• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

Sooo, I looked up how long Namek ran in the manga.
From Chapter 242 (the survivors learn about Namek) to Chapter 329 (Porunga brings almost everyone back to life and Mecha-Freeza arrives on Earth).

That's less than 100 chapters. I guess the fatigue comes from the anime having episodes where nothing happens.

Buu Arc is the longest arc in the manga, its about 99 chapters.

If you don't separate the Saiyan and Namek material, then they make up the longest story arc together, in both the manga and anime.

Red Ribbon Army isn't even that long compared to them, even if you factor in the Baba Tournament in it.

Marche90

Naruto latest

POWER UP the series

Bleach latest

I have the feeling that if Kenpachi has reached Bankai, it will be the end of most of the Stretenritter (or however is writter)

Also, remember when Bleach had a Main character and human allies? :(

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 12

jTbIlndusyHYS.png

Everything about this character is amazing and incredibly dumb.

Not gonna say why cos I don't want to spoil the reveal, but man that was so funny. Seriously, this manga is fucking great. Really fun, dumb read.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Naruto latest

POWER UP the series

Bleach latest

I have the feeling that if Kenpachi has reached Bankai, it will be the end of most of the Stretenritter (or however is writter)

That's silly. Kenpachi is nowhere near as strong as Ichigo.

Also all this murder just makes Jhauahauaha Batch even stronger so it'll be up to Ichigo to take him down once everyone else gets one shotted by Batch.

Doesn't Obito have a Rinnegan? What are the odds that Obito going to ask Sakura to take his Rinnegan and implant it into herself?
Sakura has even less chakra than Kakashi. It'd burn her out in a second.

It would given Naruto an even shot against Madara however. (Though I think Obito's likely just gonna ask Sakura to help him revive everyone then to destroy his eye.)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Naruto latest

POWER UP the series

Bleach latest

Last I remembered, he was still on Snake Way.

Bleach

Yup. That's a big dumb Monster Hunter weapon, exactly what I was expecting him to have.

Naruto

HOW MANY POWER UPS CAN KISHIMOTO POOOOOSSSIIBBBLLLY FIIIT INTO THIS CHAPTER??

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo 361-377

All kinds of despair and rage in here. I did not remember that Itagaki's debut match was such an embarrassing scrub loss. A headbutt and an elbow hit was all it took to beat him. When Ippo of all people says you're being naïve and a bit of a crybaby, it's time to rethink your approach to boxing. Look at that shame and sorrow on his face

I loved reading what was my favorite part in New Challenger and one of the darker bits in the series, Takamura's diet hell.
Takamura throws furniture at times, sure, but it's mostly kinda comedic and never done while filled with such seething hate and frustration. He's never gone so desperate or borderline insane. 5+ kilograms (11+ pounds) to lose in 2 months! There are people who can lose that as just fat, but Takamura is a fit, muscular man who exercises his ass off daily regardless.

Also, Morikawa, are you trying to tell me something about Bryan Hawk (maybe NSFW)... Yes, I think he carries a big flashlight in his pants. Must be it.

Shokugeki no Soma Spoiler:

Its Megumi vs
Ryō Kurokiba in a ramen battle

interesting.

just assumptions here, no actual info being spoiled

dude's alternate state should help with her confidence since he's gonna be scary.

And with Alice's defeat he might be even crazier (aka wants revenge on Soma)?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Who is that?

EDIT: Oh. Cool. Theme is also great.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
interesting.

dude's alternate state should help with her confidence since he's gonna be scary.

Its basically Alice's assistant vs. Soma's assistant.

If I were a betting man, I'd say Tadokoro wins and its Soma v. Tadokoro. But otherwise I'd expect Kurokiba to win and Soma to avenge her. I don't expect her to win and fight someone else because it would draw the tournament arc out.

interesting.

More speculation:

I think what's interesting about this match is to see who will win as they'll fight Soma I think.

Alice's assistant? A chance at revenge for Alice losing.

Tadokoro? Pretty much like a student vs teacher match. And it definitely could be the end of her development arc.

As long as it isn't an one-sided stomp battle, I'm looking forward to it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
More speculation:

I think what's interesting about this match is to see who will win as they'll fight Soma I think.

Tadokoro? Pretty much like a student vs teacher match. And it definitely could be the end of her development arc.

I'm vaguely interested whether there's going to be anything else with Curry Guy. I mean, was the rivalry ended when he made a decent curry dish at the prelims?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hajime no Ippo 361-377

All kinds of despair and rage in here. I did not remember that Itagaki's debut match was such an embarrassing scrub loss. A headbutt and an elbow hit was all it took to beat him. When Ippo of all people says you're being naïve and a bit of a crybaby, it's time to rethink your approach to boxing. Look at that shame and sorrow on his face

I loved reading what was my favorite part in New Challenger and one of the darker bits in the series, Takamura's diet hell.
Takamura throws furniture at times, sure, but it's mostly kinda comedic and never done while filled with such seething hate and frustration. He's never gone so desperate or borderline insane. 5+ kilograms (11+ pounds) to lose in 2 months! There are people who can lose that as just fat, but Takamura is a fit, muscular man who exercises his ass off daily regardless.

Also, Morikawa, are you trying to tell me something about Bryan Hawk (maybe NSFW)... Yes, I think he carries a big flashlight in his pants. Must be it.

Now you make me wonder, who got the biggest dick between Bryan Hawk and Ippo
Edit: It's Ippo, Bryan Hawk ain't got nothing on Ippo marvelous firehose dick

Unlimited Cancellation Works.

And then they divorce

Tsugumi Ohba dan Takeshi Obata will surely deliver, maybe someday in the future.

Angry Grimace

Man, these are some disturbing as fuck comments on Shishunki no Iron Maiden:

you have no idea how ok i am with this MC female had it coming and is way to trusting now the the main has been trashed by her this was bound to happen

She so had it coming, it would be way more satisfying if he just doesn't answer her call and let her suffer the natural consequences.

i hope , MC will turn off his phone , that will be the best way muahahaha

Note: The character in question (a 14 year old girl) is trying to call the protagonist because she is about to be forcibly raped.

That's silly. Kenpachi is nowhere near as strong as Ichigo.

Also all this murder just makes Jhauahauaha Batch even stronger so it'll be up to Ichigo to take him down once everyone else gets one shotted by Batch.

Sakura has even less chakra than Kakashi. It'd burn her out in a second.

It would given Naruto an even shot against Madara however. (Though I think Obito's likely just gonna ask Sakura to help him revive everyone then to destroy his eye.)

Sakura has perfect chakra control however. She can preform techniques others can while using only a fraction of the chakra.

Soma

Well in the picture he does look more crazy

Spoiler pic:

http://i.minus.com/jbgZKSAM2Lkm7V.jpg

hmm, should be interesting.

More speculation:

hopefully its the latter since it could help her develop more lol or even fight Erina's assistant since she's strong as well

If I were a betting man, I'd say Tadokoro wins and its Soma v. Tadokoro. But otherwise I'd expect Kurokiba to win and Soma to avenge her. I don't expect her to win and fight someone else because it would draw the tournament arc out.

Maybe she would fight Dreads and lose?

I'm vaguely interested whether there's going to be anything else with Curry Guy. I mean, was the rivalry ended when he made a decent curry dish at the prelims?

didn't seem like it was over but Dreads kinda made it look like a truce of sorts since they both looked at him in contempt

Angry Grimace

should be interesting.

hopefully its the latter since it could help her develop more lol

Maybe she would fight Dreads and lose?

didn't seem like it was over but Dreads kinda made it look like a truce of sorts since they both looked at him in contempt

I guess my thought is that anything else with the Curry Guy would be anticlimactic. They aren't doing curry now.

Eleuin

Soma versus the former would be terrible.

scy

Man, these are some disturbing as fuck comments on Shishunki no Iron Maiden:

Note: The character in question (a 14 year old girl) is trying to call the protagonist because she is about to be forcibly raped.

People are really, really, really weird.

Comments on manga in general always seem to disgust me.

Edit: Regarding Soma, I'd like to see Tadokoro win and then go vs Soma in a real close match. Could do wonders if it's handled properly.

Kieli

Edit: Regarding Soma, I'd like to see Tadokoro win and then go vs Soma in a real close match. Could do wonders if it's handled properly.

In what world would it make sense for a B/B+ tier fighter to fight closely with an A+/S tier fighter?

Unless the A+/S tier handicaps and is played by a newbie.

Fake edit: Unless Tadokoro dreams and is given a Bajingan by the seven-footed Sage.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In what world would it make sense for a B/B+ tier fighter to fight closely with an A+/S tier fighter?

thisisshounendude.gif

(i really need to make this gif at some point)

Kieli

Let me be very clear here. I have no problem with the idea of Tadokoro fighting closely or EVEN beating Soma.

But NOT at her current power level. No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom