• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Berserk 126

Also want to say, Gut's looking more and more insane is incredibly entertaining.

opOcWdi.png

Antiwhippy

Berserk 131

How is Guts even still alive, really.

Like, in this fight against the queen bee thing alone he fell down from the sky 2 times.

Antiwhippy

To be fair the story is pretty damn good.

Also authors taking a hiatus are the worst.

edit: also, just noticed something really weird.

How come Guts has no nipples?

Fairy Tail 324

Alright. I'm starting to believe that this whole dragon invasion is never going to happen.

Wow Mashima! You actually killed off a character! Oh wait.

Ugh. Hurry up Jellal. Let's finish this arc up already.

Antiwhippy

After reading your post, it's on my backlog right now. This and Skip Beat, one of these days I will try to finish them.

It is full off early shoujo tropes and it can be pretty corny, but I still love it to death.

Skip beat though, same premise, but I feel it's more about shoujo bullshit than the acting from what I've read.

FT

Bwahahahah. Yes, i love seeing them sad. Predictable, Natsu will unite his lightning with his fire attacks. He did it before but now it will be much more powerful.

Fairy Tail 324

Excellent Sting pose on the cover. Hopefully Mashima draws more. Rather emotional chapter, not the Lucy part, couldnt feel nothing from it, but just Natsu's tears and his punch through emotions. I hope he makes the right the decision when the time comes.

Fairy Tail 324

WTF Mashima you have such good emotional buildup but its always goes kaput near the end.

Like the reaction and bad blood he creates goes to waste. Its really irritating since the beginning of the manga. Natsu is angry, how f***ing dull because his words don't do his emotions justice.

Future Lucy dies and the best you do is punch the guy back and say a few words while crying. I mean really Mashima! Its a decent cliffhanger but not good enough.

Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan 6
tumblr_mk2amyGQoz1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Class rep Hairo is hilarious, that hot blooded nature over a simple dodgeball game and everyone being all into it. Poor Saiki having to live up to expectations. I wish Kaidou had more of a role.

Hope chapters roll out faster now, one of JUMP's best.

Himananode Hajimete Mimashita. 1
tumblr_mk2bjiKUHC1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Pretty hilarious start chapter and fairly good art. Rin has so much to put up with but seeing his evolving reaction to his childhood friend, Maki, whose just quite silly and noticing the smallest things and even needing help with just simple stuff, is rather fun and enjoyable. Final few pages were really good though wonder what will happen in the next chapters, hopefully their friendship wont crumble or hard feelings are shared. Rin must stay.

Steroyd

Fairy Tail 324

Excellent Sting pose on the cover. Hopefully Mashima draws more. Rather emotional chapter, not the Lucy part, couldnt feel nothing from it, but just Natsu's tears and his punch through emotions. I hope he makes the right the decision when the time comes.

The Lucy part is the emotional part.

Do you genuinely not see the Misogyny in your posts!?

Fairy Tail

Haha this plot takes me back to X-Men where Bishop goes back in time to stop a certain event, and then Cable goes back in time to stop Bishop from changing the past. @_@

And who says no-one dies in One Piece Fairy Tail.

Akito

Cotton v1 (end)
I came expecting an yuri manga and got a drama story with some yuri subtext instead. But I cannot say that I'm disappointed, the story was alright given its short length. I like the very light art.

Steroyd

What misogny? Future Lucy has barely been around enough to really establish any lasting emotional connection to her to make it feel that emotional?

Future Lucy is present Lucy, that's why Natsu was crying. Emotionally it's all linked together.

I just find it odd, that there's more reaction towards Natsu's reaction, than the actual sad part itself, especially as you hate deaths full stop.

Heart o Nusumu no wa Dare da 1
tumblr_mk2cio5IhP1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kaitou Hato and his various ploys to steal whatever he wants while putting on a fantastic show to make a mockery of the police force is hilarious. The great steal this chapter was really splendid, though too bad he did get away with the valuable. He really makes me want to find stories with other similar masked protagonists that lead one life at night and then one in the daytime. His non shopkeeper personality is the best, but I fear that in terms of the romance aspect Kuroto might only like him as the their.

Jintor

Just looked at and dropped a bunch of series quickly, some of them just due to the translation quality. Maybe I'll look into your official version one day, Lovely Complex. Buh-bye, Lizard Hammer.

survivor

Banned
Cotton v1 (end)

I came expecting an yuri manga and got a drama story with some yuri subtext instead. But I cannot say that I'm disappointed, the story was alright given its short length. I like the very light art.

I see it has an angst tag. How much angst should I expect?

scy

Just looked at and dropped a bunch of series quickly, some of them just due to the translation quality. Maybe I'll look into your official version one day, Lovely Complex. Buh-bye, Lizard Hammer.

Every time I check this thread these days, there's always something that makes me go o_O

And then I realize I used o_O

And then I go be sad.

Jintor

You gotta grab me from chapter 1! Come now, Oresama Teacher is still on here, that's not a hard bar to surpass! (The main problem is generally the translation groups, I can't abide non-standard grammar/presentation. Comic sans = punch you into the sun)

survivor

Banned
You gotta grab me from chapter 1! Come now, Oresama Teacher is still on here, that's not a hard bar to surpass! (The main problem is generally the translation groups, I can't abide non-standard grammar/presentation. Comic sans = punch you into the sun)

So is Oresama Teacher the only shoujo manga you are sticking with? You seem to be dropping them left and right.

Future Lucy is present Lucy, that's why Natsu was crying. Emotionally it's all linked together.

I just find it odd, that there's more reaction towards Natsu's reaction, than the actual sad part itself, especially as you hate deaths full stop.

I guess I just feel more connected to Natsu than to Lucy.

All of the death scenes I hate or felt that there were alternatives for were always involving my key characters.

Jintor

So is Oresama Teacher the only shoujo manga you are sticking with? You seem to be dropping them left and right.

I'm liking LIFE but I can't read a lot of it at once. I've yet to start 7 Seeds and Kimi no Todoke. I'm giving Aishiteruze Baby another chance.

The only other ongoing I'm following is Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, which is god damn excellent.

survivor

Banned
As much as in one chapter of GE.
Excellent.

I'm liking LIFE but I can't read a lot of it at once. I've yet to start 7 Seeds and Kimi no Todoke. I'm giving Aishiteruze Baby another chance.

The only other ongoing I'm following is Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, which is god damn excellent.

Aishiteruze Baby is alright but it really only got the hngh factor going on for it. Also High School Debut is pretty cool and it's worth checking out.

Berserk 191

So...

Luca, best waifu or the best waifu?

Also, was the second festival just for griffith's body?

It's hard to beat Golden Age Casca, imo. But yeah, Luca comes right after that.

The second eclipse was for Griffith's reincarnation. You'll enjoy it, he's Jesus now.

Fairy Tail

Wow an emotional death :O sadly I dunno who the villain is to be angry at this death. Neither future character has explained what's going to happen well outside of everyone dying

Kurita

Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan 6
Class rep Hairo is hilarious, that hot blooded nature over a simple dodgeball game and everyone being all into it. Poor Saiki having to live up to expectations. I wish Kaidou had more of a role.

Hope chapters roll out faster now, one of JUMP's best.

Waiting for faster releases before starting it, I really want to read it.

Mayonaka no Oyatsu 2
tumblr_mk2e9mD3PB1qbxqfpo1_500.png

First time Ive seen One Piece in one of my manga, and to think, he was actually reading One Piece while studying abroad in England there. Anyway, Taira has gotten really amazing though should have kept the slightly longer hair. Azuma's vision was really good of who he imagined older Taira to be but unfortunately thats not reality :( Oh well hopefully Taira can win him over over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom