• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

Shiraishi still best waifu

51nnOT1dOKL._SL500_.jpg

Everyone seem to cater to Solune lately
lol
Gotta strike while the timing is right, what with the whole snow dump in Japan that started that meme!

Soon the thread will be smothered in scarves, just have to start with the banner.
Yeah.

Though she's not really plot relevant anymore.

Oh wow need to catch up to Yamada too.

scy

Personally, Yamada-kun found a decent way to keep going after a major resolution and not seem ... well, silly.

As long as I don't dive into the fandom, I should be fine.

I feel like we need to save this response just in case for future reactions.

Gotta strike while the timing is right, what with the whole snow dump in Japan that started that meme!

Soon the thread will be smothered in scarves, just have to start with the banner.

Oh wow need to catch up to Yamada too.

Leading the charge to create ScarfGAF.

I feel like we need to save this response just in case for future reactions.

:[

The Danganronpa fandom broke me enough.

upandaway

Never really had that problem with Amazon. I mean I had collector edition's get beat up but never manga. Maybe my stuff just gets handled better by whatever shipping company.
Haven't had a problem either, and considering the distance my shipments go (i mean, y'know), it doesn't seem right to get consistently wrinkled stuff.

Akito

Personally, Yamada-kun found a decent way to keep going after a major resolution and not seem ... well, silly.
Yeah, I even thought that the series should have ended after the confession but I'm kinda glad that it's still going on, Yamada and Shiraishi are a really cute couple.

scy

Musunde Hiraite 1 - Cute. Potentially creepy if you think about the guy constantly confessing and all but ... cute. I like these self-contained stories and the whole new focus after the chapter is nice.

Musunde Hiraite 2 - Similarly super cute but now I get to feel bad for the childhood friend. But looks like she's got the next story so maybe she'll find her own happy ending (and/or NTR route unlocked).

The Danganronpa fandom broke me enough.

...my imagination hurts thinking about this too hard.

kasane

I don't know what is this but seeing the cover makes me want to give it a read.

Also started to read Comic Studio. The art is not that great, but the first chapter was kind of fun. Will keep reading

its kinda fun

see I don't know if I should be picturing the happy kind of torture or the sad kind of torture.

Musunde Hiraite 3 -

What if dakku is an M?

upandaway

Hmm.. so apparently smoked salt is actually not that uncommon? First time I hear about this but that's what I'm told.

Now I just feel silly

see I don't know if I should be picturing the happy kind of torture or the sad kind of torture.

Musunde Hiraite 3 -

I don't even want to know D:

What if dakku is an M?

I-I-I refuse to answer!

Hmm.. so apparently smoked salt is actually not that uncommon? First time I hear about this but that's what I'm told.

Now I just feel silly

First I heard of it. But then again, I don't really use salt all that often anyway.

scy

Musunde Hiraite 4 - Seems to be the last single-chapter arc? Anyway, more unrequited love but it's a typical teacher x student one. Here's hoping the two unrequited love characters pair off now because I want happy endings goddamnit.

What if dakku is an M?

naisu~

The Aeris of Akame ga Kill

Sorta, but not quite.

Not only did SE outright state Aeris was a goof up pretty early on, Aerith is an actual name (yeah, it is).

On the flip side, officially "translated" stuff in Akame showed Esdese's name and it seems to fit the word play of her name better.

Aerith was a mistranslation, Esdeath seems to be a straight up retcon.

kasane

I was going to stop the chapter-by-chapter posts but then this happened:

The coincidence in this is too strong.

Wait, it's not just a FFV reference?!
Yeah, I refuse not using Esdese. Straight up refuse.

the stars are aligning

I just found some news about a Life-Action Berserk Movie... i hope its just a rumour and will never be made. Especially after this awful CGI-fest trilogy.

kasane

Nah, this is precisely the time for an underdog Main Character-esque person to show the extent of their training!

That's the kind of feel we're going for here.

after he fails once

he goes shonen soul searching

find something that motivates him

epic cum back

Solune

Sorta, but not quite.

Not only did SE outright state Aeris was a goof up pretty early on, Aerith is an actual name (yeah, it is).

On the flip side, officially "translated" stuff in Akame showed Esdese's name and it seems to fit the word play of her name better.

Aerith was a mistranslation, Esdeath seems to be a straight up retcon.
I was more making a slight joke that AgK is published in SE's magazine but good to know, I'll make sure not to flinch when I finally hear the name Aerith irl.
I was going to stop the chapter-by-chapter posts but then this happened:

The coincidence in this is too strong.
Hurts so good.
Wait, it's not just a FFV reference?!
Yeah, I refuse not using Esdese. Straight up refuse.

Too perfect, Akame deals deathblow to Esdeath she turns into a ice splinter and buries herself into Akame then when they go to celebrate, BAM.

scy

Oh right, manga discussion:

Musunde Hiraite 5-6 -

I'm always fond for a tsundere lead and I'm personally still a little kid inside so the random acts of violence are still fine by me. Best pairing so far. And looks like we're back to the first pair so good <3

after he fails once

he goes shonen soul searching

Exactly!

Too perfect, Akame deals deathblow to Esdeath she turns into a ice splinter and buries herself into Akame then when they go to celebrate, BAM.

Hahahahahaha oh god.

kasane

We should name this thread

Manga dudes discussing cannibalism, sometimes manga too

The breaker - 150

COME ONE MOVE ON! Best girl finally show up yet all we get is pointless banter

give me some action come on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom