• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross Manage 30
The Choran coach panels made me laugh. Why did Kaito draw him like that, and then worst in the panels say how he refers to the players as Valkyries and he himself as Odin. lol. Anyway, Choran is as good as I imagined, though Fujioka is a bit better than I thought. Nice page spread.

I thought this was supposed to be canceled by now? And are you getting chapters from Shonen Jump Alpha?

Azure J

So the spoilers are out for the final Medaka chapter.

Nisio does it again.

Kumagawa, Ajimu and Nienami don't appear at all. The ending is Medaka and Zenkichi fighting over which one of them gets to propose

GODDAMIT NISIO.

Still not end of Katanagatari tier but still...

dumbyugi

Jump Double Issue #22/23 TOC *Incomplete*
One Piece (Lead CP)
Naruto
Moon Walker LTD II (Center Colour, Oneshot)
Kuroko no Basket
Medaka Box (END, Center Colour)
Shokugeki no Souma
Toriko
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san
Hungry Joker

Jump Issue #24 Information
Lead CP/New Series: Soul Catcher(S) (Author of Light Wing)
Center Colour: Haikyuu!!, Toriko, Kingdom (Bangaihen)

Jump Issue #25 Information
New Series: Mutou Black

Jump Issue #26 Information
New Series: Smoky B.B. (Author/Arist of Hansaka Ikkyuu)

The final chapter of Good Loser Kumagawa will be published in Jump Next!

Bleach spoilers

"Omnipotent guy" Urahara says , if Masaki has to sustain her life, to maintain her human form and to avoid turning into a moster, a power which contradicts to hollow must be insert into her spirit, also needs to be protected for the rest of her life.

Urahara "the Doraemon" -sama (jeez providers~lol) prepares a gigai for Isshin, it seems like he needs to go into his gigai before healing Masaki

Isshin says Masaki is his life saver, hence he needs to save her (以身相许 =-='')

Isshin's spirit has found Masaki's spirit : yo~ I came to protect you!

[This chapter is too wordy, I find it difficult to understand. According to Urahara's opinion, it seems like during the time when Isshin protects Masaki, he will lose his shinigami power. So how can he still use his shinigami power after the death of Masaki? for more details lets wait for JJH translation]

So good, and so expected.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
She is feeling something alright but the clothes are in direct conflict with them

5mmxWcW.gif

but it explains why she could't kill or see the grand fisher

That would finally kill the idea that Isshin just randomly used FGT one day 'cause YOLO at least.

one piece spoilers

First part

B block starts, 138 men battle royal.
Although what Dagama is doing isn't fair, it's not against the rules to team up.

Apparnetly King Elizabello's punch is so powerful, he's put a massive hole in the enemy fortress.
But there's on problem... it takes an entire hour of preparation for the king to throw one punch out.
It's Prodence's ultimate weapon, that can only be fired once in a single battlefield.
Dagama thinks the "King Punch" could knock out even a Yonkou if it ever lands on one.
Dagama asks his lord if he's ready, to which Elizabello says he's ready to throw it out at any time.

Bellamy asks why Lepanto, who is an army commander of Dressrosa, thinks it's ok to lend hand to military advisor of another country.
Lepanto answers money is what makes the world go around, he'd rather gain money at his feet rather than chase a dream.
Bellamy laughs, saying hearing that hurts (as he shared the same attitude in the past)

Lepanto swings his massive chained spiked ball and knocks three contestants into the water, while Bellamy counters him with Spring Death-Knock (a Gomu Gomu Pistol like spring punch)
There are "Little Battle-fish" swimming in the waters, attacking the fallen contestants.

Abdulla and Jeet are fighting a legion of fodder gladiators, Abdulla howels to grab their attention, while Jeet slices them from behind.
Meanwhile, The fishman Karate master and also user of Fishman Jujitsu, Hack, uses 4000 kawara seiken to punch out a large contestant who mocked the fishman.
Hack is friend of Jinbe, and feels just like Jinbe is a hope for men and fishmen understanding each other, he hopes to find a way of friendship through exchange of fists.
A true Karate-ka!
Quote:
Blue Gilly is a martial artist who hails from the long-leg tribe. His style of martial artis is Jao-kun Do.
(Obviously a Bruce Lee reference)
He uses his legs like whip, and knocks many fodders out of his way.

One mysterious gladiator stands out... the helmeted "Former" Gladiator Ricky.
No one recognizes him, he's a newcomer to the arena. Yet, with only a single sword at his disposal, he knocks out multiple combatants.
And old spectator tells a nearby toy man, that he vaguely remembers someone who fights like that, but for the life of him cannot remember his name.

(GEE I WONDER WHO THAT IS, ODA. GEE. THANKS FOR LIKE, MAKING IT OBVIOUS OR ANYTHING. I guess we'll know the mystery of the statue sooner than we thought lol)

Bartolomeo is lying there on the edge just chilling. He just watches the whole place in chaos, instead of jumping in to fight.

Cavendish says Barto is another one of those annoying rookies.
He's called the Cannibal because he acts like a ******. (mocking people in Japanese is expressed as "eating people")
Cavendish is looking through a book containing wanted posters of the "worst generation".
Luffy asks him why not forgive them already, but Caven is adamant he'll kill them.
He figured with a big tournament like this, at least one of them will be here...
But just like Burgess did, you can hide your identity in this tournament. He figures he'll just wait till one of them wins through..
Luffy is sweating bullets hearing this, hahahaha.

A politely speaking Don Chinjao approach the due.
Don Chinjao asks how is Garp-san doing, Strawhat Luffy?
Luffy: Huh? You know my gramps?
Caven: WHAT!?
Luffy: OH WHOOPS!!!

Chinjao tells him Garp nearly killed him long ago, and decided to hate him till their grandchildren's time.
Luffy: HUH!?

End of chapter.

Naruto spoilers

Damn, at the last page in Naruto. No text yet.

Bleach spoilers

"Omnipotent guy" Urahara says , if Masaki has to sustain her life, to maintain her human form and to avoid turning into a moster, a power which contradicts to hollow must be insert into her spirit, also needs to be protected for the rest of her life.

Urahara "the Doraemon" -sama (jeez providers~lol) prepares a gigai for Isshin, it seems like he needs to go into his gigai before healing Masaki

Isshin says Masaki is his life saver, hence he needs to save her (以身相许 =-='')

Isshin's spirit has found Masaki's spirit : yo~ I came to protect you!

[This chapter is too wordy, I find it difficult to understand. According to Urahara's opinion, it seems like during the time when Isshin protects Masaki, he will lose his shinigami power. So how can he still use his shinigami power after the death of Masaki? for more details lets wait for JJH translation]

So good, and so expected.

Yeah, those spoilers sound a lot better than that one line from the last page (who would've thought). Can't wait to read it.

Spongebob

Banned
Naruto

Disappointing that we didn't see Sasuke and co. make it to the battlefield, but this chapter had some crazy shit going on.

Next chapters are going to be really intense.

Also, Madara's face >_>

BLEACH!

Holy revelations! Also that Isshin swag. Just coming up to Masaki and saying he is gonna protect her.

Loved this chapter. I'm sure Aizen has something to do with Grand Fisher attacking Masaki later on in Ichigo's life.

Cannot wait for the next chapter. Should maybe see Kaien in the hollow's form.

Naruto....

Ehh Madara gets a Hashirama boner and Naruto does another "friends are my power speech"... meh nothing worthwhile this week.

Waiting on OP.

Bleach

Hell yeah. I love this explanation. Ryuuken wanted to do this himself, but he understood that Isshin has to do it. I love how the similarities between Isshin and Masaki have gotten more entangled tee hee. I always thought that hollows are opposite to the shinigami, but the quinicies make more sense since quincies destroy the soul while shinigami make the soul move on.

Naruto
Madara with the Juubi power just fucks over everybody .
It going to get even more crazy when the 4 hokages join the fight .

Bleach
Another good chapter looking forward to reading more.

dumbyugi

Jump Double Issue #22/23 TOC *Complete*

Cover: Heroes vs Rivals
One Piece (Lead CP)
Assassination Classroom
Naruto
Kuroko no Basket
Shokugeki no Souma
Toriko
Gintama
Nisekoi
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Tetokuchi (Center Colour, Oneshot Prologue)
Beelzebub
Haikyuu!!
World Trigger
Bleach
Sket Dance
Kochikame
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison
Hungry Joker

wonzo

Banned

One Piece (Lead CP)
Assassination Classroom
Naruto
Kuroko no Basket
Shokugeki no Souma
Toriko
Gintama
Nisekoi
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Beelzebub
Haikyuu!!
World Trigger
Bleach
Sket Dance
Kochikame
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison
Hungry Joker
the comeback begins

Naruto

This chapter wasn't so bad. Naruto's rambling about friendship was annoying as usual and the fight was still bad as it was the whole arc, but the last few pages made the coming chapters look really promising. 1 vs 1 with Obito and Kakashi, Sasuke and the 4 kages joining the battlefield, Madara getting wet. It has potential to be really good.

Also, what was this here?

yE3y2TU.png

One Piece (Lead CP)
Assassination Classroom
Naruto
Kuroko no Basket
Shokugeki no Souma
Toriko
Gintama
Nisekoi
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Beelzebub
Haikyuu!!
World Trigger
Bleach
Sket Dance
Kochikame
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison
Hungry Joker

Naruto higher than Bleach? yikes.

Ass Class doing really well for itself plus Souma is the last newbie standing it looks like

Naruto higher than Bleach? yikes.

Ass Class doing really well for itself plus Souma is the last newbie standing it looks like

Ehh its normal considering the voting fanbase seems to only care about certain characters. It comes down to mostly volume sales considering how HXH has survived the TOC lol.

Bleach

Lol how incredibly convenient and fucking stupid.

Someone didn't read Turn back the Pendulum.

Ehh its normal considering the voting fanbase seems to only care about certain characters. It comes down to mostly volume sales considering how HXH has survived the TOC lol.

Yep series that big like Bleach , HxH etc etc don't really have to care about it that much .
It's the new series that have to fear it .

Foolworm

Bleach

So this is what Ryuken's goal is. All his uptight doctor business and whatnot, that is.

The Five Star Stories

Good heavens, it's finally gotten to the point where the Fatimas (Automatic Flowers) and Mortar Headds (Gothicmades) have wider thighs than waists.

Also, name changes all around. Yay!!

ant1532

Banned
naruto

action cliffhanger and no chapter next week :/

stoked to see obito vs kakashi in kamui dimension. once I realized they shared that last year, i was hoping this would happen!

Actually Isshin feels that he owes a debt to Masaki who saved his life. So its not love, YET!

The attraction is there though as seen last chapter This is how you do romance, take note other authors. *cough Kishimoto and the Sakura BS cough*
I can't be the only one who finds it fucking hilarious that KUBO of all people, who has gone on record saying he despises romance in shounen, actually does it better than pretty much everyone else.

Irony doesn't even begin to describe it.

Bleach 535

Ahahah the power of love :lol

Kubo just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about manga culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like Twilight where you can become successful by sparkling in the sun. If you screw someone over in Bleach, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

Kubo , publicly apologize and and say to Bleach goodbye.

I can't be the only one who finds it fucking hilarious that KUBO of all people, who has gone on record saying he despises romance in shounen, actually does it better than pretty much everyone else.

Kubo has never said that. He just said that Bleach is not a romantic manga, when he was asked about Ichihime and Ichirukia. Seriously man, you are like the god of hyperbole.

Actually Isshin feels that he owes a debt to Masaki who saved his life. So its not love, YET!

The attraction is there though as seen last chapter This is how you do romance, take note other authors. *cough Kishimoto and the Sakura BS cough*

Finding convoluted shenanigans to justify the ''she needs someone to love or she'll die'' doesn't make it any better. And yes I realize this is a plot device to justify Ichigo's hybridization, but I would have preferred a more straightforward (as boring as it would be) approach. ''Oh we killed this hollow and I happen to like you, wanna go out?'' ''yeah sure''. Instead he decided to make Ichigo's father a meatheaded idiot who can't think straight.
This is my problem with Kubo. His grasp of human emotions and reasoning seems shaky at best, even for the average shounen writer. It always seemed weird how his characters transitioned from being facetious/angry to super-duper serious in the space of a single panel; it makes every character look bidimensional.
Sorry for the rant, I've been lurking in manga-gaf for a while :p.

lol I have to agree for someone who barely put any effort into romance the guy does a good job with it. Matsumoto and Gin and a ton of other characters.

Although Beam is right that Kubo doesn't despise romance, just that it doesn't fit his manga.

Finding convoluted shenanigans to justify the ''she needs someone to love or she'll die'' doesn't make it any better. And yes I realize this is a plot device to justify Ichigo's hybridization, but I would have preferred a more straightforward (as boring as it would be) approach. ''Oh we killed this hollow and I happen to like you, wanna go out?'' ''yeah sure''. Instead he decided to make Ichigo's father a meatheaded idiot who can't think straight.
This is my problem with Kubo. His grasp of human emotions and reasoning seems shaky at best, even for the average shounen writer. It always seemed weird how his characters transitioned from being facetious/angry to super-duper serious in the space of a single panel; it makes every character look bidimensional.

Wait what? Where did this happen in the chapter? NOTHING said love was required or she will die. Its just that the hollowfication will overtake Masaki.

Isshin is hardly a meathead considering he figured out that there was someone protecting "White" (the Black hollow) behind the scene and thought that he owes Masaki for saving his life.

I think you are mixing up Kubo with Mashima or Kishi not to say that Kubo doesn't do it sometimes with certain characters.

No problem with the rant, thats half of manga GAF lol. Welcome to MangaGAF

You're cool with me as long as you're shitting on Bleach.

Don´t make shit up to make a point.

What convoluted shenanigans? The explanation is straight forward and elaborated on earlier events in the manga. And what do you mean just ask her out? As if he is allowed by Soul Society to date a human or quincy for that matter. Let´s go eat is not viable at all. The situation needed to be extreme for Isshin and Misaki to lose their powers. Kubo has a great grasp on human emotions. Let´s all forget about Orihime´s confession, or Tatsuki´s very emotional reaction, or Ichigo and Rukia´s mental breakdown at various points in the manga.

Yeah, Isshin saving a life that saved his make him a meat head. It´s not like honor did not play role in Bleach, like Kaien, Byakuya, Yamamoto or gratitude like Ichigo, Komamura, the vizards. Christ!

Don't really care about it doing badly saleswise just its unfortunate seeing such a disparity.

Bleach

Isshin don't give a fuck lol and it was a decent (though very shounen) way to get them closer.

Don´t make shit up to make a point.

What convoluted shenanigans? The explanation is straight forward and elaborated on earlier events in the manga. And what do you mean just ask her out? As if he is allowed by Soul Society to date a human or quincy for that matter. Let´s go eat is not viable at all. The situation needed to be extreme for Isshin and Misaki to lose their powers. Kubo has a great grasp on human emotions. Let´s all forget about Orihime´s confession, or Tatsuki´s very emotional reaction, or Ichigo and Rukia´s mental breakdown at various points in the manga.

Yeah, Isshin saving a life that saved his make him a meat head. It´s not like honor did not play role in Bleach, like Kaien, Byakuya, Yamamoto or gratitude like Ichigo, Komamura, the vizards. Christ!

Jesus man, he writes a freaking battle shonen where guys in robes yell out the names of their special sword attacks to fight monsters who get their chests hole-punched. It's not War and Peace.

Lol, Pathetic.

It's called a joke.

Bleach 535

Loved the reaction of Urahara and Ryuuken. Ishin is such a great man.

Bleach flashbacks are great.

Naruto 628

Haha that Madara rapeface. And OMG Sakura had a panel for her.

Can you show us the panel where this was said?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom