• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's a wholesome well-directed, well-written, well-animated anime featuring cute girls.

image.php

I think you're at least partly right, I just couldn't resist

bigkrev

Swagamoto

You guys weren't kidding about this. I actually laughed out loud at the part where his chair gets pulled out from under him and and it has no effect on him.

Now who do I need to blow to get more chapters translated?

upandaway

I'm kinda scared to pick Deadman Wonderland back up.. maybe I should wait until it's finished.

I won't lie, it felt like it pulled a small Air Gear on me for a little bit towards the hiatus there.

survivor

Banned
I'm kinda scared to pick Deadman Wonderland back up.. maybe I should wait until it's finished.

I won't lie, it felt like it pulled a small Air Gear on me for a little bit towards the hiatus there.

It's almost over anyway so you shouldn't be waiting a long time.

Unless I'm forgetting some bad guy or another leftover plotline, the Wretched Egg is the only thing left now.

upandaway

It's almost over anyway so you shouldn't be waiting a long time.

Unless I'm forgetting some bad guy or another leftover plotline, the Wretched Egg is the only thing left now.
Yeah that's the main contributor to the consideration. I can't see it lasting 10 more chapters.

Number 5 Vols 1 and 2

Matsumoto's style here is radically different from in Takemitsu Zamurai. Where the art from that series was pretty obviously influenced by traditional Japanese painting, Number 5's inspiration is harder to place. It reminds me a bit of psychedelic album covers from the 60s and 70s. It doesn't have the stark compositional purity that Zamurai does, but the more busy approach here does fit the surrealist bent in the story.

Edit: Realized what else the style made me think of--a Phillip Dick novel. I want to see Matsumoto or Daisuke Igarashi do an adaptation of Ubik.

survivor

Banned
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vol 8

Alpha explorations and adventures have been very fun so far. I always wanted to see more of the world and before it was only possible through the old lady's flashbacks and Ayase, but now we got Alpha fully adventuring exploring new cities and places.

The new robot, Nai brought up a good point. We haven't really seen any male robots before. I always thought that Ashinano is just baiting yuri fans, but maybe there is a more interesting reason as to why male robots don't survive that long.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I really hope TWGOK is done with that awful side story crap.

survivor

Banned
I like Utsubora's English cover.

It's pretty much similar cover to the Japanese one but the white background somehow makes it better. Also seeing how this will be an omnibus release, I hope they find a way to include the cover for the second volume. I haven't read anything by Nakamura outside of Sora to Hara, but this one has pretty good plot summary so I'm excited it for it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Berserk 16

Weird that this manga is pretty open to nudity, yet uses anime anatomy to censor out griffith's dick.

It's too glorious to see.

I just want to say that all these people reading Berserk got me to go back and read the first chapter to refresh my memory and I completely forgot it starts with Gutts balls deep in some girl (who then turns into a demon). Talk about setting the tone.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Berserk 21

Huh, so I guess this is the first hints of the supernatural in Gutt's life.

Also damn casca, straight up cold blooded towards gutts there.

survivor

Banned
Aishiteruze Baby vol 1

This is like Usagi Drop all over again. Except instead of adults with real life problems, we have dumb high school teenagers with their stupid romance problems.

finally catch up with the manga. man, I wish Griffith die a horrible death, and it was really annoying to watch pretty much every character in the manga worships this guy.

some questions, I probably already know the answer, but just to make sure,
is the disfigured baby that show up from time to time is Guts kid? and it end up being Griffith's host, man I'm hating Griffith even more now

Tokyo Esp part 2/chapter 27

So we go from a protagonist that can phase through walls to one that makes boxes...

Well, this should be fun. Still a billion times better than Ga-Rei.

Jintor

What A Wonderful World 1

I think my Solanin glands are acting up. Need moar, moar! Well actually I need to read this law textbook first instead

Antiwhippy

Berserk 35

Man, they really made casca look weak as hell eh?

Also how fucking sharp is gutt's sword? Dude seems like he can cut through anything.

survivor

Banned
What A Wonderful World 1

I think my Solanin glands are acting up. Need moar, moar! Well actually I need to read this law textbook first instead

Must resist temptations to reread the manga.

I really have hard time trying to remember Asano's short stories. Also my other problem is trying to keep track of all the characters in the short stories and keep wondering if they appeared in a previous chapter or not just due to their similarity. At least What a Wonderful World has this neat character connections chart.

Antiwhippy

Berserk 62

Guts.

No. Stop.

8mHCydO.png

What are you doing? Gah.

Man, the downfall of griffith and the hawks was amazingly swift. Just one moment of insecurity and frustration, and years of work and ambition just comes crashing down. Fucking griffith.

Also man, the art in this manga can be beautiful.

Antiwhippy

Berserk 103

Hooooooooooooooooooly fuck.

You know, I kinda know the reputation of this manga, but I don't think I can ever be prepared for that. The death, the violence, the horrific hellscape, motherfucking griffith, and the sheer sense of despair.

Fucking griffith man. Sacrificing his platoon to gain godhood, and in the most horrific way possible. Also casca. Poor casca.

The art during the eclipse was so beautiful too. The imagery seems straight out of the divine comedy. The landscape was beautiful, the monster designs were amazing, as are the god hands.

Argh. I think I need to rest for awhile before I continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom