• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Reset every chapter or after an entire arc? Vastly different things there possibly.

Hell, without the reset this could almost have been The World God Only Knows (and, well, imouto route).

cooltext1528637520.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caught up! MAN what a ride

AWESOME series
the twist, the battles, the characters....

FUCK YOU Ri Boku

FUCK YOU!

...fuck Ryo too (but his skims are pretty awesome)

Akito

Hey Manga GAF can anyone identify this manga I read years ago?

Description: I think it's based on a dating sim set at an high school. The story is rebooted each chapter showing how the main character dates and eventually gets with a different girl. I think their was a childhood friend, Sports girl, rich girl and a alternate dream sequence with the little sister.
Amagami?

edit: also wait A Huge Battleship, in your avatar is she actually topless in the original pic or is it just clever censor-barring from you
The artist partially censored it himself, I just made it a bit more elaborate
and more worksafe

Animal cruelty, reported.
They were dead when I found them, honest.

I still need to watch this I guess...
Season 2's airing at the moment, so it's the perfect time to get started

... is what I want to say, but I still haven't watched either season myself yet. Swear to god I'll start on S1 soon.

Jintor

Flag Time 1-9

A cute manga about a girl who can stop time for 3 minutes and is shy and introverted as fuuuuuuuuuck. And the girl who is totally immune to her powers for some reason or the other.

It's pretty cute and a little bit wajah and a bit perverted and kinda overall stressful... but also a bit by-the-numbers. Without more development it's hard to say what I feel about it exactly.

Charade

Flag Time 1-9

A cute manga about a girl who can stop time for 3 minutes and is shy and introverted as fuuuuuuuuuck. And the girl who is totally immune to her powers for some reason or the other.

It's pretty cute and a little bit wajah and a bit perverted and kinda overall stressful... but also a bit by-the-numbers. Without more development it's hard to say what I feel about it exactly.

You know, I almost forgot about this lol (I know, kinda stupid since it happens every chapter, but they don't really bring it up anymore!). I wouldn't be surprised if they never even explain why. Not that it's that important since it's more focused on the relationships anyways.

Jintor

You know, I almost forgot about this lol (I know, kinda stupid since it happens every chapter, but they don't really bring it up anymore!). I wouldn't be surprised if they never even explain why. Not that it's that important since it's more focused on the relationships anyways.

I expect it has something to do with shy girl, but you're right, the mechanics aren't really that important

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot I even had a twitter lol

Description: I think it's based on a dating sim set at an high school. The story is rebooted each chapter showing how the main character dates and eventually gets with a different girl. I think their was a childhood friend, Sports girl, rich girl and a alternate dream sequence with the little sister.
Is this the one where at the end of every non-sister route, the sister gets taken away and somehow uploaded to a computer and disappears forever, and the brother saves her by getting uploaded himself. And there's some sort of AI from the future who was based on the sister trying to help him

The artist partially censored it himself, I just made it a bit more elaborate
and more worksafe
Your sacrifice for those in public settings will not go in vain. ;_;7

Charade

I expect it has something to do with shy girl, but you're right, the mechanics aren't really that important

Yeah. I agree with you about being on the fence about how you feel. It is a frustrating read at times, especially with this latest development (it's like c'mon girl, you can still be together even without stopping time!). I feel like the resolution to this whole "I'm losing my powers" dilemma will be the conclusion though.

Charade

My Girlfriend -

What? This is a one-shot? DAMN YOU MINASE RURUUUUUUU! DAAAAAAAAAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Haha, I think everything (s)he's done is a oneshot.

Well, except for that lewd train one that had a sequel
(Touch Me/Told Me are the titles)

Fairy Tail

man I just read these recent chapters and they feel so... so lame now that I've read Kingdom

Is this what elitism is?

IS THIS WHAT I WANTED?

;_;
well at least I have Toriko, One Piece, etc..

Lain

Kuchizuke wa Uso no Aji 02

He'll probably keep conning me but I just can't stop sleeping with him. What a dilemma.

---------------------------------------------

GUYS GUYS GUYS

YEN PRESS HAS LICENSED 14 SAI NO KOI

Looks like YenPress is also releasing Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka LN out here in the west too.

And Index LNs.

Based YenPress.

I guess to be fair, YenPress also licensed Gou-Dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora.

I'll have to write all these down so I remember to buy them.

Charade

It was so cute ;_;

Why no full series

;__;

But I think it's just a consequence of the genre. The majority of releases seem to be one-shots, and the rest are usually short series (10 chapters or less). It's both good and bad I guess.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 3-8

Is it wrong I like alien girl more than vampire girl?

dumbyugi

KimiKiss - Various Heroines & Amagami - Various Heroines are the only series I can think of that do the reboot thing. At least that I've read.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I wish we could all get along like we used to in OTX... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom