• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just moving this to a new post, since I keep noticing things.

In chapter 188 Isshin says "If there's anything I've truly hated for 20 years without thinking twice, it'd be the fact that I failed to save Masaki on that night." She didn't die 20 years ago obviously, since Ichigo is only 15 then--he's actually referencing what just happened in these new chapters. I wonder if anyone realized that when that chapter first came out, so many years ago, that the timeline didn't match up for him to be saying he regretted not saving her from Gran Fisher, and that it must've been for something else.

Reading on here though, he also talks about the Vizards as a group who use forbidden techniques gain the power of a hollow. He describes it like he wasn't introduced to them by Urahara 20 years prior, who very clearly said how they got their powers: from him. Then he talks about how he "saw" Gran Fisher "over ten years ago," presumably when Masaki died. But he shouldn't be able to see hollows in that gigai. So a couple inconsistencies here, unless we're gonna see a flashback to Masaki's death at some point (I'm sure we'll get one) and he does actually see Grand Fisher somehow.

There´s no inconsistencies. In chapter one Karin says that Yuzu has a weak spiritual pressure like her father. So Isshin could feel riatsu, and see shimmers and unclear vision. Isshin saying see might also mean i recognized your riatsu from that time, and not necessarily see the Grand Fisher.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";55187488]So if Uryuu's dad is all buddy buddy with Ichigo's, doesn't that mean he knew that Ichigo was a Quincy the whole time and was just fucking with Uryuu?[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

Ryuuken is the best.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
There´s no inconsistencies. In chapter one Karin says that Yuzu has a weak spiritual pressure like her father. So Isshin could feel riatsu, and see shimmers and unclear vision. Isshin saying see might also mean i recognized your riatsu from that time, and not necessarily see the Grand Fisher.

Ehhh, he was talkin about how its Arrancar form was so much different, it sounded like he had a pretty clear vision of what it looked (or felt) like "over 10 years ago," more than a blurry vision or feeling would necessarily convey. Though reading some more stuff, I guess Masaki died 6 years ago, not "over 10," so maybe he's referring to some other event. Unless that's just an actual error. Presumably we'll find out more as this flashback continues!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";55187488]So if Uryuu's dad is all buddy buddy with Ichigo's, doesn't that mean he knew that Ichigo was a Quincy the whole time and was just fucking with Uryuu?[/QUOTE]

dude, uryuu isn't even a quincy

Ehhh, he was talkin about how its Arrancar form was so much different, it sounded like he had a pretty clear vision of what it looked (or felt) like "over 10 years ago," more than a blurry vision or feeling would necessarily convey. Though reading some more stuff, I guess Masaki died 6 years ago, not "over 10," so maybe he's referring to some other event. Unless that's just an actual error. Presumably we'll find out more as this flashback continues!
There was a person on OMF who said the same thing. I don't think Isshin would make such a mistake.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
This flashback is happening 20 years before Ichigo´s birth since that was the time line when Isshin lost his powers.

Jumping back to this real quick, you mean 20 years before the series begins, not Ichigo's birth, yeah? I was doin the math after I said Masaki woulda had him in her mid-30s, but then I was like wait, that doesn't make any sense. So Isshin and Masaki meet 20 years before the series begins, and she has Ichigo 5 years later. Presumably in her early 20s. So she's 30ish when she dies.

Kurita

Beelzebub vol.13

Highlights : Oga and Baby Beel switching bodies, Fuiruichi becoming the prince's worst enemy, Furuichi the pedo, the creepy "tengu".
Oga's new power is pretty cool, can't wait to see him mastering it. Looking forward to a new arc now.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Toriko 231

At first I was like "these little bitches need to team up against her!!?" after seeing her fucked up face I feel sorry for them, they are about to get their a-holes opened up in such a bad way for being little bitches.

Jumping back to this real quick, you mean 20 years before the series begins, not Ichigo's birth, yeah? I was doin the math after I said Masaki woulda had him in her mid-30s, but then I was like wait, that doesn't make any sense. So Isshin and Masaki meet 20 years before the series begins, and she has Ichigo 5 years later. Presumably in her early 20s. So she's 30ish when she dies.

Just to clarify, Ichigo is now 17. Don't forget the timeskip after Aizen was defeated.

Masaki dies when Ichigo is 9 years old.

wonzo

Banned
Sweet Alien 4.2
sweetalien4.2.png

The perfect NTR.

Naruto 628

Hey we get to see Sakura again! But guess what? Surprise surprise, she does nothing!

Seriously what is wrong with the author? Does he hate everything with a vagina or just Sakura in particular?

Lain

Moteki chapter 1-8

I feel bad for the guy, but he doesn't help his cause. More often than not he comes off as creepy, though on his behalf it must be said that those girls are a bit shitty.
The imagination parts are pretty great

Not only are they funny for some of the references, but also the self depreciating humour hits the right notes, plus all the various info about past events

Eusis

That'd explain Uryu's dad's attitude towards him though. Why he says he's the last Quincy etc. He's the last Ishida pureblood.
Continuing the quincy bloodline was kind of in vain really, wasn't it?

Makes me wonder if the Vandenreich are mostly mixed blood though, I figured they were all long dead but when you had the twins clearly born in more modern times that made it seem that maybe they're not all or even mostly spirits (unless Kubo just didn't give a shit.)

Kurita

Moteki chapter 1-8

I feel bad for the guy, but he doesn't help his cause. More often than not he comes off as creepy, though on his behalf it must be said that those girls are a bit shitty.

Not only are they funny for some of the references, but also the self depreciating humour hits the right notes, plus all the various info about past events

I'd like to read it but IIRC the translations are fucking slow.

Does anyone know if Sun-Ken Rock is on a break? The last chapter was 14 days(!) ago and I thought it was on a weekly schedule. I need my amazing Boichi art fix!

Stinky

Lain did you know the author of Moteki was female going into it? The author introduction at the end where she pretends she is a man and it seems like such a huge self insert.. then is like jkjk im a woman.

Blew my mind

Solune

the breaker new waves -

I guess it finally happened.

The mainguy is a badass now. Like, permanently.

I said wow.

Took like two years but it's happening! Cue Ron Paul dancing like a fool.

---

shokugeki no soma -

Mmm, manly muscles and crying girls.
Oh wow guess it's time to do catch up on some manhwa
Awesome, you liked it.

BTW, if you were curious about the Solanin song and haven't seen it yet, here is what it sounds like
Ahh this is pretty cool.
Nisekoi

Wow, its as if they remembered there is a mob subplot to this whole series. Sadly, too much time in this chapter was dedicated to the worst girl :/

Marika is tied for the best.

Lain

Lain did you know the author of Moteki was female going into it? The author introduction at the end where she pretends she is a man and it seems like such a huge self insert.. then is like jkjk im a woman.

Blew my mind

Nope I didn't know. Finding out did add to the fun.

Continuing the quincy bloodline was kind of in vain really, wasn't it?

Makes me wonder if the Vandenreich are mostly mixed blood though, I figured they were all long dead but when you had the twins clearly born in more modern times that made it seem that maybe they're not all or even mostly spirits (unless Kubo just didn't give a shit.)

Spirits can actually give birth. Nobles in SS have children.

wonzo

Banned
Sekai Seifuku Sekirara Jogakukan 1-2
"Fumizuki Mai just recently moved into town and is starting her new life at school. She soon realizes that the curriculum is really weird, consisting of body fitness classes, undressing classes and extreme combat training. Mai soon realizes that her school is really a location for girls to become the most incredible women on Earth. She meets four girls who are weird but nice in their own way but their craziness and the ridiculous classes just might make Mai go crazy."

goddamn.gif

survivor

Banned
I hope you'll keep reading this. While it has it's fair share of cliché, it keeps being lighthearted and funny (at least up to where I've read, which is volume 8). Also Ninako's innocence and dumbness is... heartwarming.
Yeah, I'm not dropping it yet. I wanna see the Ren vs. Daiki rivalry to the end.

Moteki chapter 1-8

Hey, the girls are great in this manga.

I'd like to read it but IIRC the translations are fucking slow.
I feel like the translators just gave up on the manga. It's filled with dialogues to the brim and even I get tired from reading every chapter. Imagine how tedious it must be to translate all of them. Oh well, at least there is Again!! so it's not like there are no new manga from Mitsurou Kubo to read.

Wiseblade

One Piece

Wow, Oda managed to stick to one plot thread for an entire chapter! Good job!

Always fun to see Luffy find innovative new ways to be too dumb to live. And even though I know they're all fodder never to be seen after this, some of these competitors are pretty interesting.

One Piece

Wow, Oda managed to stick to one plot thread for an entire chapter! Good job!

Always fun to see Luffy find innovative new ways to be too dumb to live. And even though I know they're all fodder never to be seen after this, some of these competitors are pretty interesting.

Why do people keep assuming this, in OP of all series?

Elektel Delusion 13
tumblr_mlrkl4PH5W1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Havent read a new chapter in so long, but for trust issues to finally come up was alright for where its headed. Shunpei and Fumi, I wonder how they will confront each other about their respective troubles. Shunpei's are easier to deal with I guess since he didnt exchange information with the past love, though Fumi's...wanted by two different characters and to still model. Would like to see jealous posessive Shunpei though.

Haven't been here in a while. What did I miss?

We discussed Scott Pilgrim (books and movie) and some thought it was cool to hate Michael Cera. Sitcoms were mentioned and Kurita and I said how amazing and awesome Parks and Recs is, then someone mentioned Arrested Development for some reason and at the end we all agreed that Avatar: Sadly not the last fake Anime sucks.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Just to clarify, Ichigo is now 17. Don't forget the timeskip after Aizen was defeated.

Masaki dies when Ichigo is 9 years old.

Right, I know. Any references to 20 years were made before the timeskip, though, so I'm using that as the frame of reference.

Yonafunu

We discussed Scott Pilgrim (books and movie) and some thought it was cool to hate Michael Cera. Sitcoms were mentioned and Kurita and I said how amazing and awesome Parks and Recs is, then someone mentioned Arrested Development for some reason and at the end we all agreed that Avatar: Sadly not the last fake Anime sucks.

Michael Cera is good at what he does (play the dork), but that's it. I liked him in Scott Pilgrim, but he didn't have the right looks, imo. Fun movie though.

Avatar: The Last Airbender was cool when it came out, and I still like the adventurous tone it has. It's still fake anime though.
The Legend of Korra was horrible. The only redeeming factor that abomination had was the animation, which was good overall.

Now I'm all caught up!

Jintor

Fake Anime kicked ass. Book Two was one of the best seasons of tv I've ever seen. They blew it in S3 though and Korra was a rushed piece of nonsense

Assassination Classroom 40

Not the student I expected to take on the challenge, though I guess it goes back to the early chapter this arc about how he was able to land a blow, so it was probably expected. I would have though it would be Karma-kun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom