• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Candy Special & Hatsukoi
candysp1.png

Two little bonus chapter's for Candy, one involving the couple fuckin about on a piano and the other dealing with the unrequited love of a side-character that I don't remember. It's alright I guess.

Finalizer

Koe no Katachi 27

So Ueno mite b a little self-centered

just putting the thought out there guys

so ishida and nishimiya can totally relate to eachother with the whole self-loathing thing now, heh

Jintor

Damnit. I've completely forgotten almost everything about beezlebub and well probably have to re-read the entire thing.

Ah well. That's not so bad.

Westlo

Caught up on the last 20 chapters of Blade Play, why the hell I am reading this... at least Yuno is awesome. Read the 29 chapters for Hachi Ichi, this is so obviously going to be a harem end.

Than caught up on Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou by reading chapter 17-22, based Centorea is still best girl, #dead @ her date outfit.

Those floating heads wonzo keeps using are the worst thing to happen to GAF since feeding cats pizza.

holeup.png

Akito

Have beeng plowing through GTO in the last few days, I wish I would have gotten off my ass to read this earlier cause I knew I would like it. Just one minor thing that really bugs me, all the girls have the same face and often the same friggin hairstyle as well, kinda hard to tell them apart. Or maybe that was all deliberate to make the Fukuda joke even better.

Aizo

Banned
Have beeng plowing through GTO in the last few days, I wish I would have gotten off my ass to read this earlier cause I knew I would like it. Just one minor thing that really bugs me, all the girls have the same face and often the same friggin hairstyle as well, kinda hard to tell them apart. Or maybe that was all deliberate to make the Fukuda joke even better.

That issue of Fujisawa's is in other series, too. Damn, I love GTO. Still my very favorite manga. Next, you get to read Shonan Junai Gumi! Since you liked Kyou Kara Ore Wa, you'll like that, too!

Kurita

The author only knows how to draw one type of girl.

Akito

That issue of Fujisawa's is in other series, too. Damn, I love GTO. Still my very favorite manga. Next, you get to read Shonan Junai Gumi! Since you liked Kyou Kara Ore Wa, you'll like that, too!
I'm not even done with GTO yet, only half way through haha but I do intend to check out the prequels, sequels, and spin-offs and whatsnot. Poor guy, must be hard to live down such a massive success as GTO.

Bloomed in Action 1-7 (END)

In which male ex-military personnel are taken from the brink of death and reconstructed into cute schoolgirls through the power of science. Formulaic comedy series that went nowhere in its short lifespan, yet something about the absurdity of its premise and the lighthearted lunacy of the individual enemy schemes meant I enjoyed it far more than I probably should've done.

scy

Nana to Kaoru caught up

really should read Arashi but i'm foolishly saving it in the hopes of the main series eventually reaching at that point (plus i'm lazy). Maybe i'll check it eventually

Realistically, it has to get there eventually. But it'll most likely just be a case of the main story ending with a "continued in Arashi" thing.

Arashi actually added developments and stuff so it's not just a "more serious S&M" spin-off.

Edit:

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 16 - Poor them. I'm sorry.

The Gamer 25
finally Sung-Gon has a real purpose. Before he just felt like some sort of generic baddie but now we mostly understand why he is doing stuff

Westlo

Nozo x Kimi 1-4

This mangaka got a peeping fetish or what putting this out after nozoki ana, oh well I guess since it's set in school with 16 year olds it won't have dat NTR.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
One Piece [anime he he]

So this was the episode with the Kyros statue, and Rebecca was talking about how no one's ever seen him or remembers him, not even the elders, they just know about him because of the statue. And suddenly that makes perfect sense, having the rest of the arc behind us now: he got turned into a toy. :eek:

Depending on the timeline, he might even be the Toy Soldier / Rebecca's father :O

Crimson Spell 1

Finally had time to read it, good fantasy type magic story with a good lead, Vald who looks really nice, even nicer in his transformed form at night time with the shackles off. His closer to human form is nice and with Hal, is actually pretty hot (uke even).

I love the constant debate hal is having with either wanting to not help his curse out and tame him since he loves him that way or to dispell the curse and get the sword, decisions decisions.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have a question that's probably been asked before... But where are the better places to get Manga for reasonable prices in the states?

I have a question that's probably been asked before... But where are the better places to get Manga for reasonable prices in the states?

Amazon is generally the cheapest.

RightStuf can be cheaper if they are doing a studio sale but you'll probably have to compare it with Amazon.

I know Barnes and Nobles were doing some good deals with Viz stuff a while back.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Amazon is generally the cheapest.

RightStuf can be cheaper if they are doing a studio sale but you'll probably have to compare it with Amazon.

I know Barnes and Nobles were doing some good deals with Viz stuff a while back.

Alright - I'll check that out. B&N had a good promotion a while back with B2G1, but I don't know how often they run that.

Imitator (oneshot)

It was an alright work place older uke type story, though the art for Oikawa was really good. One of the better characters in these type of one shots. The at home confession scene was fairly entertaining. I wouldnt have minded if it had been a two parter and more had happened there.

Kieli

Can you believe that Rightstuf is actually cheaper for me despite the 10% exchange rate loss (from US --> CAD), 14% gubermant tax, and the 4% exchange rate fee levied by my bank?

ARGH.

110-Ban wa Uketsukemasen! 2
tumblr_n1gnabNbvZ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Best panel considering being greeted with such a fantastic sight first thing in the morning would leave anyone dazed and stunned. Kaitou's dilemna with his feelings for Himuro and being extremely happy over just being praised by Himuro drove the chapter to being the more memorable one so far. Sparkles moments added to his faces and expressions and even just making him well drawn made me read it twice in a row. Too good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Don't qualify?
Nobody I've known has ever had an issue...

You need at least a year of psych. evaluation to get one (which involve no hesitation as to what gender you self-identify as) and there's only like a handful of places that even do it in the US; less abroad.

Stellarium 1
tumblr_n1goi8j5Bb1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The astronomy tied in with science aspect in a series in which they are potentially doing magic is a good setting for this type of story with the lead seemingly still trying to deal with the loss of his wife. I think it has potential to be an interesting story with his science accident to create the boy from the concoction, Al. I just don't see where it could go from here, but if he can get over his alcohol issue, as well become happier after moving on it could have a fun end.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece [anime he he]

So this was the episode with the Kyros statue, and Rebecca was talking about how no one's ever seen him or remembers him, not even the elders, they just know about him because of the statue. And suddenly that makes perfect sense, having the rest of the arc behind us now: he got turned into a toy. :eek:

Depending on the timeline, he might even be the Toy Soldier / Rebecca's father :O

Kyros disappeared 20 years ago.
The Doflamingo pirates took over Dressrosa 10 years ago. Meaning the toys only started showing up 10 years ago.
It's possible that Kyros stopped fighting 20 years ago, retired, and thanks to the Hobby Hobby Fruit, everyone lost their memory of him.
It is possible that the Toy Soldier was Kyros.

Dynedom

I didn't really get the Geera heel-face turn. Yeah, Diane did save her younger brother, but still...

Her father turning into a demon might added to that as well. Regardless, she's desperately overprotective of her brother as a result of being on their own.

Yozakura Quartet - 73

I love this manga. Nice conclusion. Real touching, actually. YQ also never fails to make me laugh.

survivor

Banned
14-sai no Koi

Oh god no, I caught up with the chapters.
SlvMJ9E.png

Now I don't know what to do cause I also read all of Mizutani's other translated manga.

I was looking at the magazine it's published in and it has a weird schedule coming out every 4 months, but I think it bundles few chapters of 14-sai at once. Next issue should be out next week so hopefully translations aren't that far off.

Caprice!

Poor Haru, but the scenes with the pillow were hilarious, his faces. I would have wanted Rin more but one of the better HaruMako ones.

Darwin's Game 6

Still the more intense of the phone death game stories. His unknown power is quite boggling if it not only lets him get any objects but something with his hand too. They could have explained the ability at least.

scy

Tonari no Raenzel W 1-16 - I'm pretty sure I read a handful of chapters of this before but some of these didn't look familiar so I'll just say I was catching up. Let's go with that.

You know, I'm not sure why I read the misadventures of Lolipedo-kun. Maid chapter was worth it, I guess but can we just finalize Shiori route and end this?! Feel like the basically a confession should ... well, do something.

And why are all these little girls all so delusional.

And some of these chapters feel like a crime.

Kono Kanojo wa Fiction desu 18 - You know what? I'm glad that BOTH sides confessed AND are sticking with it. Even in the face of eye-lasers and certain death.

Still, RIP.

Aunt Tits 115
And now she him to think about kidnapping her. Pressing the legal boundaries even more
And next chapter is going to have the first girl back

The Heroic Legend of Arslan 7

Gieve had the best introduction and his opening lines. Chapter did leave me with a thats it face and then the fact that the run in with Kharlan is happening so fast.

Nozomi x Kimio 17

Huh. That should've been gg right there, but I guess there's still a drama-shaped hurdle to overcome. Not sure whether Nozomi being far less Nozomi for an entire chapter is a positive sign or not. If it wasn't for the last few pages I'd suspect she was suddenly about to move away or something.

Scanlator says this might be ending at chapter 19, which is plausible given what happened in this chapter, but still utterly dkfgafjhsa

scy

Every time I see the D-Frag posts, I want to read it because Takao but then I get sad because she's probably not going to be winning girl (if there even could be a winning girl).

...that's a terrible reason, huh.

upandaway

Every time I see the D-Frag posts, I want to read it because Takao but then I get sad because she's probably not going to be winning girl (if there even could be a winning girl).

I'm sticking with the anime until it's over but yeah, Takao is pretty great

That's quitter talk.

Takao will win the Kazama and have her happy ending.

Best girls never win rule will fall before Takao's taka's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom