• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
xu5vZBX.jpg

Renai Boukun 5-6

Blessed Akane.

I seriously want to hang this over my bed.

Class rep totally wears the pants in that relationship.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It's cute.

That's all.
But it's not even cute most of the time. They barely even speak to each other and everyone treats her as if she's a baby that needs to be protected. And nothing ever happens. It's dumb.

Men S Kou, Kono Oto Tomare is the best out of all the shoujo mangas I picked up.

Stopping Dengeki Daisy because it moves too bloody slow.

Also, need more Last Game.
Kono Oto Tomare is shonen surprisingly, although the author wrote a bunch of mediocre shojo oneshots before it. I'm impressed with how she's improved in both art and characterization, even though I was initially disappointed that her previous stuff wasn't anything special.

Can't get enough of the last game when the focus is actually on the main couple for once, and not the ineffectual rivals (although Soma is pretty cool since he doesn't want to pursue his feelings at all, that's pretty different). Dengeki Daisy always looked mediocre to me, only read part of chapter 1 I think.

I've seen you recommend Men S Kou before I think. What's it about?

Yume Nikki 9
Is this based on the weird rpg maker game? Or is it a spin off of that yandere series

High Score Girl 8
Aw, they had an amusement park date. It's the start of love I tell you! Especially 'cos he's obviously going to storm her castle and take her back from the clutches of her evil teacher or whoever made her stop going to school

scy

Renai Boukun 5-6

Blessed Akane.

I seriously want to hang this over my bed.

Class rep totally wears the pants in that relationship.

This totally got my hopes up that there was a new chapter :(

But it's not even cute most of the time. They barely even speak to each other and everyone treats her as if she's a baby that needs to be protected. And nothing ever happens. It's dumb.

I dunno, I just find the art kind of fluffy and cute. The pacing so far is pretty dumb but, at the same time, first date and all done despite the whole INABILITY TO FUCKING TALK.

...okay, so maybe I take some issue with it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, I just find the art kind of fluffy and cute. The pacing so far is pretty dumb but, at the same time, first date and all done despite the whole INABILITY TO FUCKING TALK.

...okay, so maybe I take some issue with it.
Yeah the art is pretty much the only thing it has going for it. It's like how the hell do you even know she's enjoying herself or what she's thinking. And like what do you even do together, just sit in silence drinking coffee? That sounds like the end of a relationship more than the beginning of one. Shit is just awkward.

Cerity

Kyuusen no Shima 11-End

So much PLOT that the it didn't actually finish. You don't even know if the yandere cousin or the Nuneaki family won in the end.

I wonder why I manage to pick up all the smutty series, it's not like I actively go looking for them.

scy

Yeah the art is pretty much the only thing it has going for it. It's like how the hell do you even know she's enjoying herself or what she's thinking. And like what do you even do together, just sit in silence drinking coffee? That sounds like the end of a relationship more than the beginning of one. Shit is just awkward.

Yeah, the couple is pretty awkward. I think I'm just really hoping for them to make some real developments and become, y'know, actual people.

So maybe in 80 or so more chapters.

Kyuusen no Shima 11-End

So much PLOT that the it didn't actually finish. You don't even know if the yandere cousin or the Nuneaki family won in the end.

I wonder why I manage to pick up all the smutty series, it's not like I actively go looking for them.

You have the Smut Sense?

Aizo

Banned
So, I was reading through the pages that had been posted while I slept, and I was thinking, "Hmm, these aren't too weird this time." Then, the cannibalism and Nisekoi came in.
Every time.
No I don't actually! I receive alot of comments about how I can't sustain my lifestyle from people irl.

People used to feel the same about me. I don't know why, but I can't not sleep anymore. I think I have to be in school for that to happen, though. Well, one more month until the new school year.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still think its funny those two captain guys jobbed to Mask just to give the Worf Effect to Renji. Not to mention Rukia uses her bankai once and kills a dude, but both of them at the same time still got owned.

Seven Deadly Sins v2 (up to ch 14)
BhhlhZACYAAZOrT.png

Finally Meliodas gets a good character to potentially join up if they ever meet. The fight with Gilthunder was this volumes highlight but it was just way too short. I want them to run into each other again and again, when they were bickering even, just funny.

Ban is great and so powerful, need explanation for how he can endure getting all those stakes and such through him and feel no pain.

Tripon

Seven Deadly Sins v2 (up to ch 14)
BhhlhZACYAAZOrT.png

Finally Meliodas gets a good character to potentially join up if they ever meet. The fight with Gilthunder was this volumes highlight but it was just way too short. I want them to run into each other again and again, when they were bickering even, just funny.

Ban is great and so powerful, need explanation for how he can endure getting all those stakes and such through him and feel no pain.

There's a special 60+ pages side story that explains it.

Akito

Boku no Kotori-san (oneshot)
Nagomi Mameshiba (18), for the first time in his life, he invites a girl to his house with “oden” as bait.
Just what is he planning? Can he convey his feeling with an oden dinner!?
That was nice, the girl is a tsundere well done and although the MC is a wuss, he does have the balls to say what he's thinking when it matters. Even the cat was great.

manga of forever

----------------------------------------

Hi Score Girl 08

A cute unintended date and a twist we probably all saw coming.

kasane

what if the pendant contains butchering techniques so you get the best out of human flesh

we should make CannibalismGAF

Kuro 02

And she has an adorable friend.

These short chapters are alright, but there's definitely a lot of this world I want to find out. And also more about the cat.

scy

Hibi Chouchou whatever I left off on earlier to 22 - stuff sort of happened, talking may or may not have occurred. But at least with 22 they're now at least ... sort of talking with each other. And, hey, walking her home! That's kind of like a development worth 22 chapters in!

But that's why I'm reading this so it's k.

scy

I dunno, does Bleach have a lot of .......................................'s too? I'm drawing a blank here on that.

scy

On the bright side, a confession! It only took 20 chapters for it to start trying to make developments and then it went pretty fast through them.

...oh god, it's going to find a way to arbitrarily drag this out after that isn't it.

On the bright side, a confession! It only took 20 chapters for it to start trying to make developments and then it went pretty fast through them.

...oh god, it's going to find a way to arbitrarily drag this out after that isn't it.

get ready for MISUNDERSTANDINGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom