• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Naruto

So help me understand the series of events here. Obito absorbs the ten tails, becomes the jinchuriki. Fights around a bit, then eventually spawns the ten tails out of his back, which then becomes the sacred tree. He's still the jinchuriki though for some reason, I guess he's holding on to some portion of its power?

Regardless, blah blah blah, Madara sucks out his remaining bijuu chakra, becomes the jinchuriki himself, despite the main body of the ten tails still not being in either of them, it's the tree. But then Madara ALSO summons a big fuckin ten tails body, and sucks it into his back, in order to take on his proper jinchuriki form. Where the fuck did THAT ten tails come from? The TREE is the ten tails, there was no ten tails to summon and fuse with.

Now in this chapter we have him actually absorb the tree, but what the hell was he fighting with before that?

...buts it's also just complete bull shit as others have said "lol hard work its all about destiny and being born into greatness" all those really strong story themes that the manga started with have officially been flushed down the toilet. Guess its just time to turn my brain off and watch extreme shonen action. *sigh*

People gotta stop making it sound like Naruto keeps getting powerups without earning them. Everything he's learned through the manga has been due to intensive training, but also intensive intra-personal interaction with other people, which is arguably the most hard-workey of the things he does on a regular basis. People make fun of talk no jutsu, but the fact is that only Naruto due to the events he's lived through and the challenges he's overcome is capable of making a persuading argument to these people.

And you gotta think about the nature of the powers he has now. He's only using full bijuu power because he managed to overcome that Dark Naruto and pair successfully with Kurama, whose opinion of him he changed over like a decade of life. He was only able to damage Obito in the first place because of his extensive Sage Mode training and battle experience. His greatest achievement, though, was managing to not only defeat the juubi that were under Obito's control via his litany of earned powers, but to convince Son Goku that he was worth donating power to. Through him and his friendship with Kurama he managed to gain the trust of all of the remaining bijuu, and only by acquiring a portion of all their power was he able to use the abilities he's now showing off in this chapter. Sure, the Sage of Six Paths only appeared to him (and Sasuke) because they had his kids' chakra, but while Sasuke got yet another magical genetic powerup in keeping with his powerups throughout the whole series, Naruto's was focused very much around all those bijuu inside him, which only helped him because of everything he had managed to do in the manga up until that point. It turns out in the end that yes, he was special, but he still hard-worked his way through virtually everything.

SykoTech

You really have no idea what your talking about.

Thats not the rinnegan. Its Kaguya's original sharingan. Theres a reason there's only one. Its because it was Kaguya's third eye. There was only one.

Screen_shot_2014_04_16_at_14_37_54.jpg

The only stupid thing here is your lack of understanding.

The hard work thing is bullshit as well. Having those chakras doesn't suddenly make you a god.

Firstly Naruto would not be where he is right now to gain such powers without hard work. Its like you conveniently have forgotten the entire manga.

Secondly there were numerous incarnations of Ashura and Indra and yet the only two that will stand the test of time are Naruto and Sasuke and Madara and Hashirama. Having their chakras give you such potential. Whether you grasp that potential is up to you and hardwork most definitely helped Naruto not only in terms of power but as well as character.

I see you're banned. Not sure if it was because of your response here or because of something else. But since you took the time to reply, I'll acknowledge it anyway.

I originally did think it was another Sharingan powerup (especially since it's only in one eye and looks "fancy"), but Madara called it the Rinnegan...at least in the translation I read. It does look more similar to the original Sharingan, but I wasn't going to go against what the author himself stated in the text. If we get further clarification on what it really is later, then okay.

Second, you missed the point I was talking about on the hardwork thing. I never stated that Naruto (and Sasuke) never put in any hardwork throughout the entire manga. If that was the case, I would have never become a Naruto fan in the first place. I was specifically talking what's been happening recently. You know, Naruto getting the powers of all the Tailed Beasts plus whatever extra power he got from the Sage (he can touch the black balls now) just by simply touching their palms. The whole thing undermines what got me into Naruto to begin. Being the son of the 4th Hokage ("The Savior") and the Jinchiruki of (arguably) the most powerful Tailed Beast were enough advantages for me. But then it was Child of Prophecy from Toad Sage, and super special chakra from the Uzumaki clan (that's conveniently linked to the almighty Senju's!), and predestined person that all the Tailed Beast would be reunited in, and reincarnation of God's son...yeah. Sorry, but Kishimoto lost me with all that.

Again, I never said there never was any hardwork. That much should go without saying. But come on. It's abundantly clear that the theme of Destiny has become much more important than the old theme of hardwork. I remember the talentless loser Rock Lee (my favorite character) receiving a ton of attention before the timeskip, because he was the embodiment of hardwork over clan birthright or being a "genius". But his spotlight conveniently crumbled after the timeskip once all this talk of destiny and legends began to become more and more important.

If you're good with that, great. But I can't help but wish that the themes could have been balanced out a lot better.

Attacking someones understanding over a manga is a bit...much I think :/

Hahaha, don't worry about. As a longtime Nintendo and Sega fan who has been flamed by fellow fans after expressing my displeasure for the direction they've taken, I'm more than use to it. Looking back, I guess my post was a bit inflammatory. Sasuke might be a fictional character, but I suppose calling his look stupid was guaranteed to piss someone off. Could have worded that better.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nekogurui Minako-san 0.12-0.13

Honestly this mangas format is pretty damn weird. Mostly just 1-3 pages.

Also pretty damn weird in general.

Naruto
So next chapter(s),either 2>1 or 1<2.

Bleach
This new form...its a bit lame compared to his initial blade's form, dont really like it. Ah well, just get on with the battle and end it!

Antiwhippy

MangaGAF turning on itself, like in a Juan Gotoh's cannibalistic orgy, whenever Wednesday rolls around.
It brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Once again I have googled a title where I really should have done in incognito.

Maybe I should make it a policy that whenever I want to google something I don't know in mangaf, I must do it in incognito.

I don't see any cannibals though. You lied to me!

edit:
Oh wait, got to the cannibal part.

Lain

Once again I have googled a title where I really should have done in incognito.

Maybe I should make it a policy that whenever I want to google something I don't know in mangaf, I must do it in incognito.

I don't see any cannibals though. You lied to me!

I had in mind the imagery of Applicant for Death and another one of his works (the name of which escapes me now) where a bunch of teachers and students kill each other while having an orgy, though mass suicide doesn't have the same sound and appeal of using cannibalism in this here thread.
They don't eat each other proper, but in a way, it's an orgy that feeds on itself as each one entrusts another to kill him/her while they're having an orgasm.

Naruto

So help me understand the series of events here. Obito absorbs the ten tails, becomes the jinchuriki. Fights around a bit, then eventually spawns the ten tails out of his back, which then becomes the sacred tree. He's still the jinchuriki though for some reason, I guess he's holding on to some portion of its power?

Regardless, blah blah blah, Madara sucks out his remaining bijuu chakra, becomes the jinchuriki himself, despite the main body of the ten tails still not being in either of them, it's the tree. But then Madara ALSO summons a big fuckin ten tails body, and sucks it into his back, in order to take on his proper jinchuriki form. Where the fuck did THAT ten tails come from? The TREE is the ten tails, there was no ten tails to summon and fuse with.

Now in this chapter we have him actually absorb the tree, but what the hell was he fighting with before that?

People gotta stop making it sound like Naruto keeps getting powerups without earning them. Everything he's learned through the manga has been due to intensive training, but also intensive intra-personal interaction with other people, which is arguably the most hard-workey of the things he does on a regular basis. People make fun of talk no jutsu, but the fact is that only Naruto due to the events he's lived through and the challenges he's overcome is capable of making a persuading argument to these people.

And you gotta think about the nature of the powers he has now. He's only using full bijuu power because he managed to overcome that Dark Naruto and pair successfully with Kurama, whose opinion of him he changed over like a decade of life. He was only able to damage Obito in the first place because of his extensive Sage Mode training and battle experience. His greatest achievement, though, was managing to not only defeat the juubi that were under Obito's control via his litany of earned powers, but to convince Son Goku that he was worth donating power to. Through him and his friendship with Kurama he managed to gain the trust of all of the remaining bijuu, and only by acquiring a portion of all their power was he able to use the abilities he's now showing off in this chapter. Sure, the Sage of Six Paths only appeared to him (and Sasuke) because they had his kids' chakra, but while Sasuke got yet another magical genetic powerup in keeping with his powerups throughout the whole series, Naruto's was focused very much around all those bijuu inside him, which only helped him because of everything he had managed to do in the manga up until that point. It turns out in the end that yes, he was special, but he still hard-worked his way through virtually everything.

Well said.

Antiwhippy

I had in mind the imagery of Applicant for Death and another one of his works (the name of which escapes me now) where a bunch of teachers and students kill each other while having an orgy, though mass suicide doesn't have the same sound and appeal of using cannibalism in this here thread.
They don't eat each other proper, but in a way, it's an orgy that feeds on itself as each one entrusts another to kill him/her while they're having an orgasm.

Yeah, I read a bit of applicant of death, where I pretty much stopped at when she got shot in the head. Diiiiiidn't really need that image in my head. Got no one to blame but myself.

Most of his stuff seems to be incest big sister/little brother stuff.

Naruto

You're right to a point, but as sycotech pointed out, at this point the series just established that Naruto is the reincarnate of a god's son, the chosen one, etc which goes against the original ideas of the series that even if you aren't born special if you work hard you can make something of yourself. Even if Naruto didn't work half as hard as he did he was still the chosen one and reincarnate that was destined to save the world. And thats fine I don't have a problem with a story about the chosen one saving the world, but that's not the kind of story Naruro was, its not the series I originally got into.

Ironically the only characters in the plot that still represent those original ideas are Sakura and Gai, both of whom had one moment of awesome before fading from the spot light so that the chosen one and the chosen bff can save the world with their predestined powers they were born to be given.

scy

I wake up to a page of Big 3 debates and a banning.

I'm going back to sleep guys.

Kingdom 363-364 - Kyoukai is the best. Shin seems okay with things.

Also, RIP old man.

Nordicus

the only time we'll become cannibals is when Scy steps out of line

I, uhh, don't think that'll be a problem.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 19 - RIP my heart.

So yeah..

*picks out scy's finger bone from his teeth*

Uhh, I got no idea how that got there! Honest!!!

Look, it's not like his corpse was going to to be of use to anything else! I just, ya know, finders keepers and shit

Edit: wait, but scy's right here! ... then who the hell...

kasane

I, uhh, don't think that'll be a problem.

So yeah..

*picks out scy's finger bone from his teeth*

Uhh, I got no idea how that got there! Honest!!!

Look, it's not like his corpse was going to to be of use to anything else! I just, ya know, finders keepers and shit

Im confused. Didnt the principal say the old folks who snuck up on the pool was a vamp and a human? As far as i remember the feMC is a full vamp

Maybe i didnt pay attention enough.

Nordicus

Im confused. Didnt the principal say the old folks who snuck up on the pool was a vamp and a human? As far as i remember the feMC is a full vamp

It was mentioned a few times before that Shiragami's is kinda expecting same kind of love story that happened to her parents. It was a vampire and a human then too

scy

See, I keep fakes around for situations just like this.

Nah, her mom is a human. She came to the school because of her parents meeting there and falling in love and blahblahblah. Basically, for what's happening right now.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Koe no Katachi 34
Damn, shit got real. Mashiba or whatever his name was used to be bullied, so he's cleared of being suspicious I guess. And now Ishida is going back to his old elementary school...

kasane

I thought I could push it, but when I got to the end I realised just how weak I was.

Yep. That's... something.
I still remember some sick stuff i accidentally read.

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.
it started off as a normal yuri manga then she turned yandere and she attached the womb? of her crush on herself.

Another one
after the dude had sex with a girl he stuck her up on a rod and she got hit by lightning

I didnt actually read these i just saw the shocking scenes since my friend showed it to me

Lain

I feel evil.

I'm debating if it's worth spending money on Go Nagai. I loved Devilman and Mazinger Z anime as a kid, but the art for the manga is a bit... not to my taste.

kewlmyc

SHOCKING!
Turns out teacher childhood friend also has a key lololol

Oh boy, sure didn't see that coming.

At least we know all the holders now.

Koe no Katachi 34:
This won't end well. I hope this new guy wasn't bullied by Ishida.

Yamada latest:
New girl is cute, but pretty boring. This new power should be interesting in Yamada's hands at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom