• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Cera couldn't pull off a good Scott cause all what he did was just play himself. Like in every movie he is in. The asshole even ruined Juno and that movie had Ellen Page.

Aoi Kizu to Doku no Ringo to 1

Kind of mixed, I guess I liked the concept of the photography journeying to some island I guess, and one of the people falling in love with him, but didnt like their accessories and mixed on the character designs. Witch Wolf portion made it become a really suspenseful and emotional story though. I hope the other stories are back to the western world.

Cera couldn't pull off a good Scott cause all what he did was just play himself. Like in every movie he is in. The asshole even ruined Juno and that movie had Ellen Page.

Yeah, but that's the kind of humor and acting some people like. Just like when Aubrey Plaza plays herself in Parks and Recs, which is awesome.

Scott Pilgrim has the best fighting scene ever.
I mean, they fight with music, what's not to love.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URGTdsCD1D0

Blew my mind back then. The battle against the twins in the comic has nothing in common with it. Thank you based Wright.

I want a manga/movie/anime/whatever using the same idea.

The fight against the twins was the weakest in the comics, imo. Wright did a great job with the movie version.

e: Also, seeing Jason Schwartzman in that role again is pretty funny, considering he was in Parks and Recs few episodes ago.

Deadman Wonderland Caught up

This series is going to end within the next 5-10 chapters easily. Great series really glad I picked it up. Highly recommend if you're even remotely interested to check it out it's a fun ride.

Kurita

e: Also, seeing Jason Schwartzman in that role again is pretty funny, considering he was in Parks and Recs few episodes ago.

Perd had one of the best lines in this episode :
It's a heartwarming story, but it's just not believable! Which is why I give ET one and a half stars.

Laughed so hard.

Also, Scott Pilgrim (live action) girls ranking :
Ramona
Envy
Knives
Kim

Perd had one of the best lines in this episode :

Laughed so hard.

God, just reading that line makes me laugh so hard again. The delivery was great, too.

Also, Scott Pilgrim (live action) girls ranking :
Ramona
Envy
Knives
Kim
You forgot Julie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N13WI3oVda8

In some scenes I just wish Ramona's wig was that obvious. Otherwise Winstead played her really good.
Fun fact: They made Envy extra bitchy by not making her blink.

Kurita

Otherwise Winstead played her really good.

Reaaaaally good
lTRmgle.jpg

retcon : Envy's "you should so totally come"... is arousing.

Deadman Wonderland Caught up

This series is going to end within the next 5-10 chapters easily. Great series really glad I picked it up. Highly recommend if you're even remotely interested to check it out it's a fun ride.

Going to read after it end , was about 6 or so chapter behind before i stop .
Early spoilers out and Jump on break next week going to be boring for a while.

Soma

Nanatsu no Taizai Ch. 25

Daaaaayuuuuum

King is no joke when he's got his shit together. His little backstory is cool too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
As far as I can tell Scott Pilgrim is teenage hipster mental masturbation slash wish-fulfillment fantasy

Kusagari

So the spoilers are out for the final Medaka chapter.

Nisio does it again.

Kumagawa, Ajimu and Nienami don't appear at all. The ending is Medaka and Zenkichi fighting over which one of them gets to propose

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So the spoilers are out for the final Medaka chapter.

Nisio does it again.

Kumagawa, Ajimu and Nienami don't appear at all. The ending is Medaka and Zenkichi fighting over which one of them gets to propose

That sounds amazing, we're going to get the full Nisio.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hey I liked Scott Pilgrim, I wouldn't deny that it was wankfest of the highest order though.

Even wankier than Ready Player One but not quite as wanky as Sword Art Online.

Haly

You guys should read an actually good comic like The Sandman.

bigkrev

When did this turn into Sitcom and NA comic OT?

For the record, Scott Pilgrim rocks, and the movie is good in spite of Micheal Cera (who I refuse to watch anything he does).

I've been thinking of getting the Color books- the only old one I have is 6, as I took the others out of the library and read them back in the day. I have a bunch of store credit at the local comic shop from winning Magic tournaments, might start buying them this weekend.

muuuuh I read that SP screen grab right to left. I'm already in too deep.

OH GOD THAT WAS THE WORST. On the ipad, when I switch from Comixology to my Manga app, I still do the same thing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
When did this turn into Sitcom and NA comic OT?

For the record, Scott Pilgrim rocks, and the movie is good in spite of Micheal Cera (who I refuse to watch anything he does).

I've been thinking of getting the Color books- the only old one I have is 6, as I took the others out of the library and read them back in the day. I have a bunch of store credit at the local comic shop from winning Magic tournaments, might start buying them this weekend.

The same way it was Harry Potter OT the other week. Its because there isn't anything else to talk about.

Haly

Even if I don't watch Park and Rec I think this is still better than Wednesday.

Also I hope everyone here is reading Pupa.

The same way it was Harry Potter OT the other week. Its because there isn't anything else to talk about.
Harry Potter OT gave us something we all could agree on. It was nice.

Don't worry big three will be out soon and this thread will get infinitely worse

jk jk Wednesday is best day
Even if I don't watch Park and Rec I think this is still better than Wednesday.
To be honest, I don't think that WednesdayGAF is even a thing anymore. It's more often tame and relaxed than the huge bloodbath everyone makes it out to be. Sure, Big One show's up every now and then and things get heated, but it's really not a regular event anymore. I'm almost disappointed by that.

Stinky

I just like when I get home and I get to read the manga and all your wonderful posts.

edit: lol DTL you are ridiculous sometimes. Why is a school setting necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom