• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Good, because I just watched the first episode and it almost put me to sleep.
First episode is filler, don't pay attention to it.

And I'm sure you know this but wacky comedy needs to build up the repeatable jokes before they become funny hence the 25 episodes thing.

Wiseblade

It's a charming series with some incredibly high production values.

iblmEf4pc7ODJn.gif

Cwarrior

Gintama has actually much lower ratings then one piece,detective conan,Toriko,rerun of one piece,Hunterxhunter and magi, the reason the dvd sells is cause it appeals to the otaku/fujoshi crowd which are pretty much the only people that buy anime.

If the gintama anime is better then the manga then dear god I can't begin to imagine how insanely boring the manga must be.I've spent quite some time watching gintama back to back with kenshin this year, took my 2 years to force myself to make it too episode 30 after being bored to hell and back I couldn't take no more, the constant sentimental moments are done so bad, I felt nothing but agony, frustration and immense boredom.

Kurita

Actually I wanted to continue watching the Gintama anime (I've watched like 6 episodes but I read 8 volumes of the manga)...
Since we're all talking about it now I guess I'll watch it.

How many episodes of the first season can I skip to avoid the characters introduction?

Gintama has actually much lower ratings then one piece,dective conan,Toriko,rerun of one piece,Hunterxhunter and magi, the reason the dvd sells is cause it appeals to the otaku/fujoshi crowd which are pretty much the only people that buy anime.

If the gintama anime is better then the manga then dear god I can't begin the imagine how insanely boring the manga must beI've spent quite some time watching gintama back to back with kenshin this year, took my 2 years to force myself to make it too episode 30 after being bored to hell and back I couldn't take no more.

Are you kidding. I actually burst out laughing while reading the manga at times. It's funny as shit.

And no I've never seen the anime. I usually steer away from Jump-based animes.

Draxal

Are you kidding. I actually burst out laughing while reading the manga at times. It's funny as shit.

And no I've never seen the anime. I usually steer away from Jump-based animes.

Anime is better then the manga, got some top rate voice actors. And well the artist isn't actually the strongest artist in the world so nothing is really lost in translation there.

upandaway

It's a trap, isn't it? I'll just get deported to AnimeGAF as soon as I start.
I.. don't think it's that big of a deal? The content is identical, and it's not like you'll spam the thread forever. Stopping you would be as silly as forcing you to bold "Gintama chapter xx" instead of "Gintama episode equivalent" and change nothing else about the post.

Worst case, the Gintama thread is pretty cool. It's dead though.

Stinky

I read a it of the manga and it didn't really appeal to me. I saw a page of serious bit and it looked cool, but I know that if I'm going into it, it would be for comedy.

I might watch the anime because peer pressure rulez.

EDIT: ^I think that boat sailed long ago after several pages devolved into Harry Potter discussion. Post wherever y'all like is what I think (as long as it doesn't clog up the thread or whatever).

Kurita

It's kinda hard to get into AnimeGAF. That thread moves way too fast.

True, but when MangaGAF moves slowly it's cool to read it.

Most of my posts in the Anime OT are about J-dramas anyway since I only watch Space Brothers and Jojo :lol
That's the only place where I can talk about dramas so...

wonzo

Banned
I think you should go watch gintama, In fact I think all of you guys should go watch gintama from the start and feel the same painful boredom I felt.
Well if this isn't testament to just how great the Gintama anime is then I just don't know what is.

dramatis

To be honest, with Gintama, you don't really have to watch in order, you can quite possibly just pick an episode, check summary to see if it's not in an arc, and then go.

Akito

I'd like to see a J-Drama thread, it might get me properly into J-Drama again, I am even following a new series right now after several years hiatus.

survivor

Banned
I'd like to see a J-Drama thread, it might get me properly into J-Drama again, I am even following a new series right now after several years hiatus.

There was a jdrama thread but it died cause not a lot of people care about watching sappy badly acted drama.

survivor

Banned
I got more out of the first chapter of this manga than I do out of most manga period. Akimi Yoshida is such an incredible mangaka. It's a shame she isn't more popular outside of Japan.

I just read all the available chapters and I can sorta why it won assuming it kept a consistent level of quality. I really gotta find time to read Banana Fish now.

Neon Genesis Evangelion v6 ( 34 - 40)

Checking a character for vital signs after a fatal accident crushing the hearts of Shinji Ikari, Rei, Ayanami, whats her face, and even Ritsuko...then talking about his love of bicycling in the writer comments on the next page...I cant. Toji had such personality and presence her and really good chemistry and interaction with the cast that the whole event really became quite a page turned and felt a bit more intimate and emotional (especially when he collapsed in front of shinji and all desperate and emotional there right before). Ill miss his super heavy accent.

I wonder how much research they did for this, all that random dead sea scrolls, the Spear of Longinus, etc.

Stinky

Neon Genesis Evangelion v6 ( 34 - 40)

Checking a character for vital signs after a fatal accident crushing the hearts of Shinji Ikari, Rei, Ayanami, whats her face, and even Ritsuko...then talking about his love of bicycling in the writer comments on the next page...I cant. Toji had such personality and presence her and really good chemistry and interaction with the cast that the whole event really became quite a page turned and felt a bit more intimate and emotional (especially when he collapsed in front of shinji and all desperate and emotional there right before). Ill miss his super heavy accent.

I wonder how much research they did for this, all that random dead sea scrolls, the Spear of Longinus, etc.

I really loved
Toji's death
in the anime. It was so brutal.

I didn't think he was really developed before that though, but he does have a bit more stuff in the manga, with the freckles girl. It killed me in the manga when she was making a boxed lunch for him after he was crushed.

survivor

Banned
Never! Unless he becomes totally evil and drops the smug asshole act.

One day you will see the light.

One cool thing about the manga is how we are 19 chapters in and still nothing much is known about the bad guys or whatever is behind the door outside of the little bugs. I'm enjoying the manga's focus on the cast of characters and their daily adventures a lot. Now if we only got more Shizuka chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom