• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Ya know, I kinda noticed that Jitsu wa Watashi wa has a good number of facepalm moments on top of the goofy faces.

At this point Kuromine has to be aware of how dumb his scenario is
xwylCHP.jpg

Oricon Comic Rankings April 7th - 13th

*5. *,132,471 *,256,250 Haikyuu!! Vol.10

*8. *,114,922 *,247,325 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.7

22. *,*46,409 *,*88,410 Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan Vol.8
27. *,*35,295 *,*83,676 World Trigger Vol.5
37. *,*26,911 *,435,001 Haikyuu!! Vol.1
38. *,*25,024 *,417,782 Haikyuu!! Vol.2
45. *,*22,427 *,405,972 Haikyuu!! Vol.3

World Trigger on Saiki Kusuo level finally and even coming close to 100K, for a series rarely in the top five an an action one, its doing pretty well in the current climate of jump and its veteran action series, perhaps it will grow further and even get an anime adaptation announced end of this year and such, I hope.

But Haikyuu!! need v4 and more to creep up there for the next few weeks.

LN Chart had the Mahouka early volumes coming up and No Game No Life. Mahouka truly getting that which it deserves in both mediums, really need more explosive growth, and also for ngnl, fun little series.

*2. 102,566 102,566 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol.13
11. *13,308 246,828 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol.1
14. *10,899 215,059 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol.2
20. **8,197 190,174 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol.3
23. **6,773 179,717 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol.4

12. *12,742 *19,213 No Game No Life Vol.1
18. **9,059 *13,267 No Game No Life Vol.2
24. **6,574 *10,151 No Game No Life Vol.3

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ya know, I kinda noticed that Jitsu wa Watashi wa has a good number of facepalm moments on top of the goofy faces.

At this point Kuromine has to be aware of how dumb his scenario is

just slap the words "WedensdayGAF" on the bottom and it will do work every week

Mortemis

Banned
Bleach

Umm, I'm not sure if this was already posted but if Ichigo is falling right now, shouldn't a meteor that's that big, well, bring him down? Or did it just appear right on top and didn't fall for a long time.

Naruto

So is this next fight the final fight or are Naruto and Sasuke gonna get another powerup. Maybe fu-sion-ha! is next.

Man Wednesdays are so shitty without One Piece. At least we got Kingdom tomorrow.

Mortemis

Banned
Speaking about Kingdom, the scan group is almost caught up to the magazine aren't they? I'm so used to 5 chapters a week, whenever we get 3 or 2 I get sad. I don't think I can handle 1 chapter a week. ):

Nordicus

just slap the words "WedensdayGAF" on the bottom and it will do work every week
This is the greatest idea.

...ya know what, sure, though I'm going to sleep so I'll do it in the morning, anyone really can just slap that text on the picture if they need it now.

I kinda want to make a version that's wider than it's tall, so the quoting minimizes it better (or maybe text is a better punchline in a tall picture?). I'll probably fill a version of it with other smaller images of disbelief, shame, fetal positions and "Oh god kill me now" in the cracks

kasane

Guys recommend me sports manga pls. Possibly the lesser known once since, you know.

Is mahouka getting an anime? I heard ramblings of it a while back but i have no info now, or more like im not looking at all

Akito

Guys recommend me sports manga pls. Possibly the lesser known once since, you know.

Is mahouka getting an anime? I heard ramblings of it a while back but i have no info now, or more like im not looking at all
RRR
1/11
Smash!
Matsuri Special
Donten Prism Solar Car
Bushidou Sixteen
Gunjou

scy

Eh, it probably won't bother me.

I think? I mean ... how bad could it be.

I'm going to remember this post when I get to watching it.

Naruto

I don't post here that much. Sorry diverge from the better manga discussions that is going on. Something I noticed in Naruto for this latest chapter. Sasuke has rinnegan in one eye, the left one and it happens to be the eye that Madara is missing, his rinnegan. Could Madara possibly take Sasuke's rinnegan, I mean this is obviously speculation that can occur after they go through a dramatic fight for a few chapters. Just what I noticed.

So Haikyuu not getting a bump from it's anime?

How do you get that impression when the first three volumes are appearing in the top 50 after only one episode aired...
37. *,*26,911 *,435,001 Haikyuu!! Vol.1
38. *,*25,024 *,417,782 Haikyuu!! Vol.2
45. *,*22,427 *,405,972 Haikyuu!! Vol.3

Dresden

Caught up on Drifters - it's pretty fun, Jesus leading an army of orcs versus a human empire built by Hitler with a coalition of random historical heroes, elves, and the glory of the DWARVES in the corner. Very nippon banzai-y with the random samurai wanking, but otherwise a good time.

Now to wait ten more years until it's over. God bless Hirano.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I read the first few chapters of Jitsu wa before and didn't really care about it. :\ The art kind of reminds me of a webcomic art style, like The Meek or something. Speaking of which, I haven't read that in years. :(

scy

Jitsu wa Watashi wa slowly losing priority

Ultimately, it's just a romcom involving a guy and a vampire and then throws in various other girls because girls. But they're not really there as competition and more for comedic purposes most of the time. It's really more on the comedy side of things than anything.

Also, reaction faces and blushing galore.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Well they named it all you need is kill before

then they changed it for some kind of reason

Actually, they named it We are Mortals/ We mortals are (several article state different name, don't know which one is correct), then change it to Edge of Tomorrow.

I still think All you need is kill is far better name
=================================================

Jitsu wa Watashi is good, and definitely enjoyable

Speaking of Anime from the last page

There is a petition going on for a Toriko anime reboot by Mad House studios

Even though that would be a great idea to have Mad House make a canon, non child friendly version of Toriko I believe it is waaaay to early for that to ever happen...

That and Japan will never listen to a random petition from outside countries to decide a inside series reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom