• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toukei Ibun2.1-3.2, end of Vol 1

Lpf9jt2.jpg

Supernatural detective story in Tokyo, at the end of the 19th century.
Sadly it's not as scary or moody as the prologue let me believe, but it's interesting nonetheless. Must be, because I like the time period. While Hirasawa and Manzou are looking for more and more clues, it seems like they're actually discovering some big family drama. Who inherits what, is the brother really as bad as the cunning wife-to-be makes it seem, all the attacks can't be a coincidence, who's the illegitimate child and all that.

Nozoki Ana all
So i was bored and decided to read this since i have not read a manga like this in years .
Man it's so hilarious bad in many was but still had me laughing .
Should read more series like this when i have nothing to once they finish for fun .

Side note had to read the last set of chapters with a separate translation while looking at the raws .
Did not feel like waiting for them to come out since i won't be going back to the series .

Solune

I was reading some news about the announcement of Yoshiyuki Sadamoto being a guest for the Milano Manga Festival (he'll be there in July) and saw this picture from the event and I thought it was cool in its own way and worth sharing:

hyo.jpg

Edit: oh, and this other is interesting simply because seeing a Japanese mangaka speak Italian is something I usually don't expect to see:
Mari Yamazaki - short interview for Milano Manga Festival

Quoting because, dat stack of manga. Also it appears Yamazaki-san resides in Chicago so I assume she's also fluent in English, quite a talented lady.

Tokei Ibun 3.3 (end of act 2) - 4.3 (act 3, part 3)

uL9x9cZ.jpg

Intriguing. This is finally getting somewhere. The brother is nothing like I expected him to be, but once again it's the woman on his side, who seems to have some sort of plan or intentions. If I had to describe the atmosphere, I'd have to say it feels a bit like Scooby Doo, but that would be too negative, but the endless chase, "everyone could be yamigozen!" and the feeling it might just be the gardener at the end, give me this feeling. Right now it's really just an interesting detective story and I'm just a bit bummed about the lack of actual supernatural horror. Still, some things have yet to be explained.

h5unK22.jpg

Go for it, Hirasawa, woo!

Really? Gaming always seemed like more of a minefield. In OT you just need to not be racist, homophobic, sexist or anything of that nature. Or a troll.

I'd say it's way easier to survive on the gaming side. Don't reply to everything that rubs you the wrong way, think before you click on the reply button (90% of the time I just go back instead of replying) and avoid stupid threads that don't even interest you.

OT, on the other hand, can be a difficult place. A member got banned once, because she quoted a slightly homophobic joke from South Park, but because English wasn't her native language, she didn't really know the real meaning. And then you have ever changing rules, like "don't whine about threads", when mods still whine about threads or the whole cunt fiasco. It's just confusing.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'd say gaming is much easier to not-get-banned in as well. I mean, it's about one subject. Just don't be a fucking troll or a massive asshole and you're covered.

With OT, you've got these mods reacting to one thing in some threads and not the other. EvilLore making topics for random shit that is recently annoying, and all types of BS.

I pretty much keep my fuckpost antics to this thread because I'm sure that if they do pay any attention to my posts, Duckroll, Shouta, and Kagari know I'm serious -100% of the time.

So fuck y'all.

I'd say it's way easier to survive on the gaming side. Don't reply to everything that rubs you the wrong way, think before you click on the reply button (90% of the time I just go back instead of replying) and avoid stupid threads that don't even interest you.

OT, on the other hand, can be a difficult place. A member got banned once, because she quoted a slightly homophobic joke from South Park, but because English wasn't her native language, she didn't really know the real meaning. And then you have ever changing rules, like "don't whine about threads", when mods still whine about threads or the whole cunt fiasco. It's just confusing.

I agree with this still the gaming side is getting heated since next gen starting .
I see a good amount of banned thanks to that .
Like stat said this only thread where i take easy since we knows each other not serious .

Toukei Ibun 4.4 - 4.6, end of Vol. 2

Ahhh, this is getting confusing and nowhere and now I have to wait for the slow translation, it seems! That sucks.

dramatis

Looks like OPM v3 didn't come with an extra chapter but atleast we got this neat little page out of it:
The picture of his place is a little befuddling. Nobody's living in his area anymore because it's so scary, so why doesn't Saitama find a bigger apartment...

Edit: oh, and this other is interesting simply because seeing a Japanese mangaka speak Italian is something I usually don't expect to see:
Mari Yamazaki - short interview for Milano Manga Festival
I figured she probably knew some European foreign language because her anecdotes for Thermae Romae mentioned that she stayed in Europe for some time (and got inspired there). She seems to speak the language well.

I agree with this still the gaming side is getting heated since next gen starting .
I see a good amount of banned thanks to that .
Like stat said this only thread where i take easy since we knows each other not serious .

Most people get banned over stupid stuff like fanboy wars and electronic toys. Good riddance, I say. The new consoles are actually the reason I'm staying out of the gaming side most of the time. Everyone seems to be in full retard mode over there. "Microsoft sucks, lol kinetic, wii u am die, lol vita, I want your babies kaz/mark cerny". Or maybe I'm just not that interested in video games anymore, I don't know.

What I do know, however, is that I prefer you guys over the gaming side. <3

Most people get banned over stupid stuff like fanboy wars and electronic toys. Good riddance, I say. The new consoles are actually the reason I'm staying out of the gaming side most of the time. Everyone seems to be in full retard mode over there. "Microsoft sucks, lol kinetic, wii u am die, lol vita, I want your babies kaz/mark cerny". Or maybe I'm just not that interested in video games anymore, I don't know.

What I do know, however, is that I prefer you guys over the gaming side. <3

The live reactions to the megatons are a GAF pastime.

There is NOTHING more entertaining than LIVE meltdowns.

See: Bayonetta 2, FFXIII 360, etc.

The picture of his place is a little befuddling. Nobody's living in his area anymore because it's so scary, so why doesn't Saitama find a bigger apartment...

I figured she probably knew some European foreign language because her anecdotes for Thermae Romae mentioned that she stayed in Europe for some time (and got inspired there). She seems to speak the language well.
The text at the beginning says that she went to Italy when she was 17 and studied in Florence.

The live reactions to the megatons are a GAF pastime.

There is NOTHING more entertaining than LIVE meltdowns.

See: Bayonetta 2, FFXIII 360, etc.
Oh, I agree with you. Watching the megatons and E3 conferences is still something I do. I just don't participate.

dramatis

Maybe he can't afford a bigger one.
That area is Danger Central, I can't imagine the rent is high.

And since no one dares venture in there, Saitama could settle in a bigger apartment and the landlord would never even check. my hypothesis is that he's just too dumb to think of that

That area is Danger Central, I can't imagine the rent is high.

And since no one dares venture in there, Saitama could settle in a bigger apartment and the landlord would never even check. my hypothesis is that he's just too dumb to think of that
He also gets way more money from Genos than he needs.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The only complaint I can see is that the kitchen is too small.

Also that there's no room for a bed, but it seems like most japnese people sleep on mats on the ground.

Stinky

Went back and checked the end of Greed Island in the manga.

Scribbles.

I found a pretty comprehensive list of Togashi's hiatus schedule

I wasnt aware that it was like this: I always thought he just took long breaks. But in reality he took long breaks AND gave his manga a crazy inconsistent release schedule when it was in the middle of arcs. I like how after a three week hiatus, he returns with 1 chapter, then takes 6 weeks off.

I feel kind of bad since I'm acting entitled and there is rumours of a sickness he might have... but really it is ridiculous.

Antiwhippy

That's what it llmay look like, but you know that deep inside, he does care about Genos. I mean, it's no coincidence that we haven't seen him with a woman since Genos moved in.

Have we seen him with a woman? Ever? :p

Food smut 0

You know what, I think I prefer this version of souma and erina.

dramatis

Have we seen him with a woman? Ever? :p
He was briefly in the same panel as Mosquito Girl, albeit it was to perpetrate a horrible act of violence against a woman.

Does the seaweed monster count? I have no idea if the monster was female.

And unfortunately Saitama arrived on the scene too late to meet Hotness and Loli.

Antiwhippy

He was briefly in the same panel as Mosquito Girl, albeit it was to perpetrate a horrible act of violence against a woman.

Does the seaweed monster count? I have no idea if the monster was female.

And unfortunately Saitama arrived on the scene too late to meet Hotness and Loli.

Wait, when was that? I don't remember hotness and loli at all.

Also, reading food smut 0 again, I actually do think this role reversal works really well for both souma and erina. The current format is much safer for serialisation though I guess.

Trinity Seven 1

Teenage boy, check
Younger, big titted girl, who lives with the boy and is related to him, check
Boy gropes girl's tits, check
High school setting, check
Some catastrophe, check
Big titted allies, check

Can it get even more generic and boring? The only good thing about it is probably its self awareness. I don't even know how this got on my list, to be honest.

Is it good or should I drop it?

survivor

Banned
I have no idea how I missed this a month ago, but Ichigo Takano is actually finally back with a new manga, Re Collection.
bhfdupcccaadwbsa4yt7.jpg

It tells the story of a professor who has amnesia and a mysterious individual will appear in his life.

Well at least she is not quitting manga after the Orange incident. I guess she was just fed up working with Betsuma and wasn't actually tired of writing manga.

Antiwhippy

Trinity Seven 1

Teenage boy, check
Some catastrophe, check
Big titted allies, check

Can it get even more generic and boring? The only good thing about it is probably its self awareness. I don't even know how this got on my list, to be honest.

It gets ok. The self-awareness is the best part of it.

The main character is also surprisingly nonchalant for a harem series. He's a pervert and happy to flaunt it. No "OH MY GOD I TOTALLY DIDN"T MEAN TO TOUCH YOUR TITS IT WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING BLAH BLAH BLAH".

It gets ok. The self-awareness is the best part of it.

The main character is also surprisingly nonchalant for a harem series. He's a pervert and happy to flaunt it. No "OH MY GOD I TOTALLY DIDN"T MEAN TO TOUCH YOUR TITS IT WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING BLAH BLAH BLAH".

Oh yeah, I got that during the part where he groped the little cousin again and then complimented the magician's big tits. The thing is, harem is actually not what I'm looking for. I'd still read it, if it has other qualities, though.

survivor

Banned
Oh yeah, I got that during the part where he groped the little cousin again and then complimented the magician's big tits. The thing is, harem is actually not what I'm looking for. I'd still read it, if it has other qualities, though.

It doesn't, it's just a repetitive harem series that gets stale very quickly.

upandaway

Main computer just had its last breath yesterday :( and it feels so weird reading on the other screen. I guess I'll take a little break (unless it's one of the more discussed stuff) from manga.

Trinity Seven 1

Teenage boy, check
Some catastrophe, check
Big titted allies, check

It's a hilariously cliche first chapter (even I commented on that fact when I read it, so you KNOW it's ridiculous). It doesn't really stop with the cliches ever, but what's important is how the characters deal with them, which isn't cliche at all. For that point to be as good as it is, cliches are sort of necessary.

When I put it like that it sounds a bit like TWGOK.. I do get the same vibe from both of them sometimes.

Trinity Seven 2

tqmIC6y.jpg

I thought that was kinda funny, but yeah, I looks like perverted Harry Potter on an all-girls school. The shipping wars for this manga must be insane.

The second chapter was much better. No stupid cliches so far and a good amount of self-awareness made this pretty bearable. But I have the feeling that nothing is ever going to happen, which is why this could get frustrating at some point.

The magic ninja girl is the best so far, btw.

It doesn't, it's just a repetitive harem series that gets stale very quickly.

Repetitive and stale after only 26 chapters? Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom