• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbyugi

Little Little

A cute short story about a sickly girl and her fox girl friend. There's no talking which I enjoyed for a nice change of pace. I like that even at the end you never find out any of the characters names. 9/10

Kurita

So we'll get a new series by Hideo Shinkai in the WSJ #24 which will be out on May 15.
He already did Light Wing, a sports series that didn't last long.

EDIT : May 13, sorry.

survivor

Banned
So Punpun vol 12 will be out June 28. I was hoping for a May release, but oh well. Maybe someone will translate Girl by the Sea vol 2 by then.

So we'll get a new series by Hideo Shinkai in the WSJ #24 which will be out on May 15.
He already did Light Wing, a sports series that didn't last long.
Let's hope he will do something creative with good writing... lol who am I kidding.

Recently started Attack on Titan (Up to around Ch. 20)

Some of the composition choices are weird. Early on they never show anyone killing a titan so I had the impression that humans hadn't yet figured out any way to do it yet. Also, what's the deal with just throwing in all the supporting cast without a proper introduction and saving everyone getting to know each other in basic training after a bunch of them died already without any fanfare? I still like it though.

survivor

Banned
lol
news_large_koro_chitochpgu.jpg

dumbyugi

Name : Soul Catchers
http://www.twitter.com/manganewsjapon/status/326250897447460864

Great name for what I assume will be a generic action manga! I hope I'm wrong but... not holding my breath.

Going by what I've seen of the oneshot it's about a guy who can see peoples souls or some shit. It's ugly but it looks like the idea is fairly unique. It also looks like the type of series that could easily turn into a battle manga if it doesn't do well.

Kurita

Going by what I've seen of the oneshot it's about a guy who can see peoples souls or some shit. It's ugly but it looks like the idea is fairly unique. It also looks like the type of series that could easily turn into a battle manga if it doesn't do well.

Oh didn't see what the one-shot was about, my bad then.

Fox318

Kanojo wa Sore wo Gaman Dekinai

wwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttt

More souls? If it could use the same concept of Soul Rescue it could be interesting.

dumbyugi

Jump Double Issue #22/23 Bottom 4
Cross Manage
Koisuru Edison
Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san
Hungry Joker

Medaka Box: END & Fanbook Announcement

Jump Issue #24 Information
Lead CP/New Series: Soul Catcher(S)
Center Colour: Haikyuu!!, Toriko, Kingdom (Bangaihen)

Issues #25 and #26 will also have new series.

Deadman Wonderland 20-32

Really enjoying the forgeries plot line a lot more then the Scar group. Setting up the OG Deadmen against the ultimate forgeries is awesome too.

Edit

DMWL 33

That was a man the whole time what the fuck?

dumbyugi

Medaka Box Spoilers

This doesn't spoil the chapter but just in case someone wants to go in knowing nothing.
The last page is in colour, instead of the usual first page. I can't actually think of a Jump series that has ever done this.

Stinky

Gambling Emperor Legend Zero Part 2 ending next issue. About time, been waiting for it to end for so long so I can finally start reading it after the crazy cliffhanger at the end of Part 1.

Absolute worst cliffhanger return I've ever seen. Hopefully Fukumoto puts it aside for now and works more on Kaiji. Isnt there a third manga he also currently does? And Akagi is still ongoing?

Gambling Emperor Zero is just Kaiji For Kids.. which is certainly not a bad thing.

Seems like Kiruko and Hungry Joker are ending soon.

Can't wait to see Haikyuu!! color page.

Darn yet another series I liked meeting a fatal end.

Ive had at least Haikyuu!!, Psi Kusuo, World Trigger, Shokugeki no Sōma, Assassination Classroom last.
While lost, ST&RS, Takamagahara, Barrage, Hungry Joker

Only one of which that last is actually potentially going to be sold in print here :(

Akito

Medaka Box Spoilers

This doesn't spoil the chapter but just in case someone wants to go in knowing nothing.
The last page is in colour, instead of the usual first page. I can't actually think of a Jump series that has ever done this.
Prince of Tennis

Gangsta 14-15

5idoRBq.jpg

From a depressing flashback, back to the present and then back to the flashback again. I'm not sure if I understand the pacing. Anyway, reading it does make me feel weird. Anti-Twilight movements (no, not the ones you see on forums) that slaughter the men and rape the women and girls to death. It's brutal and rough. They keep referring to Nico as "that thing", while Wallace doesn't even know how to deal with it. Twilights are supposed to have a short life span and apparently Nico is already on his way out, so I'm obviously curious and want to see how they both survived and escaped, but at the same time I don't want this flashback to finish.

Wiseblade

Brand New School Day (one shot)

Who hasn't dreamt of reinventing themselves when they meet new people? It's definitely something I can relate to.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Your original post was better

GAF doesn't really like smileys much. I generally try to stick only to the original :lol one that comes with the plugin that lets you keep using it.

It also wouldn't be an AG post without editing some shit in or out

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
What brought about this? Seems like an odd time to announce you're dropping series
Not permanently...maybe.

Well, One Piece is more of a break. I'll let it build up for a few months. I haven't read the past two OP chapters. It just became so meh.

Naruto, I just don't care anymore. I'll see what you guys say and check out random chapters if any of it sounds any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom