• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Well, he's "preparing to start using" Okui's glaive. The one's he's got now is a different one. Here's what Ouki's looks like:

eygHde3.png

What's nuts tho is what I realized while lookin it up:

There he is with that exact glaive in chapter 1. SPOILER ALERT!??!

Since the shield isn't here, I wonder if that wasn't planned out as well as the glaive?

Well, he's "preparing to start using" Okui's glaive. The one's he's got now is a different one.

and in the same shot the author seemingly superimposed the blade section of Ou ki's on his showing the preparation.

As for the other pic not sure if its much of a spoiler since the name was shouted on full blast lol

I thought that dude in the two page spread was King Sho but the armour doesn't match.

how could you think that when they chanted the name of the person? :p

Lain

Soothing Hot Spring Resort Omokage by Kuroiwa Menou

Wouldn't it be awesome if this was a natural occurrence when life sucked and you needed to release all your anxiety?
I think I really appreciated the end, I almost feel there might be something a bit cathartic about it, all considered.
Yukiko is really a nice and fine lady. Her caring side makes her feel motherly, which really fits with the end.

Tacitus_

Wouldn't it be awesome if this was a natural occurrence when life sucked and you needed to release all your anxiety?
I think I really appreciated the end, I almost feel there might be something a bit cathartic about it, all considered.
Yukiko is really a nice and fine lady. Her caring side makes her feel motherly, which really fits with the end.

Uh-huh. Somehow I feel that this is about hot springs as much as the thai massage salons here are about massaging.

snoopfacepalm.png

upandaway

You guys are freaking out for no reason. It's just a normal post and a normal manga. I'm 100% sure of this without even checking.

I don't know how I feel about this Lain bullying when he's just posting innocent stuff for a change. Jumping to conclusions, geez.

_hekk05

Banned
You guys are freaking out for no reason. It's just a normal post and a normal manga. I'm 100% sure of this without even checking.

I don't know how I feel about this Lain bullying when he's just posting innocent stuff for a change. Jumping to conclusions, geez.

:panda pls. who do you think I am

Lain

Well, it is a pretty innocent oneshot. A guy with a lot of troubles gets helped by a lovely lady to release his anxiety and then his life starts getting better.
You can't get more innocent and wholesome than that.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

There's something about onsen that sooth people. Also, yes, i'm sure a lot of reader feel relieved after reading this

bigkrev

That's one of the series I'd been wanting to read most of all. Not that that's a big surprise from Neil Gaiman.

... And yeah, the continuity thing is why I'd generally prefer to watch movies/TV shows or read graphic novels than the comics monthly. I can't really blame them for that mindset, it's just too much to keep track of even with (especially with?) one group of characters in a drifting time space.

Heh, I was thinking more if there were any American/European equivalents who would or could actually pull that. Though I guess if it's not a series handled primarily by one writer it'd just go to another until the one who went on hiatus is freed up again. And I don't think many outside of the super hero staples run on a reliable schedule anyway, something like Scott Pilgrim was 6 graphic novels released "when they're done" afterall.

Add Punisher by Garth Ennis (especially the stuff under the MAX Imprint) to your reading list. I re-read all of it on a yearly basis.

Deadman Wonderland vol 1

Now that vol 2 has come in the mail, I guess I have to read this? When I first heard about this series a few years ago, it immediatly piqued my attention- Prisons are probably my favorite settings for stories (Oz is my favorite show of all time), and the premise seemed cool enough. The only problem is that the prison aspect goes away after the first chapter or 2- it's more of a demented carnival than a prison. Still, it's super violent and dumb, and i'll keep reading.

Edge of Tommorrow (trailer)

I saw a newer trailer for this last night when I saw The Raid 2. Movie still looks like it could be alright, but we still haven't seen what the enemies look like!

REC 42-45
Some interesting chapters though its a tad annoying that the MC gets cockblocked every time considering it started with the MC getting some. I also didn't realize this manga had a game too.

_hekk05

Banned
REC 42-45
Some interesting chapters though its a tad annoying that the MC gets cockblocked every time considering it started with the MC getting some. I also didn't realize this manga had a game too.

You should read Momoiro Sango by the same author then. Less cockblocking there

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou 1

You know this is really--

it's probably too--

it's kinda--

fuck it I don't even know what to say anymore.

chapter 2 here I go...

Akito

What happens if Mangaka dies - Top 10 banner gets replaced with Nisekoi, and the smut one with Aunt Tits?
Free beer and hook...
Ok seriously, if the series would end this time for whatever reason, what matters is the amount of chapters we'll get until then. Just treat the time after its end as an everlasting hiatus.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
whoa only 8 and a half pages 'til the new topic. We got any good OT titles yet?

also you guys work quick, etc. etc.

Himouto! Umaru-chan 45
omfg Kirie is adorable

Preparing for the worst, I see? I should probably adopt this mindset more often.

But I won't.

I actually shouldn't get invested in the first place, but alas.

Now reading: Stealth Symphony

Pickpockets are the real threat

Use your superior moonrune skills to see when it gets cancelled. :[

#childhoodfriendzoned
He really is a nice guy though

Already building the salt for when this happens.

What's been licensed in regards to No Game No Life, the LN?

I don't think anyone licensed the LN. The manga has been licensed by SevenSeas though I believe.

Free beer and hook...
Ok seriously, if the series would end this time for whatever reason, what matters is the amount of chapters we'll get until then. Just treat the time after its end as an everlasting hiatus.

HiatusxHiatus forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom