• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yume Nikki 01-09

q1weWB2.jpg

There were definitely some really nice scenes in this.

And then the plot is basically making my brain melt.

scy

Akame ga Kill 46 - Wild Hunt being Wild Hunt, I guess.

Wave manning up and defecting! Yeah ... right.

RIP Wave. Nice try at channeling your inner Main Character but eh.

scy

So, what, like 10 different years?

Tsuki Akari no Shoutaijou - Just a short one-shot. Kind of "hey, suddenly in love with you" happened. Eh, regardless, short and sweet. Just needed to wipe the taste of rape and murder out of my mouth...

...okay, wait, that's a weird sentence.

So, what, like 10 different years?

Tsuki Akari no Shoutaijou - Just a short one-shot. Kind of "hey, suddenly in love with you" happened. Eh, regardless, short and sweet. Just needed to wipe the taste of rape and murder out of my mouth...

...okay, wait, that's a weird sentence.

Maybe the series is actually just goes over all the time SF II got released in the form of their love.

Jake-has-a-cold-dead-stare-reaction-gif-on-Adventure-Time.gif

Akame ga Kiru! 46

Three heads, three pikes.

That's all I'm gonna ask.

Not even a chapter has passed and already Leone is trying to NTR Mein.

Esdese didn't even show up and we got more proof of how sweet she is.

And Wave protecting his waifu like a goddamn champ.

She may die, but its the thought that counts.

Akiba's Trip 00

There are vampires in Akiba. The only way to defeat them is to strip them. Let the stripping begin!

This will greatly please me since I never got the chance to play the PSP game. Hopefully the Vita sequel will get localized soon. Or I could just import it.

upandaway

Akame ga Kill 46

Not that it's particularly worse than anything previously (hell, the first chapter), but I think I'm good. Ya'll have fun~

Soma

Akame ga KILL

There's been worse, but this manga really upsets me sometimes. :(

Your avatar upsets me because of the direction Natsu no Zenjitsu has been heading. :(

I left off at chapter 20 and haven't wanted to look back ever since.

kasane

People at school talk about kyojin like its some kind of saviour to manga and anime

That said i myself is not that much of a fan

Cerity

Dolls Code 1
No female characters (yet), so it can't be smut!

First chapter made it interesting, seems a perfect fit to be an anime. 7 kids, all criminals in one way or another, 6 of them have had a bodypart removed, 1 of them is an amalgamation of the other 6's parts. They're all placed in a closed off school and they're not allowed to graduate until they discover who the puppet is and take their part back from him. The other requirement is to score the highest on the "exams".

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sometimes I'm confused whether people actually like or dislike the way akame ga kill... er... kills off its characters.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It really feels like the authors of Akame ga Kill are trying too hard to... I don't know, be edgy?

Well, I doubt Wave is gonna get killed but, eh, we'll see. Maybe Esdese will come in and save the day.

Akame ga Kill!

lol. so hardcore.

I guess the author was all like "shit how am I gonna finally have wave become a good guy." So his obvious solution was having the PMs son potentially raping his waifu. Wave's barely done anything so hopefully he doesn't die this early. And I guess that his waifu is like powerless or something because her corpses are all gone? Let's see if the author has any explanation for that besides plot convenience.

At least the setup is kind of interesting. An Esdese vs. Wild Hunt showdown is totally being developed, there's apparently some other super powerful tengu that I'm sure the PM will pull out of his ass for the final battle, and Budou is going to wreck shit (before probably being one-shotted by the secret tengu to show how powerful it is). Also that that white-haired archer dude is totally scheming hardcore.

Seriously though I hope Esdese just like one-shots all of Wild Hunt for maximum comedy. It's the only way.

I'm curious as to how much further its going to go. I mean you can't really get much worse than these last two chapters. I guess he'll do something horrific to some main cast member that we're supposed to be attached to (rip mein).

Antiwhippy

I do. It's basically Death Flags, the manga.

I know that some people do like it, it's just the few post that goes "Oh really, is that how you're going to kill them. :(((((" that confuses it for me.

It's not like kimi no iru machi where it's clear that people who are reading it hate themselves for reading it. :p

Akame ga Kill 46

I imagine Wild Hunt is pretty much what the Spider from Hunter x Hunter would be if it was in a seinen manga (ignoring the fact AgK is shounen).

Tsuki Akari no Shoutaijou

91fkOev.png

A recent shut-in of some sorts get visited by her handsome new neighbor. And of course this being a shoujo means she'll change into a better person from this encounter and find love.

There's just a little part of creepiness over this whole breaking and entering thing but ah, who cares. It's shoujo adorable.

Akame ga Kill!

Seriously though I hope Esdese just like one-shots all of Wild Hunt for maximum comedy. It's the only way.

I'm getting out of the series because they're going too far for the title of King of the Edge but I won't lie, I'd go back in to read a chapter or two if this actually happened.

Antiwhippy

Wait, why did crunchyroll start on soredemo machi with 108 and 109?

*Google*

Wait what? It's still ongoing? I thought it ended at vol 11!

OMG this is the best news I've read all week. T_T

upandaway

Wait, why did crunchyroll start on soredemo machi with 108 and 109?

*Google*

Wait what? It's still ongoing? I thought it ended at vol 11!

OMG this is the best news I've read all week. T_T
That's... a bit late to notice. But yeah I'm pretty excited.

There's still a big gap in the translation though as far as I can tell

Antiwhippy

I seriously thought that it ended serialisation a long time ago already. Could have sworn that the status on bakaupdates used to be "11 volumes (Complete)"

On a separate note though crunchyroll should get more shoujo and josei series.

Akame ga Kill 46

I imagine Wild Hunt is pretty much what the Spider from Hunter x Hunter would be if it was in a seinen manga (ignoring the fact AgK is shounen).

You can say a lot of things about Togashi, but he is nowhere near manipulative, cheap, and crass enough to write anything like that shit, no matter what the target demographic is.

Solune

People used to feel the same about me. I don't know why, but I can't not sleep anymore. I think I have to be in school for that to happen, though. Well, one more month until the new school year.
You and I are no so different then!
Akiba's Trip 00

There are vampires in Akiba. The only way to defeat them is to strip them. Let the stripping begin!

This will greatly please me since I never got the chance to play the PSP game. Hopefully the Vita sequel will get localized soon. Or I could just import it.

Ohhhhh yesss.

----------------------

Hi Score Girl 8

Damn that ending.

Esdeath (; ̄ェ ̄)

The Aeris of Akame ga Kill

Edit: Damnit Bors can't even RIP =(

wonzo

Banned
Again!! 42-53

That cheer turned out radically different from what I was expecting. lol

reo ;_;

Golondrina 17

bow.gif
EST EM
bow2.gif

Hi Score Girl 8

Dawwwwwwwwwwww.

If only he knew. :(

Tetsuwan Girl 78-79

I was kinda expecting Tome to lose but I certainly wasn't expecting Duncan to retire if he won. That look of sadness on his face really said it all.

Breaker New Waves 130

Shion is obviously going to against his 'teacher' but this is so dragged out. The 9 arts dragon was a bit of a spanner in the first place. The head of the Murium was always a much better bloke. The sooner he realises his master was a bit of idiot even before the transformation, the sooner he can divest himself of his false insipiration. I really don't think this series did a good job of making the 9 arts dragon into anything other than a shirking weasel in the first series. Get on with it!

Cerity

Dolls Code 2-5
Jesus the twins are dicks. Hopefully we see something about the MC soonish.

Spirit Circle 21
Lordy them feels. I have no idea what it would be like to experience what these are going through. I mean revisiting past lives and then finding out the people you left behind ended up okay enough to leave descendants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom