• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, I guess it is a bit early to be ruling out the possibility of it being played for laughs there too. Well, we'll see.

Well, it is a little, but I don't think Yamada is particularly aware that he's a babe magnet. He's a bit of a weird harem lead though, since a lot of people seem to actively dislike him also.

scy

If I were Shouya (or whatever his name is), I would immediately cut off all contact with deaf-girl.

Nothing rocks my knickers fiercer than having a girl simp for the MC. Muahahahaha.

Wow.

Well, it is a little, but I don't think Yamada is particularly aware that he's a babe magnet. He's a bit of a weird harem lead though, since a lot of people seem to actively dislike him also.

That and most of the "harem" is really there as a joke more than an actual "harem."

upandaway

I'm obsessed with seeing how the final wall of shame will be, because it was such a rollercoaster the whole way! oh man oh man! haha

Also right now the numbers are really neat looking for some reason

WsWFT27.png

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo 767-791

So, Malcolm Gedo, a pickpocket Dhalsim with boxing gloves.

As lame as his first trick was, hovering his hand right before Ippo's face and using that to footwork his way to the side, the solution to that was nice and simple, and it was nice to figure out before the manga gave me the answer. I'm however a bit annoyed that the solution was something that Ippo always does anyway but forgot this one time: watching his opponent's feet.

Obviously I don't have personal boxing experience, but I refuse to believe Ippo would be succesfully held back by the "extending arm" trick, which was just a loose boxing glove where the hand didn't even form a proper fist. I get that a few hits with that might make Ippo's eyes swell, but for it to go through his guard, cause proper damage and keep Ippo at bay? With him, I just can't buy that. I can barely imagine it as a half-assed flicker jab in terms of combination speed, accuracy and power.

Then there was also Ippo forgetting to try his slow approach for much of the fight. Gedo is a bit more reserved in his footwork, but I bet Ippo could have trapped him in the corner at least once in one of the earlier rounds by pretending to rush in for a liver blow.

The hypest moment was when suddenly Ippo pulled out a heartbreak shot, but then they said it wasn't a corkscrew so it was a bit half-assed, even if Ippo's strength might compensate a bit. Bummer.

Gedo's explanation for starting to throw fights for money was pretty interesting though in the end. He's good at boxing, but he hit a wall so huge that he can't ever progress to world level. So might as well make dough doing what he's good at, being the avaricious guy he is

scy

Hajime no Ippo 767-791

So, Malcolm Gedo, a pickpocket Dhalsim with boxing gloves.

The circus continues :(

But, yeah, the fight with Gedo was hard to accept since it was basically two things: Ippo stopped watching his opponent and he was getting beaten back by an unclenched fist, basically. Just kind of continues the stupidity of these matches by having such a silly gimmick to the fight.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Manga News/Discussion |OTXII| Trust us, its safe for bus.

Nordicus

The circus continues :(

But, yeah, the fight with Gedo was hard to accept since it was basically two things: Ippo stopped watching his opponent and he was getting beaten back by an unclenched fist, basically. Just kind of continues the stupidity of these matches by having such a silly gimmick to the fight.
And I'm just binging these chapters at one match per day or faster rate, so I don't really have to waste much time with them. Can't imagine reading these last few matches at chapter-per-week rate. I honestly wonder if I would have dropped this series and waited for "Oh, HnI has become good again" comments that eventually came.

scy

So i went against all logic and read Boku Girl

Oh, it's not that bad. Or maybe I'm in to deep already.

And I'm just binging these chapters at one match per day or faster rate, so I don't really have to waste much time with them. Can't imagine reading these last few matches at chapter-per-week rate. I honestly wonder if I would have dropped this series and waited for "Oh, HnI has become good again" comments that eventually came.

Yeah ... that's basically what I did.

scy

C'mon scy, you know the answer.

Have I forgotten what normal is like? Oh man, what have I become.

Hah, I was thinking that too until I realized the last couple chapters have been pretty tame compared to some of the more...uh interesting ones.

That's true. Last two chapters have been fairly normal. Which I guess means that we're about to go super hard on some lewd happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom