• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerity

Minamoto

I wonder if we'll see her again lol. The basic plot thing on wiki about the genji tales says he kidnaps her after her grandma dies and raises her himself (and makes her his unofficial wife).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Minamoto

I wonder if we'll see her again lol. The basic plot thing on wiki about the genji tales says he kidnaps her after her grandma dies and raises her himself (and makes her his unofficial wife).

GuppTtY.gif

This needs to happen, Bass and I would die laughing.

GuppTtY.gif

This needs to happen, Bass and I would die laughing.

Hopefully it happens on a snow day so my reason for calling out of work doesn't have to be "guy kidnapped a loli can't breathe"

Minamoto

SPOILERSNO.gif

upandaway

Minamoto

I.. don't really know anymore.. about this whole playing out Genji. I didn't think it actually had loli kidnapping in the canon.

And dangit, there are plenty of people out there with full harems or whatever. Can't she just ask one of them. Or cross-dress and do it all by herself.

I don't think Fairy Tail is ending soon, even with Mashima starting another manga in the Spring.

Yeah this arc doesnt really feel like what Fairy Tails final arc would be, actually last arc could have tied into it due to the dragon stuff, but FACE doesnt really seem like final fight material. Dark Mage Zeref is probably just another tease for the third time now.

Shokugeki no soma ~59

So correct me if I'm wrong the 4 from each side are

A side

Curry guy
Soma
Alice's aide
Mystery guy

B side

Alice
Blonde italian
Boobs girl from polar star
Makoto

Correct? (I suck at these characters names lol)

/how does one not know Takumi! by name?!

Yeah this arc doesnt really feel like what Fairy Tails final arc would be, actually last arc could have tied into it due to the dragon stuff, but FACE doesnt really seem like final fight material. Dark Mage Zeref is probably just another tease for the third time now.

/how does one not know Takumi! by name?!

"He is just a minor character." - Said a judge.

Blusby

Akame ga Kill! Chapter 46:
Mother of, the author is a truly evil person. I can't believe this is the same bro that's written the Majikoi VN's.

survivor

Banned
きのこたけのこ

So I was trying to look for info about Asano's newest oneshot and it turned out the magazine it was published in is available for free on Kindle on Japanese Amazon. I couldn't download it from there as I have no Kindle, but it is available to browse for free on the Japanese Yahoo bookstore which I didn't even know it was a thing before.

I can't read shit, but it looked like a pretty interesting sci-fi/fantasy war thingy.

Soma

Mob Psycho 100 (caught up)

Sooooooo many good moments. Reigen walking into the base like he owns the place (literally), giving people the HYPNOSIS PUNCH and spitting truthbombs at these clowns was a real highlight for me. I haven't laughed so hard in such a long time. There's some really clever writing that makes the humor work on so many levels and the unique artstyle compliments it so well. Another thing is how ONE knows exactly the right way to build hype for specific scenes and the best part is that he always delivers on it even if it's in an unexpected way. There's even a few scenes that are surprisingly emotional and touching such as this scene and even this one.

Mob himself is a really interesting character with his odd personality yet manages to be very endearing. The rest of the cast is extremely entertaining in their own weird ways. I'm glad Dimples has managed to stay as a recurring character. Great stuff. Can't wait to read more.

wonzo

Banned
Knights of Sidonia 1-10

The first two volumes of this are certainly hitting all the right notes, though the use of Gauna makes me wonder if this is a sequel to Abara & that one shot Nihei did. Either way, the fairly "simple" nature of the premise is much appreciated after the mess that was BioMega.

shizuka ;_;7

Magdala 7

Yeah I really can't find myself getting into this 7 chapters in so I'm just dropping it here in the hopes Yen Press picks up the novels when they finish Spice & Wolf someday.

Witch Craft Works 26

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dresden

a late reply here but wasn't that pretty much showing that
evil pm son guy was going to rape akame's sister
or something like that lol. the classiest of manga.

at this point I expect them to do something insanely over the top like digging up Chelsea's severed head and raping it

Aizo

Banned
Minamoto

Pretty sure you should not actually compare this story to Genji Monogatari... From what I've seen, they're just references based on character names. (Genji is another name for Minamoto, by the way.) If it really follows Genji, let me know when he puts himself into self-exile for fear of being exiled for possibly contaminating the royal family line. I bet modern Suma (where Genji is exiled) isn't too bad.
That's another thing that doesn't make sense... Their father is Japanese but they have an Italian surname.
Progressive family.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The temple of el alamein 5.2

This got fucking weird at the end. Seems to be a critic on the americanisation of japan and japanese bureaucrats after the war rolled into a parody of KFC, godzilla and Aliens.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
2001 + 5

Man, the ship designs are totally bitching.

A collection of sci fi stories by hoshino yukinobu. Seems pretty interesting so far. Also has girl who's perfectly willing to build a weapon that can cause artificial supernovas. If that's not awesome I dunno what is.

Tripon

Minamoto

I.. don't really know anymore.. about this whole playing out Genji. I didn't think it actually had loli kidnapping in the canon.

And dangit, there are plenty of people out there with full harems or whatever. Can't she just ask one of them. Or cross-dress and do it all by herself.

I care about the story, if it happens, I would like to see how the plot progresses before I make a judgement.

Kieli

Nanatsu no Taizai

The power levels in this series is so wack. I love it.

My boy Pendragon is going to show up strong, believe it.

so like how are they even going to save the empire or whatever in AgK anyway since apparently anyone with even a tiny bit of power is a torturer/rapist/murderer. seems kind of hard to fix a country when half of residents are psychopaths.

scy

so like how are they even going to save the empire or whatever in AgK anyway since apparently anyone with even a tiny bit of power is a torturer/rapist/murderer. seems kind of hard to fix a country when half of residents are psychopaths.

They won't.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom