• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
Koe No Katachi

cyirvr.png

okayfrog

Banned
Someone please tell me I'm wrong: This current Naruto war has been going on for over 200 chapters. I just looked on Wikipedia and it looks like this war began around chapter 550 or so. Anyone know an exact start to this big, seemingly never-ending battle? Fuck, I remember hearing the manga was gonna end in 2012. Then 2013. Now... ?

kasane

The mom stands a better chance.

Agreed
Someone please tell me I'm wrong: This current Naruto war has been going on for over 200 chapters. I just looked on Wikipedia and it looks like this war began around chapter 550 or so. Anyone know an exact start to this big, seemingly never-ending battle? Fuck, I remember hearing the manga was gonna end in 2012. Then 2013. Now... ?

I dont know but what i know is its been going on for FOREVER.

Charade

Koe no Katachi 34

So I guess Mashiba is a good guy after all. Someone's probably gonna recognize Ishida at the school. That, or just being in the place will bring it all back

Prison School 107

Joe what happened to you man? You were such a good friend last chapter.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the war started on 515. I think Naruto ran into Obito around 560ish. Madara came around 610ish?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The 4th Shinobi World War Arc officially started in Chapter 516 (Gaara's speech).

It's been 3 years

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The 4th Shinobi World War Arc officially started in Chapter 516 (Gaara's speech).

It's been 3 years

What the fuck...
Forget Namek and Soul Society, the newest question is "Are they still fighting the Ninja War?"

Going by volume releases, the war began in Volume 55. The latest was Volume 68.

Naruto 673

Naruto gets a new design, new weapons, those floating balls of destruction behind him, and presumably all the powers from the tailed beasts.

Sasuke gets a brand spanking new eye.

Someone got jibed hard.

okayfrog

Banned

It's been 3 years

It's no wonder I laughed at the end of this last chapter when it said "THIS WILL BE THE FINAL BATTLE." Fucking hell, just end, Naruto. I used to read Bleach -> Naruto -> One Piece, but Naruto has become worse than Bleach and now the two are flipped.

scy

New eyes are cool though.

It's no wonder I laughed at the end of this last chapter when it said "THIS WILL BE THE FINAL BATTLE." Fucking hell, just end, Naruto. I used to read Bleach -> Naruto -> One Piece, but Naruto has become worse than Bleach and now the two are flipped.

I used to look forward to reading them when they released but now it's mostly just when I remember to.

Speaking of over dragged Shonen locations

which one did you find the worst and which series has the most bland worlds

For me
Place: Hueco Mundo

Series: Bleach

Naruto had some decent world building in the beginning... now its just a crater battle

kasane

New eyes are cool though.

I used to look forward to reading them when they released but now it's mostly just when I remember to.
Thats basically how sasuke got popular.

I havent been in tumblr for years but i assume they had a field day when sasuke turned into a " good guy '

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Bleach

So... anyone notice that Zaraki's eyepatch is actually transparent? You can see his eye glowin in there. I don't think it's actually a power restraint any more, I think he's just wearing it to be stylish.

BatDan

Sooo, I looked up how long Namek ran in the manga.
From Chapter 242 (the survivors learn about Namek) to Chapter 329 (Porunga brings almost everyone back to life and Mecha-Freeza arrives on Earth).

That's less than 100 chapters. I guess the fatigue comes from the anime having episodes where nothing happens.

Speaking of over dragged Shonen locations

which one did you find the worst and which series has the most bland worlds

For me
Place: Hueco Mundo

Series: Bleach

Naruto had some decent world building in the beginning... now its just a crater battle
Hueco Mundo and Fake Karakura were my favorite parts of Bleach, certainly not bland or anything.

One Piece Skypeia, and One Piece Fishman Island and usually tournament locations.

_hekk05

Banned
Bleach

So... anyone notice that Zaraki's eyepatch is actually transparent? You can see his eye glowin in there. I don't think it's actually a power restraint any more, I think he's just wearing it to be stylish.

Inb4 so much reiatsu it causes his eyes to glow

Hueco Mundo and Fake Karakura were my favorite parts of Bleach, certainly not bland or anything.

One Piece Skypeia, and One Piece Fishman Island and usually tournament locations.

Skypeia and Fishman Island where quite unbearable due to the plot I agree, but at least it had some originality in design

On the other hand Hueco Mundo is a blank white desert with one blank white fortress

Karakura is just a boring small town; no matter what happens there the place has no soul

What the fuck...
Forget Namek and Soul Society, the newest question is "Are they still fighting the Ninja War?"

Going by volume releases, the war began in Volume 55. The latest was Volume 68.

Wow that is a long ass time .
Then again it suppose to be the final arc so i guess it makes sense that it so long .

kasane

Did tokyo wonder boys get cancelled? I think i read it a few pages back thats in the danger zone. If so thank god that i havebt reaf it yet.

BatDan

Did tokyo wonder boys get cancelled? I think i read it a few pages back thats in the danger zone. If so thank god that i havebt reaf it yet.

Here's what I found.

Gintama (Cover & Lead Color)
Naruto
Kuroko no Basket
Assassination Classroom
Toriko
Nisekoi
Abaremashira (Oneshot, Utsumi Yuusuke)
Shokugeki no Soma [CP]
Isobe Isobee Monogatari
Haikyuu
Saiki Kusuo no PSInan
World Trigger [CP]
Illegal Rare
Soul Catcher(S)
Bleach
iShoujo
Kochikame
Stealth Symphony
Tokyo Wonder Boys [First Rank]
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Absent: One Piece

I'm not sure why Isobe is listed twice.
But this is Tokyo Wonder Boys first ranking. It's dead. Just like Stealth Symphony.

Naruto

That... that would make so much sense :O
Sakura is the Rin of team7 and before dying Obito wants to give the gift to Rin/Sakura too making her worthwhile of battling against Madara so we could have T7 vs Madara which is probably what Kishi has in mind for the final battle.

This is what I'd like to happen, but that would make Sakura useful but we all know how much Kishimoto hates women. So Obito will end up having asking Sakura to take his Rinnegan and give it to Kakashi.

iirc it had it's first official rank and its near the bottom so not looking good right now.

might be another chapter 20 victim or maybe something will help.

Shonen

Idol Girl and regular boy Manga

Soccer or Football* Manga

Basic Invaders (from another world) vs Handsome people Manga

are over played... I am not the only one tired of these

if you want to be sensitive LeleSocho

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

This is what I'd like to happen, but that would make Sakura useful but we all know how much Kishimoto hates women. So Obito will end up having asking Sakura to take his Rinnegan and give it to Kakashi.

Hes not going to give Sakura the Rinnegan. He's going to ask her to kill him and destroy the eye so Madara can't get it back.

SHOCKING!
Turns out teacher childhood friend also has a key lololol

Excellent.

Ultimate strategy to retake Wednesdays: discuss guro and scare everybody away.

Or waifu wars. Or it becomes :DTL day.

Here's what I found.

I'm not sure why Isobe is listed twice.
But this is Tokyo Wonder Boys first ranking. It's dead. Just like Stealth Symphony.

No surprise everything new in Jump is going to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom