• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I usually only lurk this thread, but I need catharsis:

Bleach - recent flashback chapters

I can't quit you, Bleach. When Kubo limits himself to a small number of characters "on screen", he's actually a pretty good storyteller.

And yet this is only temporary. When the flashback is over, it will suck again.
Another one joins our ranks.

wonzo

Banned
He can do it. Mario is the future. It's just that all these scanslators and freeloaders should be ashamed of themselves. Shueisha were expecting big things for Naruto in America in 2005 but it never materialized. Can't even crack the airwaves here. There was a ton of shame. Jump editors and the Yakuza forced Kishi to continue Naruto for many years to make up for lost profits.
here it is folks, mangaf novid

wonzo

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56876454]Fucking mangaf is the worst word ever. At least use manGAFans or something that actually makes sense.[/QUOTE]
no

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56876454]Fucking mangaf is the worst word ever. At least use manGAFans or something that actually makes sense. I don't get why you need a label anyway.[/QUOTE]

You can take the Man out of the ManGAF, but you can't take the GAF out of the Man. Therefore ManGAF.

The whole label thing creeps me out. I dunno what the whole desperation over the sense of community deal is. Hell, I can't even remember more than two or three names from these threads and I've been posting in here for years.

You can take the Man out of the ManGAF, but you can't take the GAF out of the Man. Therefore ManGAF.

But there's only children in here.

dumbyugi

Yellow Gate END

I feel this probably could have gone on for a few more volumes and still been entertaining but at least it had a proper ending. I thought all of the characters were fun and the art was good enough but the story wasn't great. Only three people actually tried to become the head and none of them were even villians in the end. I will check out the authors other works in the future. 7/10

EDIT: ManGAF is dumb. Why not just MangaGAF?

Team Medical Dragon

For some reason I still try to keep up with this, but somewhere along the line it's become stale to the point that it's unreadable. I could literally fall asleep reading it.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56876454]At least use manGAFans or something that actually makes sense. I don't get why you need a label anyway.[/QUOTE]
This is worse than ManGAGAF.

Tadashii Kodomo no Tsukurikata! 24

g5uZ4FEl.png

WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT HAIR. IT'S LIKE A FREAKING CAPE.

Who cares what it is call once people understand what people are saying .
Be it MangaGAF , Mangaf etc etc

My problem other than potentially being lumped in with random people is that nobody outside of this thread is going to know what mangaf means. It's never going to read as manga readers to anybody, defeating the whole point of an already dumb idea.

Don't you hate when someone says "oh gaffers are a bunch of bandwagoning elitist gamers incapable of independent thought or reasoned discussion" or "oh, redditors are a bunch of cocksucking liberal potheads that ruin memes in 2 hours" or "wow feminists are a bunch of cunts that can't take a joke"?

Whenever you willingly label yourself you're defining your personality by a community of people you don't necessarily get along with and inviting strangers to treat you dismissively.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56877368]My problem other than potentially being lumped in with random people is that nobody outside of this thread is going to know what mangaf means. It's never going to read as manga readers to anybody, defeating the whole point of an already dumb idea.

Don't you hate when someone says "oh gaffers are a bunch of bandwagoning elitist gamers incapable of independent thought or reasoned discussion" or "oh, redditors are a bunch of cocksucking liberal potheads that ruin memes in 2 hours" or "wow feminists are a bunch of cunts that can't take a joke"?

Whenever you willingly label yourself you're defining your personality by a community of people you don't necessarily get along with and inviting strangers to treat you dismissively.[/QUOTE]

So if you don't consider yourself as part of the community, why do you get annoyed at how the community decides to label themselves?

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";56877368]My problem other than potentially being lumped in with random people is that nobody outside of this thread is going to know what mangaf means. It's never going to read as manga readers to anybody, defeating the whole point of an already dumb idea.

Whenever you willingly label yourself you're defining your personality by a community of people you don't necessarily get along with and inviting strangers to treat you dismissively.[/QUOTE]

Being a member of GAF \ certain internet boards going to get you label .
Just being in certain threads or talking about certain topics it's the same way .
There are good and bad aspects of it but i not going to worry my head if it don't effect me offline .

Corsick

Do any of you read Oyaji? I've no idea how popular it is, but it's like a gigantic dose of testosterone with a family oriented slant :p. At times it is a bit touching, it's about a dad who left for years and is trying to reconnect with his family.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think Assassination Classroom will last for at most 3 yrs, no way he can drag it out to ten.

Well, there is one way, if they decide to do some sort of Golgo 13 styled Spinoff with the characters doing stuff years later. But this defiantly seems like something that should have a nice ending in a few years. I'm expecting it to make it to around 200 chapters.

There's 50 pages of boredom that await you.

To be fair, the Mario 6 page chapter that just popped up seems different from that big one that came out a few weeks ago.

Seems like the one we saw before was the original concept he'd been working on since 10 years ago and this new one is the actual thing he's shopping to editors.

Trinity Seven 3-7

This is finally getting somewhere. I think I even saw something that resembled your average shonen plot, even if it was full of cliches. The bluntness of the MC is somewhat refreshing. This really might be another regular read for me, mostly because all the harem stuff isn't that bad/creepy yet. When they talked about being partners, I didn't expect that they're supposed to be a couple, though. That was fast.

Kurita

He can do it. Mario is the future. It's just that all these scanslators and freeloaders should be ashamed of themselves. Shueisha were expecting big things for Naruto in America in 2005 but it never materialized. Can't even crack the airwaves here. There was a ton of shame. Jump editors and the Yakuza forced Kishi to continue Naruto for many years to make up for lost profits.

h4OrEHX.jpg

dumbyugi

Iinari Princess 1-3

A princess who goes to a Japanese school goes to the schools roof to fart but is seen by the MC. So she does the obvious thing and gets him to kiss her foot and become her lover. The MC takes advantage of this chance and gives her arse a squeeze, this isn't enough for him though so he proceeds to lick her pussy why he's down there. This is borderline H that sits on the very edge. I like that the main girl is totally fine with all the sexual stuff they do and isn't telling the MC off like so many main girls do.

Trinity Seven 8-10

sdpaqDB.jpg

I bet stuff like Fairy Tail would be much easier to read, if it wouldn't take itself so seriously and rather have an approach like this.

Levi continues to be the best girl.

The more serious parts, where Arata learns his stuff were okay and I suppose I shouldn't complain about this, but the constant groping of the teacher's tits is starting to annoy me.

Now that we have six of the Trinity Seven, I guess it's going to be about finding the last girl next. But I really hope that Arata's book is actually super evil or something. Just to mix things up a bit.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama
Last arc was no that great but last 2 or 3 chapter were good .
Good to know it's ending soon which is the reason i start back reading .

Side note i read more manga than i thought i would since the big 3 was on break .

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Trinity Seven 8-10

sdpaqDB.jpg

I bet stuff like Fairy Tail would be much easier to read, if it wouldn't take itself so seriously and rather have an approach like this.

Levi continues to be the best girl.

The more serious parts, where Arata learns his stuff were okay and I suppose I shouldn't complain about this, but the constant groping of the teacher's tits is starting to annoy me.

Now that we have six of the Trinity Seven, I guess it's going to be about finding the last girl next. But I really hope that Arata's book is actually super evil or something. Just to mix things up a bit.

It's a harem manga man. Guess what his book actually is.

Trinity Seven, 11-14

I guess we're at the predictable part of the story, where the former and lost member of the Seven vanished a while ago and is back now, but super evil or whatever. Her outfit is questionable at best. The fight was quite boring as well and couldn't even be saved with that hot sister-on-sister scene. Now it's on to the training arc, yay!

Caught up with haikyuu!! Not sure what I can read now...

One Punch-Man (superhero who defeats his enemies with one punch. it's amazing as it sounds and has fantastic art)
Molester Man (short and sweet, nothing like the title suggests)
7 Seeds (longer read with a slow beginning, but absolutely worth it)
Berserk
Green Blood (spaghetti western, fantastic art, relatively short)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It'd take me a long ass time to post what I've read...

The ship salvaging sounds cool though ill give that a bash

Alright, if you want to give that a crack, heed my advice: like 7 seeds, give it a few chapters for it to really develop. The main character can be annoying, but it gets incredible, much like 7 seeds.

Also has some of the best bromance in manga.

Trinity Seven, 15-18.5

One of the most heartwarming scenes I've ever read in a manga.

Now this second round is much better. Very little training, but a jump to a different fight instead. It was nice to see the headmaster a bit in action, even though his Muten Roshi-style defeat was a bit lame. That Araten's Grimoire is a BDSM loli is kinda ... disgusting? I don't know. I definitely don't like it. I hope she won't be in her human form all the time now. I can't say the last fight ended as expected, but it didn't surprise me either. Neither does the other super evil mage, who's apparently the lost cousin. Eh, whatever.

(On a different note: Pythagoras being an ancient mage definitely explains his math)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom