• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

I don't post here that much. Sorry diverge from the better manga discussions that is going on. Something I noticed in Naruto for this latest chapter. Sasuke has rinnegan in one eye, the left one and it happens to be the eye that Madara is missing, his rinnegan. Could Madara possibly take Sasuke's rinnegan, I mean this is obviously speculation that can occur after they go through a dramatic fight for a few chapters. Just what I noticed.

I don't think it matters which eye goes in which socket.

kasane

Speaking of Anime from the last page

There is a petition going on for a Toriko anime reboot by Mad House studios

Even though that would be a great idea to have Mad House make a canon, non child friendly version of Toriko I believe it is waaaay to early for that to ever happen...

That and Japan will never listen to a random petition from outside countries to decide a inside series reboot

Eh i don't think toriko is popular ENOUGH to make that happen.

Kimi ga Inakya Dame tte Itte 01-02

Two childhood friends. Girl notices the guy likes someone else and realizes her own feeling for him.

So very shoujo. It was only the end of chapter 1 and we are already getting characters crying. Very iffy if I want to continue.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hyakunen Renbo 1
A hundred year old witch is given a sickly child prince to cure, and they end up falling in love when the prince grows up. Concept is good and made me pick it up in the first place, but the execution is... eh. I don't really think their personality types fit this kind of story. It seems really cliched because the witch is a tsundere and the prince is a typical carefree popular type who seems convinced she's in love with him. Like I've read hundreds of shoujo stories with this type of dynamic albeit in much less inspired settings (aka 99% of them are at a school), so I felt disappointed when this basically told the same story as those and didn't leverage the setting as much as it could have. I'm sure what I've said about it makes it seem more interesting than it actually was. Maybe it's my fault for going into it expecting something really good like Akagami no Shirayukihime or something, just because the setting was different than normal.

tl;dr good setting ruined by cliched characters.

If I was a billionare, I'd bribe Shun or the author to make TakuSoma OTP.

SoTaku
tumblr_inline_mwsheoohDe1qb9i9c.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's the same deal with Oh!Great and Yabuki.

Amateurs just cannot compare to the gods of smut.

The worst part about looking at Shokugeki no Soma fan art is seeing how vastly inferior they look compared to Tosh.

But he draws soma so inconsistently sometimes, some chapters he looks like three different ages even. Like Murata and Araki fandom have showed, some artists greatly improve upon the original creators work, and the Soma community at large has some members that truly deliver excellent arts..

Doesn't Obito have a Rinnegan? What are the odds that Obito going to ask Sakura to take his Rinnegan and implant it into herself?

... Uhhh, more like "Hey, can you take my new hex eye and give it to my bro ... just like Rin did when I was gonna die before? Thanks woman ... aka useless shack of rocks!".

Sakura's useless, Kish has clearly given up on that front. The most she can do is the most backwards "CPR" ever and generic med shit with Slow-mo-power punch tossed in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom