• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Well, I wouldn't say one activity is nerdier than the other.

ATLA is largely a better show though, so at least your cousins have good taste.

Kurita

ZxPR8cY.jpg

oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnghhhhhh

Unfortunately it costs 340€, not worth it imo. Would have bought if it was was cheaper.

Assassination Classroom

Yeah that teacher is really nuts. I doubt Nagisa will really stab him but who knows..
Looking forward to it.

Ouji no Kikan 5

I thought the last chapter had ended the story but I guess not. Anyway got real good with the full love triangle finally detailed. My otp is canon, I guess, though how will Oda and Yasuhiro deal with things.

Mayonaka no Oyatsu 5 end
tumblr_inline_mlqaci5Ryr1qz4rgp.png

Great end to the story of Azuma san and his younger nephew, Taira, who was really cute as a kid and become amazing after the time skip with his precious and great Azuma. Nice art all throughout and Taira really delivered many great moments. Five chapters was a great length for it, and I hope to see what the author comes up with next. Definitely in my top 20 favorites.

Bleach

Mayuri has a huge knowledge about the quincies in his research, so he should be able to play an important role in the war. Kubo also commented on that. He will probably make a new poison specifically to target them.

Nope. Take off the shipping glasses and then you see this current situation parallels more with Ichigo saving Inoue than Ichigo saving Rukia. Sorry IchiRuki fans.

Ichigo at one point had these women on his dick in some fashion or another:

Orihime

Rangiku

Yoruichi

Riruka

Senna (Yes, movie, but whatevs!)

And Potentially (if Kubo wanted too, but he hasn't shown the want so far) Rukia.

Dude is a goddamn pimp.

Ichigo at one point had these women on his dick in some fashion or another:

Orihime

Rangiku

Yoruichi

Riruka

Senna (Yes, movie, but whatevs!)

And Potentially (if Kubo wanted too, but he hasn't shown the want so far) Rukia.

Dude is a goddamn pimp.

When was Rangiku on his dick? She's more into Orihime.

Tatsuki had moments where she expressed interest in Ichigo, even Inoue was willing to fight her over him (ep2).

They are close friends, that's all They've been close since childhood, and Tatsuki does care about Ichigo to some extent. She did seem upset that Ichigo wouldn't tell her about the things she's been seeing (Ichigo in his Shinigami attire, his fight with Grimmjow, etc.) and she's worried about him; but there is absolutely nothing that implies that she has any romantic interest towards him.

survivor

Banned
Eternal Sabbath vol 1
esv01c01p086-0875lapb.jpg
esv01c00p002-0031ibtd.jpg

Good opener first volume for what might be a great psychological thriller. The mysteries laid out were pretty good and promising, assuming they don't get too stupid. The story follows the mind reader/bender Shuro, who as far as smug douchey characters go by, he is acceptable. I mean he does fuck around with Kujou a lot, but as shown by the first chapter he seems to care sometimes about the random people he lives with. His real motive on why he chose to infiltrate the university is still a mystery and I got no clue why he has been there for so long.

The cool thing about the first volume is how it opened up right with a day of Shuro's life. It's a great hook as it demonstrates the capabilities of the mind bending abilities and shows what the manga is all about. Also the mind reading scenes were beautifully drawn. They are very weird, and sometimes random crazy. They can also get very creepy, especially in these sequence of pages that shows the manifestation of pure evil inside that one psycho kid. The mind visuals were really great and it was a smart idea to open the manga with them to set the mood and establish the supernatural elements of the story. Oh btw, I found this page pretty funny. Immediately reminded me of Ran and the Gray World.

After the bizarre sequence of events in the first chapter, the story pretty much shifts focus to the other main character, Kujou. The craziness of the mindfucks get toned down, but when Shuro appears again and starts fucking with Kujou, we get some great and creepy scenes. She plays the scientist role and pretty much role so far was to dump shit load of science garbage talk that I lost track of. That was pretty much the only weakness of the first volume, all this science talk felt like it was lifted directly from Wikipedia and halted down the flow of the manga and felt out of place. I'm not even sure if any of it is necessary info since I just skimmed through most of it.

The art was pretty good and I really loved all the colour pages. I wish Fuyumi Souryo would just do an artbook of characters posing around. She got a really good grasp of drawing human characters and she draws all these bizarre and surreal mind sequences very well. Very impressed by her art.

Kurita

Anyone read Umimachi Diary?
Seems interesting, might buy the first volume.

EDIT : heh, seems like there are only two translated chapters so... Guess I'll buy it.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Nope. Take off the shipping glasses and then you see this current situation parallels more with Ichigo saving Inoue than Ichigo saving Rukia. Sorry IchiRuki fans.

But the pose! The panels! The exact same lines! It's a stupefying coincidence if Kubo wasn't making a direct homage.

Ass Class

I like the teacher and I hope Nagisa is going to fail miserably. It would be disappointing to introduce a character like that teacher, only to have him defeated so quickly by super monster killing girl, who didn't do anything so far. Also, where's the intelligent cocky anti-hero student? No way he'd take any shit from that teacher.

But the pose! The panels! The exact same lines! It's a stupefying coincidence if Kubo wasn't making a direct homage.

Rukia wasn't naked! It's not the same!

Lain

Eternal Sabbath vol 1
http://abload.de/img/esv01c01p086-0875lapb.jpg http://abload.de/img/esv01c00p002-0031ibtd.jpg

Good opener first volume for what might be a great psychological thriller. The mysteries laid out were pretty good and promising, assuming they don't get too stupid. The story follows the mind reader/bender Shuro, who as far as smug douchey characters go by, he is acceptable. I mean he does fuck around with Kujou a lot, but as shown by the first chapter he seems to care sometimes about the random people he lives with. His real motive on why he chose to infiltrate the university is still a mystery and I got no clue why he has been there for so long.

The cool thing about the first volume is how it opened up right with a day of Shuro's life. It's a great hook as it demonstrates the capabilities of the mind bending abilities and shows what the manga is all about. Also the mind reading scenes were beautifully drawn. They are very weird, and sometimes random crazy. They can also get very creepy, especially in these sequence of pages that shows the manifestation of pure evil inside that one psycho kid. The mind visuals were really great and it was a smart idea to open the manga with them to set the mood and establish the supernatural elements of the story. Oh btw, I found this page pretty funny. Immediately reminded me of Ran and the Gray World.

After the bizarre sequence of events in the first chapter, the story pretty much shifts focus to the other main character, Kujou. The craziness of the mindfucks get toned down, but when Shuro appears again and starts fucking with Kujou, we get some great and creepy scenes. She plays the scientist role and pretty much role so far was to dump shit load of science garbage talk that I lost track of. That was pretty much the only weakness of the first volume, all this science talk felt like it was lifted directly from Wikipedia and halted down the flow of the manga and felt out of place. I'm not even sure if any of it is necessary info since I just skimmed through most of it.

The art was pretty good and I really loved all the colour pages. I wish Fuyumi Souryo would just do an artbook of characters posing around. She got a really good grasp of drawing human characters and she draws all these bizarre and surreal mind sequences very well. Very impressed by her art.

I loved this one. I had to do some heavy searching to track some volumes of it (they were out of print here) and ended up having to buy a bulk of used ones, but to me it was worth it. Some delicious drama up in this, just like one would expect from Souryo.

Atreides

Ass Class

I like the teacher and I hope Nagisa is going to fail miserably. It would be disappointing to introduce a character like that teacher, only to have him defeated so quickly by super monster killing girl, who didn't do anything so far. Also, where's the intelligent cocky anti-hero student? No way he'd take any shit from that teacher.

Isn't Nagisa a boy?

I expect the new teacher to be defeated. It wouldn't make much sense for the plot otherwise.

Ass Class

Rukia wasn't naked! It's not the same!

Do you have characters confused? There is a girl that has a slightly similar hairstyle to Nagisa, but Nagisa is the dude that is the one chosen to fight this.

Wrong. Tatsuki is the girl who knew Ichigo the longest. She comforted him when his mother died.

Yeah, that's what FRIENDS do. Dosn't mean she wants his cock. Neither she showed any real interest in him.

AssClass

I think Nagisa will defeat the teacher by showing him her boobs and showing everyone that he is actually a "girl".

survivor

Banned
All right, good reviews + survivor's seal of approval.
It also has flawfuls hype as well.

Didn't know the first volume was coming out so soon. I would be tempted to get it, but going by the first 2 chapters, this is heavy on the dialogues and with my French skills, it would take me a whole day to finish a volume.

I loved this one. I had to do some heavy searching to track some volumes of it (they were out of print here) and ended up having to buy a bulk of used ones, but to me it was worth it. Some delicious drama up in this, just like one would expect from Souryo.

My only experience with Fuyumi Souryo has been See You in Eden which I loved. After reading this I want to check out both Mars and Cesare to see how she handles different types of drama.

upandaway

Toriko

Geez, Setsuno seems really angry. I don't like how her chances are looking though.

Also I've officially lost track of pretty much everyone's motivations in this jumble (well aside from self defense where it applies). Why would those guys want to kill Setsuno?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom