• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Kyuusen no Shima 11-End

So much PLOT that the it didn't actually finish. You don't even know if the yandere cousin or the Nuneaki family won in the end.

I wonder why I manage to pick up all the smutty series, it's not like I actively go looking for them.
So the story never really concluded that well? Cause I read this yesterday, but I didn't really read any of the words written in the manga and I could tell something was missing about the ending.

Fairy Tail 373

Zeref with those mind games, a bit disappointed at how easily the whole FY cast escaped but the fights being set up should be really enjoyable

Monster Musume book 1

Ok I think I like this series a lot, read the entire book in one sitting last night. Need to find others like this series in print.

diaspora

Dolls Code 2-5
Jesus the twins are dicks. Hopefully we see something about the MC soonish.

Spirit Circle 21
Lordy them feels. I have no idea what it would be like to experience what these are going through. I mean revisiting past lives and then finding out the people you left behind ended up okay enough to leave descendants?

Reincarnated I think.

Akito

Nisekoi
Dumb.

Akame ga Kill
Nice punch indeed, maybe Wave can finally step out of his role as a faux MC with a decent fight for once.

Akito

Shiraishi still best waifu

51nnOT1dOKL._SL500_.jpg

Everyone seem to cater to Solune lately
lol

scy

Shiraishi still best waifu

Everyone seem to cater to Solune lately
lol

Absolutely no problems with that, really.

Akame ga Kill!

And I guess that his waifu is like powerless or something because her corpses are all gone? Let's see if the author has any explanation for that besides plot convenience.

Pretty sure Kurome's just been out of it since Chelsea's assassination attempt.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Spirit Circle 21
Nice it's-not-a-date date. It's cool that his friends turned out to be his past sister's and friend's descendants, although now it's kind of squicky to ship them together like they're meant to be. But I guess second-cousins getting together isn't a problem in Japan. I think Houtarou was my favorite life so far.

I wonder why he can't see Rei anymore. She's always been a weird addition because she hasn't been present in every life like most of the others have.

exarkun

Fairy Tale

dunno why I read it, but I still do. Is Natsu going to end up being END? That would be interesting only if igneel is like "either you go or I go" and then Natsu kills himself. But then the tropes start and suddenly hes alive because of his sacrifice.

I should write this shit.

Kurita

Bakuman vol.17

Thought the new Nanamine arc was better than the first one. Of course it's a bit over-the-top but I enjoyed it. The duo's new manga looks good, the two characters have great designs. Only three volumes remaining... It might not be as good as the first chapters but I'll still miss it.

Furyous

Akame ga Kill
Fuck, the author is too damn sadistic to even have Boor's family get killed.

On top of his grave at that.

Wild Hunt might be the most ruthless team in the series. Between pedo bear, the king's son, the creepy dude that likes sadistic degrading rape, there's enough there to warrant a public execution.

We need more Edese and less pedo bear.

scy

The tragedy of it all is knowing that there's no way that a full blown fight involving Night Raid won't end up with someone dead.

Which is why I thank Wave for his sacrifice that indirectly saves the harem.

kasane

The tragedy of it all is knowing that there's no way that a full blown fight involving Night Raid won't end up with someone dead.

Which is why I thank Wave for his sacrifice that indirectly saves the harem.

tatsumi is gonna die and esdese will annihilate everything

i shit you not

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Kuroko no Basket 251
Boring. I'm glad I'm not invested in this series at all. I only read the chapters with the Generation of Miracles backstory and nothing else, 'cos that was the only plot point I was interested in. I think I'll skip reading this until they beat Akashi somehow.

Kuro 47
Nice that she has a friend. I hope the translator will hold off and just batch update it, one page chapters are too teasing.

Hopefully this is all some hamfisted way of having the jaegers join the good guys.

"Wow, Esdese sure is loyal to her soldiers!" (Cue government-sponsored horrible things happening to her soldiers).

scy

Hopefully this is all some hamfisted way of having the jaegers join the good guys.

"Wow, Esdese sure is loyal to her soldiers!" (Cue government-sponsored horrible things happening to her soldiers).

The problem is I can't see it being a way for them to join the "good guys" without it just not making much sense at all character wise :(

mein can die for Esdese to win

but best girls never win

or do they?

That reminds me, has Akame even done anything in awhile?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 109
Hah, poor senpai (forget her name, it's been so long). It's weird how the supernatural elements fit into this series.

scy

Kenichi 559 - I know awhile back I said more Master fights would be awesome and all that but uh ... when's the last time Kenichi did anything?

Well, anyway, some more Masters fighting, Kenichi and co. made it to the island, suspicious guy leading them is still suspicious.

I'm guessing when the author made the title he actually planned to have Akame do stuff.

But whoa man, Wave and her sister are like totally going to parallel Tatsumi and Akame's relationship
after everyone else dies.

scy

I'm guessing when the author made the title he actually planned to have Akame do stuff.

Then he forgot to write her a personality and so we have Zero where she acts like an actual person (in between murdering loved ones).

But whoa man, Wave and her sister are like totally going to parallel Tatsumi and Akame's relationship
after everyone else dies.

I just can't see Wave and Kurome surviving. Like, Wave is probably going to die protecting Kurome and Kurome will die just due to how "frail" she kind of is with all the doping she's undergone.

I haven't read Akame ga Kill yet, but how many characters are there even in the series?

Cause with death flags being the norm and it sounds like someone dies every chapter or something, the cast must be larger than AKB49.

Grr Amazon...really?

They sent two mangas to me today in a bubble envelope and of course both have scratches and bends. Tempted to cancel some preorders now with them, considering they will probably just send it in the same crappy packaging.

At least they are replacing these but I don't want this to be a regular occurrence.

Well Akame said that she's going to be the one to kill her sister, so I don't think the laws of shonen will allow her to die before then. There's also totally got to be a big Wave/Tatsumi fight because they're so similar and that would be all cool and stuff.

scy

If we're going to add more random girls to Yamada-kun, can we just bring back Archer girl ;__;

I haven't read Akame ga Kill yet, but how many characters are there even in the series?

Cause with death flags being the norm and it sounds like someone dies every chapter or something, the cast must be larger than AKB49.

Unless Wild Hunt ends up being mainstays, the main reoccurring cast of Akame is pretty small. Really, Night Raid has been at most 10 total people and the Jaegers were, what, 6?

Most the people getting offed on a regular basis are fodder / created for that chapter / leftover family of previous deceased. Not that many main cast members were killed, really, compared to the amount of total murder going on.

Grr Amazon...really?

They sent two mangas to me today in a bubble envelope and of course both have scratches and bends. Tempted to cancel some preorders now with them, considering they will probably just send it in the same crappy packaging.

At least they are replacing these but I don't want this to be a regular occurrence.

Never really had that problem with Amazon. I mean I had collector edition's get beat up but never manga. Maybe my stuff just gets handled better by whatever shipping company.

She gave her ok for him to go smooch other girls. Perfect waifu material.

Too perfect. I should really catch up one of these days.

Unless Wild Hunt ends up being mainstays, the main reoccurring cast of Akame is pretty small. Really, Night Raid has been at most 10 total people and the Jaegers were, what, 6?

Most the people getting offed on a regular basis are fodder / created for that chapter / leftover family of previous deceased. Not that many main cast members were killed, really, compared to the amount of total murder going on.

Oh, that makes sense. I guess I was just expecting main cast members dying left and right. I guess at least there won't be that much despair when I start reading it.

Sai

Your avatar upsets me because of the direction Natsu no Zenjitsu has been heading. :(
Natsu no Zenjitsu is equally frustrating to read, for different reasons. But, I can't stay away from it because of Akira.

I should just drop it and fabricate my own good ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom