• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Ichigo at one point had these women on his dick in some fashion or another:

Orihime

Rangiku

Yoruichi

Riruka

Senna (Yes, movie, but whatevs!)

And Potentially (if Kubo wanted too, but he hasn't shown the want so far) Rukia.

Dude is a goddamn pimp.

lol

Who are like half these characters? It's amazing how many characters get the shaft. I mean when was there a chapter that focused on any of them?

Averon

food smut spoilers

Souma looks pissed, and it looks like he will
challenge the instructor to a Shokugeki showdown to save Megumi.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Assassination Classroom

I wonder if Nagisa will get more screen time after this mini-arc, or if they will keep up with showing all the different students.

lol

Who are like half these characters? It's amazing how many characters get the shaft. I mean when was there a chapter that focused on any of them?

You do realize that Rangiku was in the last 4 chapters or so? lol.

Ask Naruto or even One Piece characters that aren't even in the manga anymore technically.

ElFly

Assassination Class 40

Fuck yeah, Nagisa will put some of that killer intent to work.

Toriko the latest one

Maaaan I loved the fights in this chapter. Particularly the ones between the grannies.

Assassination Classroom

I wonder if Nagisa will get more screen time after this mini-arc, or if they will keep up with showing all the different students.
Nagisa is the MC, I don't think more time should be wasted on other students. Other than the deliquent, of course.
Isn't Nagisa a boy?

I expect the new teacher to be defeated. It wouldn't make much sense for the plot otherwise.
Do you have characters confused? There is a girl that has a slightly similar hairstyle to Nagisa, but Nagisa is the dude that is the one chosen to fight this.

Oh please, Nagisa is totally a girl. Just look at that hair.

PL3db7u.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
food smut spoilers

Souma looks pissed, and it looks like he will
challenge the instructor to a Shokugeki showdown to save Megumi.

I hope he loses, though. They aren't going to fire Tadokoro.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ichigo at one point had these women on his dick in some fashion or another:

Orihime

Rangiku

Yoruichi

Riruka

Senna (Yes, movie, but whatevs!)

And Potentially (if Kubo wanted too, but he hasn't shown the want so far) Rukia.

Dude is a goddamn pimp.

I don't think anyone but Orihime is seriously interested in getting dick from him. Riruka maybe, but I doubt she'll ever come back.

lol

What? All of these characters had significant scenes in the manga at one time or another except for Sena since she is from first Bleach movie.

survivor

Banned
Eternal Sabbath vol 2
covervar83.jpg

Oh please, give me more covers like this. Seriously, just stop bothering with writing a story and just fill it with cover pages.

Finally, a confrontation with Izaku and it turns out he is a little kid. Not that threatening really, gives more of a creepy vibe. Interesting to see the backstory about the incident at the lab. Shuro, grew up with love and care, while Izaku grew up full of hate and contempt towards the humans who will dissect him like a lab rat. Makes up for a nice excuse to have him be the face of evil who is bent on destroying all of humanity.

Their fight at the factory made me realize that Izaku is totally broken with his brainwashing abilities. He brought him with bunch of scrub police officers completely under his control. So really, he could easily lure out Kujou or Sakaki if he wanted to. In fact now that he knows who Kujou is, there is nothing stopping him from brainwashing all the police forces into thinking she is a mass murdered and who is wanted. Really with his powers, he has almost unlimited number of ways in capturing Kujou, Shuro or Sakaki.

Stinky

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure part 3 volumes 13-16

Really like it so far. Its so bad it seems ripple powers have been phased out but the stands are magnificent.

Took about a volume for stands to become "miscellaneous power" lol. one guys stand is just a gun. Thats hardly keeping with the original theme.

Going to watch the part 3 OVA , maybe come back when the rescanlation has gotten further.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Continuing the quincy bloodline was kind of in vain really, wasn't it?

Makes me wonder if the Vandenreich are mostly mixed blood though, I figured they were all long dead but when you had the twins clearly born in more modern times that made it seem that maybe they're not all or even mostly spirits (unless Kubo just didn't give a shit.)

I've just been assuming that they were all Ghost Nazis. It would be weird if they were still alive: what with all the last of the quincy talk and the fact that they don't age. Not sure where they've all been hanging out this entire time though.

IHaveIce

Banned
You do realize that Rangiku was in the last 4 chapters or so? lol.

Ask Naruto or even One Piece characters that aren't even in the manga anymore technically.

Lol Beam alt confirmed. Please realize you can defend a point without bringing other mangas into the discussion. :)

Yonafunu

I've just been assuming that they were all Ghost Nazis. It would be weird if they were still alive: what with all the last of the quincy talk and the fact that they don't age. Not sure where they've all been hanging out this entire time though.

What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?

Assuming he's taking about Juha vs Old Man since they last fought 1000 years ago and apparently Juha looks mostly the same while the old man aged.

@grandjedi: Looking back at the page where Juha mocks the old man after killing him it sounds like they are dead/Ghost Nazis but yet Mayuri claimed the old man should have ended him all those years ago.

Yonafunu

Dogs: Bullets & Carnage 80-82

Fucking finally. I still love Herbst, and Mihai is still badass.
Finally some story progression too, been waiting a while for that.
Nothing can top Miwa's art though. Still one of my favorite artists.

Haikyuu!! 59

Nice chapter. I like seeing some chracter development from Kageyama.

Haikyuu!! 58
tumblr_mls86hIDgJ1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Tsukishima for best lines, lol. Hilarious chapter and wholly memorable, Kageyama's smiles, grins, and high fives (the one with Hinata and their serious faces). Anyway definitely the funniest chapter in awhile.

Lol Beam alt confirmed. Please realize you can defend a point without bringing other mangas into the discussion. :)

>.>^ Nope, besides multiple accounts are ban worthy. I dunno what to feel being labeled as a Beam alt....

Just mentioned the other 2 to make a point because all 3 are similar in length aka 400+ chapters and amount of forgotten characters.

EXCLUSIVE: HBO and Guillermo del Toro are teaming on Monster, developing a potential series culled from a series of 18 volumes of Japanese Manga by author Naoki Urasawa published by Shogakukan Inc. Del Toro will co-write the story with Steven Thompson, best known for his work on Dr. Who and Sherlock. Thompson will write the pilot, which del Toro intends to direct. The thriller is about the worldwide search by a young doctor for the most evil sociopath that has ever lived. He is a 12-year old boy, and the doctor’s decision to save his life has unwittingly unleashed a Pandora’s Box that leaves the doc battling to stop a plot of mass genocide. This is certainly a departure for HBO, entering the Manga game, but for del Toro and Thompson, it allows them an incredible sandbox to play in. Del Toro will be executive producer and Thompson co-executive producer, with Angry Films’ partners Don Murphy and Susan Montford executive producing with Exile’s Gary Ungar. Shogakukan will be consulting producer.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/guillermo-del-toro-is-hatching-a-monster-of-a-series-at-hbo/

I hope it won't put me to sleep, like the anime.

survivor

Banned
If I'm gonna follow Monster... Manga or Anime?

The anime is a good adaptation of the manga that you won't be missing out on anything by watching it. So it really comes down to your preference of which medium you prefer and whether you want to put up with 18 volumes manga or 74 anime episodes.

Angry Grimace

Stephen Thompson is a hit or miss for me. Some of the chapters he wrote are very good while others are kinda meh.

I wonder if they can make a good ending this time.

As I said in the topic-thread, I don't see it making a lot of sense on HBO anyways. Monster doesn't have any sex or violence in it that's too intense for TV, which is one of those things that HBO apparently goes out of its way to find.

RedSwirl

The anime is a good adaptation of the manga that you won't be missing out on anything by watching it. So it really comes down to your preference of which medium you prefer and whether you want to put up with 18 volumes manga or 74 anime episodes.

But I hear all of the anime isn't officially available in English. What's up with that?

Angry Grimace

But I hear all of the anime isn't officially available in English. What's up with that?

It is available, its just not on DVD. You can find it on a few of the legal streaming sites, e.g. Hulu.

As I said in the topic-thread, I don't see it making a lot of sense on HBO anyways. Monster doesn't have any sex or violence in it that's too intense for TV, which is one of those things that HBO apparently goes out of its way to find.

Well maybe dosn't fit HBO portfolio but the manga (as other Kurasawa works) has a interesting premise for a show and dosn't seem an expensive endeavor.

Maybe they're gonna give it a darker tone. (I hope not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom