• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Diamond no Ace 65
tvdGBEw.png

Awww yiiiiiss

Yae no Sakura 1-3

N6Cxo4r.jpg

Takes manga takes place in Japan, 1863, and follows the life of Yaeko Yamamoto.

A dramatization of the real life of Yaeko Yamamoto. Over 100 years ago, Yaeko broke traditional Japanese stereotypes, gender, and honor to become a gun-warrior in defense of her homeland of Aizu.

I really liked what I read so far, seeing how she's that little girl that stands out in any way, who's fascinated by guns and science and with a father who absolutely refuses to accept her attitude. All of that in a time, where Japan is on the verge to be taken over by foreign forces and guns were seems as the weapons only cowards would use. It's just a shame that it's on a monthly release schedule. :/

IHaveIce

Banned
Fairy Tail
Mashima can't stop being Mashima, could he finally drop the battle manga trick and draw hentai? It is clearly the thing he wants to do

wonzo

Banned
wahjah moe 41

She starts off with a somewhat dumb yet workable idea and as usual it goes to complete shit in the end. The concerned girl wearing the dog suit and/or the third middle-school friend need to make a comeback and sort this shit out!

TWGOK 228

keima's p. cute in that getup

This is Xena

xena-warrior-princess-lucy-lawless-1.jpg

And look, the face is completely the same.

We're not talking about Leon - The Professional Gary Oldman and Hanibal - Gary Oldman here.

Come on, now. It's like saying you didn't recognize Chris Tucker in The 5th Element, because of his outfit and hair color.

I just like making fun of people who can't believe that someone else didn't recognize an actor. It's like my brother showing me some old-ass song and acting surprised when I don't know which hip-hop track sampled it.

Now that I know that she's the actress who played Xena I can see it but before that? Especially when it's been about a decade since I last watched Xena.

And now I just remembered that I forgot that one girl's name. Again.

I'm sorry kastenbro :(

redlemon

TWGOK 228

Fuck this shit. This arc needs to end, please. Someone kill me.

Funny I felt like it's the start of of a comeback. It's back to Keima manipulating events to his favour which is really the core of the series. For a while he's just being pushed around by circumstances so it's good to see him back in the driving seat.

Wiseblade

The World God Only Knows 228

This is becoming way more drawn out than I hoped or expected.

Funny I felt like it's the start of of a comeback. It's back to Keima manipulating events to his favour which is really the core of the series. For a while he's just being pushed around by circumstances so it's good to see him back in the driving seat.

Be he isn't in the driver's seat. He isn't even in his proper body.

I just like making fun of people who can't believe that someone else didn't recognize an actor. It's like my brother showing me some old-ass song and acting surprised when I don't know which hip-hop track sampled it.

Now that I know that she's the actress who played Xena I can see it but before that? Especially when it's been about a decade since I last watched Xena.

And now I just remembered that I forgot that one girl's name. Again.

I'm sorry kastenbro :(

It's all good, we're not here to agree on everything, are we?

The World God Only Knows 228

This is becoming way more drawn out than I hoped or expected.

Be he isn't in the driver's seat. He isn't even in his proper body.
Exactly, and I have the feeling it's going to be one rank per chapter from now on.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Getenrou 3-9

http://i.imgur.com/0tP5syZ.jpg[IMG]

I couldn't stop reading, so I decided to read the rest in one batch.

Getenrou starts as a nice little collection of short stories, set in the future, and what connects them all are either the protagonists, or Getenrou, the building, where they live in. My favorite story is probably the third one, about the girl who trashes her home robot, because she's sick of it. The little twist at the end was really nice.

Starting with chapter 4, it's one big murder story that features our characters from the first chapter as adults. It's actually a pretty decent sci-fi story about robots, AI, protection of robots and all that. It took me a bit off guard, because I didn't expect it after the first two chapters. A total genre shift, as some would say. And the end was completely fucked up. It's a great read and I can only recommend it.[/QUOTE]

Aw yiss. It is pretty damn amazing.

Now read the authors other work, Soredemo machi Wa Mawatteiru. It's also pretty amazing.

Or alternatively you can watch the anime, which was a pretty great adaptation.

Aw yiss. It is pretty damn amazing.

Now read the authors other work, Soredemo machi Wa Mawatteiru. It's also pretty amazing.

Or alternatively you can watch the anime, which was a pretty great adaptation.

My mind is still a bit blown about the development. I absolutely love that kind of stuff, discussion about robotic laws, artificial life forms and how they should be treated and things like that and I absolutely didn't expect it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, the twist was so central to tying the seemingly disparate stories together that I felt bad about televising it too much when I tried to get people to read it. :p

Solune

Man, Kis really knows how to close out a fucking chapter. The last few chapters of Naruto were really good but nothing tops that last page of 630. I am fucking pumped for this shit.

Any suggestions for Slice-of-life manga? Naruto is the only manga I actively read.

GTO
Hotman
Nodame Cantabile
Usagi Drop

Man, Kis really knows how to close out a fucking chapter. The last few chapters of Naruto were really good but nothing tops that last page of 630. I am fucking pumped for this shit.

Any suggestions for Slice-of-life manga? Naruto is the only manga I actively read.

Onani Master Kurosawa is a rite of passage for many of us in this thread.

You'll hate it at first, but the ending is honestly worth the whole read.

Onani Master Kurosawa--overrated? please.

Absolutely. The characters are terrible all the way through. I still don't know why I should care about the MC or the little girl and just because he has a nice little human moment at the end, it doesn't make the rest of the manga automatically better.

E: seriously, I absolutely hated the girl from the deepest bottom of my heart and wished she'd died. That's how bad it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom