• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

RxZijfN.jpg

I keep trying to read this series, but the appeal of it also freaks me out.

upandaway

Peephole 20

I'm legitimately surprised that she didn't pass the IP check. That's like, criminal 101. I don't think she'll survive this.

So is this gonna be a cat and mouse arc with the new killer and the police, because I'm down with that.

scy

Peephole 20 - The harem grows. Well, at least the number of women that want to murder him grows.

Which is still a good thing so #winning.

Lasboss x Hero 12

Look, I don't care if the editor is just around to cockblock the guy and push the story towards something much less uninteresting compared to having the MC as the final boss.

I want Nina dead. She can be the greatest demon lord ever written, but I need her to die.

scy

So that youkai manga made me want to re-read Addicted to Curry. Sad I'll probably never see it resolve. F-cup > Yui so much.

Mortemis

Banned
Kingdom

Mougou has lived a long life, plus he finally got to defeat his lifelong rival Renpa. It's not really sad he's dying, at least he gets to pass peacefully instead of getting his head chopped off in a war. I'm more concerned on how Mouten is going to take it. :( So now Qin is going to have like 3 generals, with two having crazy personalities? Good luck with that Qin.

Lol at Kyoukai saying she wants to have Shin's kid. Now that Kyoukai is aiming for General, she can be the next Kyou (one of the six great generals if you don't remember). Tbh I'm kinda glad that we have the older generation leaving and the newer one coming forward. Generals like Ouki, Duke Hyou, Choutou and now Mougou are leaving and we have people like Shin, Ouhon, and Mouten moving up the ranks.

All that's left is for Sei to kill that fucker Ryo fui and become the actual king. Hopefully that arc is next up.

Taiyou no Ie 1-3

This started off so depressing, but man it's becoming really adorable.

Young girl always goes to her childhood friend's house for dinner when she's a kid as her parents always work. Her parents get a divorce, and she decides to go live with her dad as her mother is remarrying.

A few years later her dad is also remarrying with a woman who had a child in her former marriage. She feels left out in his new family, and she goes to live with her childhood friend, who's living alone after his parents died when he was younger.

She finally feels cares for and now feelings are starting to develop.

It's a really sweet story and the art is pretty nice.

Dresden

House of the Sun is mediocre, but inexplicably moe. The art isn't great, but it's moe. The writing is pretty bad, but it's moe. The characters aren't exactly compelling, but they're... moe.

Nordicus

I never got how utterly devastating fevers are in anime/manga. To me the worst thing is that I can't walk to a grocery store less than kilometer away without grabbing a whole box of tissues.

Then again, I once had a virus that just gave me sore throat for 2 weeks, but also managed to very likely be the reason my sister got pneumonia and was hospitalized for weeks. (Get sick in the army while working as a medic in the campus hospital -> get back home for weekend -> after 3-4 days suddenly little sis incredibly ill)

So maybe I'm just a freak of nature.

scy

Fevers are serious business.

Edit: Though, maybe some of it is an asian thing? I know whenever I was the least bit sick as a kid, my mother (Korean) would freak the fuck out about it.

Then again, there was this one time I was pretty sure I was dying but it was also the flu + a hangover.

Nordicus

Edit: Though, maybe some of it is an asian thing? I know whenever I was the least bit sick as a kid, my mother (Korean) would freak the fuck out about it.
Could be.

They're ignoring Papa Nurgle so he's trying to spread his love harder than usually

Dunno, my parents didn't really flip out if I got sick when I was a kid.

Sure they would ask if I was coming down with something the moment I sneeze but it never seem like locking you down to your bed for the rest of the day.

scy

Dunno, my parents didn't really flip out if I got sick when I was a kid.

Sure they would ask if I was coming down with something the moment I sneeze but it never seem like locking you down to your bed for the rest of the day.

Well, yeah. It wasn't immediate lock and key but it was always the immediate "ARE YOU SICK?!" to a sneeze, cough, or just mumbling when on the phone.

In hindsight, maybe they're secretly always thinking I'm dying.

kasane

House of the Sun is mediocre, but inexplicably moe. The art isn't great, but it's moe. The writing is pretty bad, but it's moe. The characters aren't exactly compelling, but they're... moe.

" All you need is moe. "

Yes i think its an asian thing. My mother always freaks out to and whenever she thought the weather was going bad she wouldn't even let me go to school

Well, yeah. It wasn't immediate lock and key but it was always the immediate "ARE YOU SICK?!" to a sneeze, cough, or just mumbling when on the phone.

In hindsight, maybe they're secretly always thinking I'm dying.

Maybe they realized your thing.

scy

maybe I inherited it

Taiyou no Ie 41 - So apparently I didn't read this until today.

I cried a little. Some insight on the dad and Hina ;__;

Charade

Okay, so this totally random off-topic thought occurred to me.

scy, do you pronounce your username like "sky" as in Skyfall or like "psy" as in Psyduck? I need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom