• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Akagami no Shirayukihime 51
It's nice that Zen and Izana have a good relationship, so there's no in-fighting and machinations for the throne. It's really refreshing

bigkrev

Looks like they are reprinting Monster into bigger editions. First one comes out in July according to Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/142156906X/?tag=neogaf0e-20 Really like the cover art.

Those bigger editions are awesome. Much nicer paper quality, good binding, and a low price. And unlike the cheap One Piece like 3-in-1s that are impossible to actually hold in human hands, these feel great. I've been reading the Evangelion ones recently.

upandaway

We just need a new VN title to steal for our title.
You mean LN, VN titles are usually just boring and/or incomprehensible

The current best LN title stands at:

男子高校生で売れっ子ライトノベル作家をしているけれど、年下のクラスメイトで声優の女の子に首を絞められている。

I'm a successful light novel author at a boy's high school, but I'm being strangled by a female classmate who's a voice actress and is younger than me

scy

No I mean VN since the current title and--

I'm a successful light novel author at a boy's high school, but I'm being strangled by a female classmate who's a voice actress and is younger than me

--I'm sorry for doubting you at all.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kingdom 372 - 374 - Mmm ... new looks for everyone. Mmm. Yes. Guess not much happened for two years if Shin only got the one promotion.

That one would have been awkward if played as a joke like the rest were. I think.

Well, I think there's more story coming from that eventually.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

From the author of Kino's journey, come the longest LN title, yet

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Shishunki no Iron Maiden 32
Yeah, not feeling covering for the rapist, but I guess if it'll keep her condition secret.

... oh wait, scientist lady is there, new arc time.

I would say use that but I'm sure that breaks the limit for characters in a thread title.

_hekk05

Banned

Manga |OT12| I'm a NEET lurking Gaf, but I'm being strangled by a female neighbour who's a voice actress and is younger than me pls send help

onnncb.jpg

scy

Himouto! Umaru-chan 45 - Wow, it was almost an entire chapter of regular imouto and friends.

Well, I think there's more story coming from that eventually.

Yeah, I guess it is a bit early to be ruling out the possibility of it being played for laughs there too. Well, we'll see.

Manga |OT12| I'm a NEET lurking Gaf, but I'm being strangled by a female neighbour wh

Shatters the character length of a thread title

Nah, you're just getting strangled in the middle of the ti

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Banana no Nana thought process:

On the world that consists of a single giant continent called Dokkanon, most people have some kind of special ability. Those who have a high-ranking ability, such as the ability to control water, are respected and granted much power. Those with low-ranking abilities, such as Nana, who controls bananas, and her best friend Ringo, who has super-powerful legs, have very little power in society.

huh that seems like an interesting premise!

*looks at tags*

Action Adventure Comedy ... Smut Yuri

uh, I'm not that into smut, lemme look at the comments---

...The manga will also be forever known for "Yuri sex on the moon! (with a banana)"...

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
So I read a chapter.

I ... think I read a chapter. I think that happened.

Can someone explain to me what I just read?
I've only seen a page (the one where said yuri sex on the moon (with a banana) occurs), so you've already gotten farther than I have

scy

I've only seen a page (the one where said yuri sex on the moon (with a banana) occurs), so you've already gotten farther than I have

I don't know why I'm reading this somebody please stop me please save me send help

Edit: So the powers are like stupid versions of Darker than Black? And was crossed with One Piece? And makes me question my sanity?

scy

I've seen things.

I'm going to read something else.

Koe no Kitachi, up to 34 - So I was like four chapters behind so: The father and his family disgusts me. I just want stuff with the two leads but I guess that'll come eventually. Need to let him overcome his past so he can move on.

Hopefully, anyway.

Kieli

If I were Shouya (or whatever his name is), I would immediately cut off all contact with deaf-girl.

Nothing rocks my knickers fiercer than having a girl simp for the MC. Muahahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom