• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks cooler than you think. Everyone else has weapons, your protagonist doesn't, so there's a degree of tension (although not here since this is THE PROTAGONIST in the pilot chapter of his story). Part of aikido's schtick is using an opponent's offense against him.

Mutou Black seems to be heavy on the throws though.

Well now that seems way interesting, especially if protagonist can still take on these insurmountable foes with no weaponry at all.

You keep saying this, and I still don't know what that means.

http://i.imgur.com/paJZ04Xl.jpg[/mg]

I've seen wishful thinking before, but dayum![/QUOTE]

That does remind of Humanity Has Declined, Y is easily the most relatable and female character Ive ever encountered in anime. Why couldn't she be lead character and have her own spinoff.

Kurita

Diamond no Ace 57
soNV69A.png

This scene was pretty funny, and it shows that while the characters are having a 13 pages long dialogue the match is still going on! Even the MC is suprised :lol
And I also still love the fact that the MC isn't always playing, so you can enjoy character development for the other characters, in this case Tanba, the former ace of the team.
They aren't just here to stay in the background.

What a cruel way to end the chapter :

Variante 15-16

4R436Zc.jpg

When I made that nano machines joke earlier, I didn't think that the story would seriously make an MGS and turn out like that.

Aiko's father was a chimera, he kills her mother, Aiko get's adopted, the father comes back, kills her foster parents, Aiko attacks him, somehow rips his arm off and the arm fuses with her body. Right.

She literally has her father's arm attached to her body, who possesses her at times and protects her from dangerous situations.

I didn't know Kojima was this influential.

Anyway, after the shocking truth, it continues with the usual Syfy D-Movie plot. Tis is all a scheme of some cultists who run the multi-million dollar research company and want to resurrect the ultimate chimera to erase all humans on earth and create a new species. Yes, seriously. And for that, they need our beloved main character, because she has her father's arm.

The only good part was that the director turned out to be a total asshole.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No, they need to do Soul Catcher(s). I would like to at least have some context behind that which Im seeing. (Theres a mermaid in the story?)
tumblr_mmym4eCplj1qbxqfpo1_500.png

What's with the weird angle of the guy's hand? Like, how can he have him arm bent and his gigantic hand on the guy's shoulder at that angle?

Sounds like a Steven Seagal movie.

If Seagal ever did a sci-if/horror movie, this would be his script. It has everything cliche and bad. Tragic back stories and flashbacks, evil biochemical research corporations, an agent that discovers the horrible truth, a former agent as journalist in disguise, who helps the current agent and is also the former lover of the woman who leads the research project, a final shoot-out between the evil corp army and Mr Former Agent and her Miss Dr Lover (I assume both get killed), a dramatic flip phone crushing scene, possessed body parts ... I'm sure I forgot more.

Kurita

Diamond no Ace 60

JqujaY5.png

Shading can transform anyone in a real badass heh
Man, 60 chapters and the tournament still hasn't started. I'm not complaining though, it's cool to follow the team's training, and I'm definitely hyped for the summer tournament.
Slow pacing doesn't bother me when it comes to sports mangas.

Variante 19, end

It's not the worst manga ever, but definitely the worst I've read. What a miserable pile of shit this is. Cliche and unoriginal as possible, terrible characters and a story that would make even Kojima sick. Even the end was absolutely terrible.

XniiMvk.jpg

Yes, it hurts. My brain fucking hurts after this.

Kurita

Diamond no Ace 63

First match of the tournament finally started, really looking forward to Furuya's performance... Not much to say aside from that. Jun was hilarious as always, one of my favorite characters.

Hideout 1-2

kobiDrB.jpg

This is sooooo good. The story is really good so far, the art is absolutely fantastic (same mangaka who does Green Blood) and the suspense and horror is there. At one point I was even afraid to turn the page, seriously. Look at those eyes! It's so fucking creepy, it still gives me the chills.

Disclaimer: I'm sitting here alone in my apartment, it's completely dark, no music, no light source other than the display of my iPad. Perfect mood for some good horror.

Akito

Hideout is fantastic.

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. 30
iZ5oAoJhBxJ2I.jpg

Oh my god Uka, why you so moe. The anime will be my downfall if they stay close to the manga.

Hideout 3-5

2wfRfYp.jpg

Sadly, the feeling of suspense and horror is gone, but that doesn't matter anymore. it's still really good. I really like the pacing and back and forth between the present and the flashback that shows how it came to this. Miki's comeback was unexpected and yet so good. I can't wait to see how it all ends.

Fairy tail

Again with comedy and mix of seriousness.

Not working out so well. The Lucy fanservice was taken to a new level though with this chapter. Erza, Jellal and Milli should be resolved easily enough with nakama power.

Can't wait to read whats inside Future Lucy's journal. Might explain what exactly happened over there and who died in battle.

Kenichi

Kind of a weak chapter after the shocking cliffhanger last week.

I mean it was basically confirmed that Tanaka's family is dead if not in a coma or something with the baby lost to Ogata's hands.

Expecting more from the next chapter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Chitoge can't even use her dere properly. The tsuntsun's just too strong.

Variante 19, end

It's not the worst manga ever, but definitely the worst I've read. What a miserable pile of shit this is. Cliche and unoriginal as possible, terrible characters and a story that would make even Kojima sick. Even the end was absolutely terrible.

Yes, it hurts. My brain fucking hurts after this.

So uh...exposed breasts are allowed? Pretty sure that image needs to be sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom