• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan-san

I've said it a million times, Togashi needs his ass fired as his own special brand of nonsense poisons Shonen Jump (not that it's already not ratchet thanks to it's otherwise totalitarian stance on affairs)

upandaway

4 volumes of chapters that need to be fixed seems like a lot of work.
Well um wait a sec man. Ya'll love playing the art joke but there hasn't been any scratches for more than 100 chapters now, except for maybe a handful of chapters scattered around (only ones I can remember are some of 260 and most of 337, maybe a couple more). And Togashi's been pushing the volume art in the weekly chapters ever since he took the big hiatus in 2006, if not earlier, considering the length of the hiatuses it would be ridiculous if he didn't.

I really don't like defending him because the scratches are silly but man, I don't know. Just saying.

_hekk05

Banned
After binging on raws for Hi Score Girl and Kingdom, I'm just so frigging bored.

Mmmm that new cover for Until Death Do Us Apart.. Haruka-chan kawaii

4!

(I'm not kidding)

Before, the number of chapters released (10,20,30) was more or less proportional to how long was the hiatus, but I'm not sure if it will apply this time. There is a chance he makes 40 chapters (4 volumes), yeah, but I'll take a more realistic but still somehow optimistic choice: 3 volumes.

I will kill him if he only does 1 and then goes to hiatus again!

upandaway

After binging on raws for Hi Score Girl and Kingdom, I'm just so frigging bored.
You could try reading Suashi no Meteorite (and add it to your raw binges)

Before, the number of chapters released (10,20,30) was more or less proportional to how long was the hiatus, but I'm not sure if it will apply this time. There is a chance he makes 40 chapters (4 volumes), yeah, but I'll take a more realistic but still somehow optimistic choice: 3 volumes.

I will kill him if he only does 1 and then goes to hiatus again!
If you wanna be precise, the number of chapters was consistently the number of months ever since he exited the previous hiatus. He exited the last hiatus on August '11, so on June it'll be 34~35 months, but considering he already had times before where the number of months was a bit less than the number of chapters (I checked now, 8~9 months->10 chapters and 17 months->20 chapters), I'm leaning towards 40.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Mmmm that new cover for Until Death Do Us Apart.. Haruka-chan kawaii

Recommending Ryuuroden.

It is more fantastical than KINGDOM but it's a great manga too, and it covers the period of the 3 kingdom as well. The art evolved greatly later on.

_hekk05

Banned
You could try reading Suashi no Meteorite (and add it to your raw binges)

Oh I'm familiar with Suashi no Meteorite. I thought it was cancelled or something

DanMachi LN Vol 4 side story

zkjwbk.jpg

MC is such a player

_hekk05

Banned
Oh, ah, um, how about.. Ikusaba Animation. Or Anagle Mole. Or Kaiji. Running out of ideas.

Didn't like kaiji. Read everything from anagle mole alr. Ikusaba animation reminds me of some manga i read a long time ago but forgot T.T

I think I'll go reread kekkaishi or something

Edit: I went all the way to Gan Kon 46

I think its over.

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
That's like my reaction when I read the Amnesia epilogue.
Yeah, I deliberately overlooked the epilogue when I was giving my thoughts on Tasogare. It felt like a retcon of the main ending, or at least it did going on my interpretation of how things played out. My gut feeling is that the author wanted it to end with
the MC... leaving the physical world to be with Yuuko, whether by death, being 'spirited away', or something to that effect
, and in my mind the epilogue is a side story of sorts that he either didn't initially intend to write or just threw in for those who
wanted a universally happy ending
. The epilogue's final line
("Let's go to heaven together")
further makes me feel that the main ending was his original intention.

That said, one of the reoccurring ideas in the series is that how you perceive something is heavily influenced by your thoughts / expectations towards it. I can perfectly understand if people took the epilogue at face value, and really if I wanted to argue it wasn't canon I suspect I'd be on the losing side.

Rootbeer

Banned
Question to mangaGAF... in light of the HxH resuming (and in english too, yay), I want to sub to Jump and not only experience it alongside all the other fans but hopefully discover some new manga as well.

I was reading through the TOS on viz and I can't find an answer to something though...

Let's say I sub for a year. Once that year passes, if I don't re-up... can I still access all of the issues over that last year while I was subbed? Or do I have to be an activate subscriber still?

Thanks guys

TWGOK

I remember enjoying this but I forgot where I left off maybe over a year ago it was when he was a child a few chapters into the ship girl falling and mystery

how far am I behind? would like to make a catch up run this week

I thought we would never see HxH again ever.

I never lost hope. Not because I "believe" in Togashi, but I just imagined that this time the hiatus was being longer because he had the HxH anime royalties money meanwhile. Once the anime is close to end, I knew the odds of the manga coming back at least would improve.

_hekk05

Banned
Yes yes, everyone's excited about hiatusxhiatus.

In the mean time...

Nekogurui Minako-san 0.18

Good lord there's a serious drug problem among cats

People who were complaining about the end of TWGOK, I have to tell ya the best girl won and the author picked the right choice and im satisfied. I knew from the beginning it would be her and really the author should be praised for that as most would leave it as a harem.

It's hard to actually get excited for the return of Hiatus X Hiatus since we all know it will go back into hiatus after 20-30 chapters. And it will probably stop in the middle of the storyline.

The Chimera Ant arc was painful to read and this one will not be different :(

bigkrev

For no reason at all, I actually have faith that HxH will be getting a longer than expected run before returning to hiatus. I'll predict about years worth of chapters (~50) before the next big hiatus

_hekk05

Banned
We should have a bet pool ready, the prize will be naming the next OT/choosing the series for the top 10 banner.

but what should we bet on?

Lol how about in the next chapter of bleach and naruto, how many panels are used in total? Closest guess wins

dramatis

We should have a bet pool ready, the prize will be naming the next OT/choosing the series for the top 10 banner.
Can't we just call it

Manga News/Discussion |OTT| The Hunter x Hiatus Betting Pool

This thread ain't going to last until June or even the duration of HxH's run because of all the late night smut spam.

Akito

Can't we just call it

Manga News/Discussion |OTT| The Hunter x Hiatus Betting Pool

This thread ain't going to last until June or even the duration of HxH's run because of all the late night smut spam.
Well with "next OT" I didn't actually mean the one after this but rather the one after whenever HxH becomes HiatusXHiatus again.

If you wanna be precise, the number of chapters was consistently the number of months ever since he exited the previous hiatus. He exited the last hiatus on August '11, so on June it'll be 34~35 months, but considering he already had times before where the number of months was a bit less than the number of chapters (I checked now, 8~9 months->10 chapters and 17 months->20 chapters), I'm leaning towards 40.

I hope you're right on this one. I'd love getting 40 new chapters of the series.

scy

I do wonder if there will be a time when HxH will just return and, y'know, be around normally. I mean, at some point he's gotta just finish it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom