• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not permanently...maybe.

Well, One Piece is more of a break. I'll let it build up for a few months. I haven't read the past two OP chapters. It just became so meh.

Naruto, I just don't care anymore. I'll see what you guys say and check out random chapters if any of it sounds any good.

Both those points make sense, you should probably just wait for Naruto to finish and for OP to get to the end game of this arc aka Luffy/Law vs Dofla

Lain

Medaka Box vol 10
mYn.jpg

Another volume, another chance for Zenkichi to show off why he's cool and Kumagawa sucks. The way he won over Mukae was pretty great and watching Kumagawa's face was oh.so.delicious. Asshole got what he deserved.
I also enjoyed the way Kumagawa has to go to get to see Ajimu. It's liberating seeing him kick the bucket.
Ajimu, with all the posts in here celebrating her, is rather... disappointing, just like Kumagawa. Shiranui has been a better troll character so far, and the stuff about all those powers? I don't want to say lame but... it's kinda lame indeed.

By now it is quite clear to me that Medaka and Zenkichi are the best characters here, while Kumagawa came out as looking as a jealous crybaby and Ajimu isn't all that interesting or cool.
I'm looking forward to see what Shiranui has planned for the last battle. Also, I wanna see Medaka stomp Kumagawa.

survivor

Banned
Absolute worst cliffhanger return I've ever seen. Hopefully Fukumoto puts it aside for now and works more on Kaiji. Isnt there a third manga he also currently does? And Akagi is still ongoing?

Gambling Emperor Zero is just Kaiji For Kids.. which is certainly not a bad thing.
Kaiji 1 = Zero 1 > Kaiji 3 > Kaiji 2

Deadman Wonderland 36

Ganta and Shiro admit they love each other, too bad the end game of this series will have to be Ganta vs Shiro. Good thing they gave Ganta another potential love interest

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I did, though.

This despite the fact that you're caught up on both series and new chapters of them haven't even released yet.

Even assuming you manage to just avoid commenting on them to look like you're keeping your word about "dropping" them (which doesn't in fact require to actually do anything at this point beyond announce that you're doing it, which is weird in and of itself), you and I and everyone else all knows you're just going to read them anyways.

Deadman Wonderland 37-39.2

OH WOW OH WOW OH WOW OH WOW OH WOW OH WOW

This is getting crazy

Edit:

BassForever said:
Deadman Wonderland 36

Ganta and Shiro admit they love each other, too bad the end game of this series will have to be Ganta vs Shiro. Good thing they gave Ganta another potential love interest

LOL NOPE!

Wiseblade

Not permanently...maybe.

Well, One Piece is more of a break. I'll let it build up for a few months. I haven't read the past two OP chapters. It just became so meh.

Naruto, I just don't care anymore. I'll see what you guys say and check out random chapters if any of it sounds any good.

That's a pretty long-winded way of saying "I'm not dropping them".

Stinky

Kaiji 1 = Zero 1 > Kaiji 3 > Kaiji 2

I really like Zero but its not as good as any of the arcs of Kaiji. Maaaaybe its better than part 2, but only because of the pacing of the Bog in that arc.

And of course its not equally as good as part 1 of Kaiji. Now you're just being silly.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
This despite the fact that you're caught up on both series and new chapters of them haven't even released yet.

Even assuming you manage to just avoid commenting on them to look like you're keeping your word about "dropping" them (which doesn't in fact require to actually do anything at this point beyond announce that you're doing it, which is weird in and of itself), you and I and everyone else all knows you're just going to read them anyways.
I'm going to avoid commenting on them to look like I'm keeping my word? That's weird.

It ain't that deep breh. If I were reading them I would just say so at some point in time. I have no problem with going back on my word of "dropping them"...things can get picked back up whenever.

Naruto is straight dropped. One Piece, we can call that a break. I'll pretty much only review Bleach. I know you love reviews. Letter grades, your favorite.

survivor

Banned
Brand New School Day

Ah, a oneshot from the same writer who brought us Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa. That explains why this sucked.

---

Finished season 2 of Parks and Recreation. Definitely improved a lot from season 1 although the Andy-April romance thing was too contrived. Moving on to the third season now.

survivor

Banned
I really like Zero but its not as good as any of the arcs of Kaiji. Maaaaybe its better than part 2, but only because of the pacing of the Bog in that arc.

And of course its not equally as good as part 1 of Kaiji. Now you're just being silly.

The way I look at it is that Kaiji as a character in infinitely better than Zero, there is no denying that. However when it comes to the games, Zero Part 1 outclasses all of Kaiji arcs when it comes to sheer creativity and suspense.

edit: and as flawfuls mentioned above, there is also the pacing issues of Kaiji which Zero Part 1 lacked.

Deadman Wonderland 40-42

Shiro and her Wretched Egg persona remind me so much of Nyu and Lucy from Elfen Lied it's almost distracting. The really sad thing is while Deadman Wonderland is a WAY better series then Elfen Lied, EL did handle the Nyu/Lucy character WAAAAAY better then DMWL handles Shiro/Wretched Egg.

upandaway

I had a lot of fun with Kaiji's pacing (very clearly thanks to the fact I only read the parts in marathons). Seeing someone freak out is the best thing ever because they'll go crazy for 30 pages before they can show any sort of sentiency.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm going to avoid commenting on them to look like I'm keeping my word? That's weird.

It ain't that deep breh. If I were reading them I would just say so at some point in time. I have no problem with going back on my word of "dropping them"...things can get picked back up whenever.

Naruto is straight dropped. One Piece, we can call that a break. I'll pretty much only review Bleach. I know you love reviews. Letter grades, your favorite.

When I dropped Medaka Box I just stopped reading it and didn't decide to announce it as though I performed some kind of act. There is in fact a reason the last thread's subtitle involved "dropped!" claims; its because nobody ever drops anything they go to the effort to publicly announce they dropped.

World Trigger 11
tumblr_mlo3g1mE691s5992do1_500.png

Having Jin meet up with Koga as well as Mikumo worked as a good way to close out this miniarc. Jin and Koga's interactions were memorable and made me laugh a bit..I wouldnt mind seeing more of them together in the future.While on the plot side of things, details of the Trion side effects, opened more doors in terms of abilities. I wonder what Mikumo's could be, assuming he gets one eventually.

Stinky

The way I look at it is that Kaiji as a character in infinitely better than Zero, there is no denying that. However when it comes to the games, Zero Part 1 outclasses all of Kaiji arcs when it comes to sheer creativity and suspense.

edit: and as flawfuls mentioned above, there is also the pacing issues of Kaiji which Zero Part 1 lacked.

I like the Kaiji games because they're a bit more grounded in reality. Sometimes Zero's games were a bit silly. What I really liked about Gambling Emperor Zero was the rival dude with the Usopp lips. The main character wasn't the smartest person there and his solutions to the puzzle parts where never as good as the rival.

Kept him on his toes!

Seeing someone freak out is the best thing ever because they'll go crazy for 30 pages before they can show any sort of sentiency.

mild Kaiji part 3 spoilers most amazing freakout in any manga ever

Wiseblade

When I dropped Medaka Box I just stopped reading it and didn't decide to announce it as though I performed some kind of act. There is in fact a reason the last thread's subtitle involved "dropped!" claims; its because nobody ever drops anything they go to the effort to publicly announce they dropped.

I dropped Ragetown.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I can announce it if I want to...your decisions about Medaka Box ain't got nothing to do with me. Most of my manga discussion is about the big 3 unless I'm marathoning something. So, yeah, it's whatever.

Angry Grimace

Everytime anyone tells me a sitcom is good I have to get mad because sitcoms are universally bad

survivor

Banned
Oh, there is a manga thread in the OT, what a rare sight. And it's about 20th Century Boys.

I should get back to finishing it. Left off at volume 9 three weeks ago and now I forgot everything. Will probably have to reread the old volumes very quickly.

Everytime anyone tells me a sitcom is good I have to get mad because sitcoms are universally bad

I was never a fan of comedies, be it movies or tv series, but Parks and Recs has some genuinely funny moments. The first season is kinda hit and miss, as it started as an Office clone, but it gets so much better and some characters are just amazing. The lack of a laugh track helps a lot.

God, you just reminded me of how much I hate The Big Bang Theory.

I dropped Naruto and haven't read it since, so its not a impossible task.

The only thing I see about it is the shit everyone posts about it in the thread.

Stinky

Am I the only one who constantly mistakes Stinky for Evilore?

You can't prove that I'm NOT Evilore.

I was gonna change my avatar soon anyway, this one is too blurry/low quality. I'm making a resolution to be resolute about resolving the resolution

EDIT: Did I steal his avatar by accident? He changed it since so I cant check but I remember his old one being very very similar. Weird since I cropped this panel myself

survivor

Banned
Good comedies that I enjoyed

Black Books
IT Crowd
Seinfeld
Happy Endings
Veep
Parks and Recs

These are ones from recent memory. There are other ones that I watched long time ago and don't know if they still hold up to this day.

Kurita

Good comedies that I enjoyed

Black Books
IT Crowd
Seinfeld
Happy Endings
Veep
Parks and Recs

These are ones from recent memory. There are other ones that I watched long time ago and don't know if they still hold up to this day.

Watch Arrested Development!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
US Jump TOC for April 22nd 2013

Dragon Ball 206
One Piece 706
One-Punch Man 14
Bleach 534
Nisekoi 71
Toriko 230
World Trigger 11
Cross Manage 30
Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal 29

Previews: Naruto & Cross Manage

Youth in Revolt is also a pretty good Michael Cera movie.

A good "Michael Cera" movie is still garbage compared to most average movies

Deadman Wonderland ~51

That was a good spot for a hiatus, shows our main hero and villains final objective down the stretch with the goal character wondering who will succeed in the final battle between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom