantial.

The delinquent guy and his even more delinquent brother are gonna cause some type of trouble here. Probably related to Rin, which kinda gets me worried.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The delinquent guy and his even more delinquent brother are gonna cause some type of trouble here. Probably related to Rin, which kinda gets me worried.
Well yeah, it's obvious they're no good, but I don't think the younger brother intends to involve the older one in the whole matter of Rin damaging his pride (come to think of it, we still don't know why he called out Rin in chapter 15). He was surprised the older one came home, after all. I don't doubt he'll be important, specifically since his family is in charge of one of those holy sites.

Charade

Well yeah, it's obvious they're no good, but I don't think the younger brother intends to involve the older one in the whole matter of Rin damaging his pride (come to think of it, we still don't know why he called out Rin in chapter 15). He was surprised the older one came home, after all. I don't doubt he'll be important, specifically since his family is in charge of one of those holy sites.

Hm, good point. I agree I don't think he would say "hey bro, help me out with this girl." I think I'm more worried if the brother develops his own interest in her (I guess playing off blood relatives sharing the same taste thing). And this chapter showed he's quite stubborn and upfront with getting what he wants, like when he was playing that carnival game.

Baby Steps 89

YEAH!!!! Go Maruo! That match was hype as fuck. Florida about to close out with a big win.

Hope the injury doesn't keep him out of any tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom