• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Dark Souls - Poka Poka Dark Souls Life

The gameplay log really mirrored a lot of mistakes that I made, especially the one with the first boss fight where I hesitated to do the falling stab, and got one shotted in seconds.

Berserk 261

Yeah, getting kinda creepy here.

But well, at least for now it's just an innocent girl crush I guess.

Better than rape!

really good, a bit repetitive kinda like dynasty warrior, but the way the control is handled is really unique, you really feel like you're swinging massive sword, also a little bit of cool thing about your sword swing is it change your normal "stance" accordingly, so let's say you swing the sword from left to right, that will leave your stance to where the sword is in your right side and you can move around like that, next time you press the attack again, it will be different animation, like up ward slash will leave Guts in stance where he hold the sword over his shoulder etc.

than there's the boss battle like Zodd fight, which is probably the most cinematic anime game before Naruto Ninja Storm at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg8hk3QrCBg

just see the trailer, great music too

Zodd human form battle

Wow, that's great to hear, thanks. I suppose there's no localization, right?

survivor

Banned
Happy Marriage vol 5

Oh great, we are back into whole family business mess. Why can't the manga just focus exclusively on Chiwa and forget that Hokuto even has a family or any goals? It will be much more fun this way.

Haikyuu!! 53
tumblr_mk2otbwNf21s03d65o1_250.jpg
tumblr_mk2otbwNf21s03d65o2_250.jpg

Feelings are conflicting, I want Karasuno to win but then I want Kageyama to be their setter, but then I also want Sugawara to play. Kageyama outperforming Oikawa would be an excellent ending to this match. Am at least glad he didnt seem to get any hardfeelings over it, and that Yamaguchi moment was hilarious.

Verelios

Fairy Tail this week:

I don't know why I even bother anymore. It's like, Mashima is trying to cram in so many emotions (or not) into one chapter that I could give less of a shit about. Why is this guy crying? The build up wasn't even there!

I honestly don't care about the characters, felt like it was getting stale 30 chapters in but said to myself 'naw, RAVE was pretty boss, this can't be that bad'. It's bad.

Fairy Tail hasn't only become a generic mess, but it just grandstands on way toooooo many tropes that it isn't funny. Natsu God mode.

Edit: Okay, after hearing about it so much I finally started reading Abnormal Girls. I...what? I can't even understand what this is...

survivor

Banned
20th Century Boys vol 1

SITxkoo.jpg

I completely forgot about Urasawa's natural ability to hook you into his plotlines, mysteries, and suspenseful writing. Haven't been engrossed into a manga volume like this in a long time. I know there will be a point where this good dream will end and once the mysteries start getting revealed, there will be a massive letdown, but for now I'm just gonna enjoy the journey.

7Th

Schierke haters better drop the hate sooner rather than later; she clearly is the strongest member of Team Guts and his current right hand.

Schierke haters better drop the hate sooner rather than later; she clearly is the strongest member of Team Guts and his current right hand.
She useful, yes. I don't think anyone denies that, but she also has an awful personality. Even brain dead Caska has better lines and reactions.

survivor

Banned
Antique Bakery vol 1

E65S9Vn.jpg

Reading this while I'm hungry was a bad idea. So many tasty looking desserts. Fun manga, but needs more focus on the characters and less on endless dialogues on different types of cakes. I also don't mind the "customer of the week" format they sorta had going where the main trio ends up solving their problems, but I hope these particular chapters don't get overused.

Berserk 273-279

pOVmDe2.jpg

Guts is really such a boss. I don't think there's anything he can't cut. His regular helmet looks stupid, though. Go demon or not, but not this in between crap.

The unexpected team-up was interesting, but I'm at a point where's it's hard to impress me. It's screamed "awesome!", but I didn't feel it this time. Sonia is one scary little girl and I can't wait to see what role she's going to play.

Gintama 438

10/10 Kondou, you definitely have the best genderbend counterpart so far. Sougo as a swordswoman looks cool while Hijikata is just plain hysterical. Really funny how Otae got pissed at everyone because they all had a bigger bust size than her.

Also (Male)Kyuubei x Otae hetero pairing is a go! Hoping to see the (Female)Gin x (Male)Tsukuyo version soon enough.

The Breaker: New Waves 110

Kinda boring chapter though Shioon's death gaze was pretty good.

Berserk 283

Jesus saved the day.

I don't get the constant anti-christ comparisons. Griffith is simply Jesus. The way he got the emperor on his knees, without even touching him, was amazing.

Berserk

She's a little kid that thinks of herself as an adult (those are the worst), her crush on Guts, like a little teenager and her constant picking on Ishidro.

She needs to shut up.

For your points:

1. Argubly the worst one and even then she's allowed to get away with it due to the group shes apart of where she's the "most adult" among them.

Guts: dude that doesn't say much, isn't much of a thinker/planner, really shines in battle/killing shit
Casca: Mind broken so out
Farnese: Don't know shit since she's way out of her element, now Apprentice
Serpico: Someone that could be capable but is busy being the servant of Farnese to care as much
Ishi: Don't know shit and comic relief

So in a weird way she becomes the person of choice (giving plans, info, training, etc) and its more potent since what they are dealing with is in her forte of expertise so they will go along with it.

2. a. Eh she's a kid with hardly any friends who looks down on the rest of the world due to the vile shit they do but now she finds someone that not only proved her point but at the same time disproved it with his kindness and becomes a friend. So its not that farfetched to see her being attached to someone like that, plus influences (her fairy, Sonia) basically showed it to her also LOL

b. that shit happens but it will be interesting to see if she grows out of it or not.

3. While sucky its accurate but more importantly its passible since Ishi keeps striving to improve from it (along with pointers from Guts) and hence prove her and the fairy (who is usually the biggest culprit) wrong. So as long as he continues to do that, basically telling her to fuck off i'm alright with it

Berserk 286-312

1. Holy fucking shit Griffith Falconia what.

2. Guts is built as fuck.

Yep on both counts lol

he
shrugged off Skull Knight's broken sword attack like it was nothing
and as said in a previous post Guts odds are like 1% now

Berserk 283

Jesus saved the day.

I don't get the constant anti-christ comparisons. Griffith is simply Jesus. The way he got the emperor on his knees, without even touching him, was amazing.

it more of the everyone following him think he's good, when he isn't.

Should be interesting to see how that whole thing plays out though
since he has Falconia now

Akito

Duds Hunt v1 (end)
That was stupid, a young girl set up a survival game where she personally participates in, in order to take revenge on all criminals because her father was attacked by some. The mind games also were a complete joke. Thank god it has only one volume.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada 51

Noa still sucks and her hair is awful. I'm pretty vague on what she seems to see in Yamada or even what he did for her. I sort of wish the author was able to draw more than a 2 girls with different haircuts. They all look either like Miyabi with a different haircut or Shiraishi with a different haircut.

And the next arc involves a dude? Either a witch using a power to control him or its a chick cross-dressing.

survivor

Banned
Ryuushika Ryuushika vol 3

GVb4eXo.jpg

I can always count on Ryuushika to fill in the gaps when there aren't any new Yotsuba chapters. Also speaking of that, I don't think that manga had any chapters with Yotsuba wearing someone's else glasses and exploring her surroundings? When Ryhuushika did that, I instantly thought that it would be a fun Yotsuba chapter.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vol 9

FA2N0yY.jpg

I knew it, that old lady is connected to Alpha in the Sky. I know it was probably obvious, but I like how the connection was made. I want more chapters of Kokone exploring the history of robots now, unlike Alpha who doesn't seem to give a damn about her origin and only concerned with her failed business entrepreneurship.

Didn't think Alpha would go back home so soon. I was expecting more exploration chapters.

Number Five vol 1

ptRlTPR.jpg

This was Matsumuto as fuck, with the weird art, awkward paneling, strangeness of the world, and writing.

I really like the setup of the manga. All the future fights against the numbered Rainbow Council members should be plenty of fun. I'd hope that the next ones will last a bit longer since we went through two members in just one volume. I need to see more of the world as well, and the special powers of the council members.

Akito

FT 324
Eclipse cannon sounds like an asspull.

Yamada 51
I find it hard to care about this manga these days, thank god this awful arc is over. Maybe it's best to gather the dragonballs as soon as possible and get it over with.

Haikyuu 53
So we're actually one chapter behind? But I guess it's an improvement given what the release rate at the beginning was. Let's see what Sugawara can bring to the game.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
20th Century Boys vol 1

SITxkoo.jpg

I completely forgot about Urasawa's natural ability to hook you into his plotlines, mysteries, and suspenseful writing. Haven't been engrossed into a manga volume like this in a long time. I know there will be a point where this good dream will end and once the mysteries start getting revealed, there will be a massive letdown, but for now I'm just gonna enjoy the journey.

I'll never deny that 20th Century Boys starts off pretty fucking great and stays that way for several volumes.

FT 324
Eclipse cannon sounds like an asspull.

Yamada 51
I find it hard to care about this manga these days, thank god this awful arc is over. Maybe it's best to gather the dragonballs as soon as possible and get it over with.

Haikyuu 53
So we're actually one chapter behind? But I guess it's an improvement given what the release rate at the beginning was. Let's see what Sugawara can bring to the game.

I'm hoping Mishikawa realizes that simply finding a witch, having Yamada solve her problem and then moving on to yet another one is pretty repetitive. Noa and the Glasses Girl were pretty bad characters too that don't add much; the glasses girl doesn't even show up anymore.

Kurita

Haikyuu 53

Yeah translations were so slow when it started... It's cool now, they often released several chapters a week to catch up.

wonzo

Banned
Yamada 51

Hopefully that's the last we'll see of Noa and her atrocious haircut. I wonder what the deal is with the next problem student.

Lain

Yawara volume 1
WRm.jpeg

A story that I could call humorous initially, but that gets stale so damn quick it's not even funny. The initial formula used in the first chapter is repeated ad nauseam every other chapter, with Yawara saying she'll never do Judo again only to do Judo during the chapter because of some silly reason, then she swears it'll be the last time ever and the cycle repeats anew in the next chapter.
Booooooring.

The only positive thing I could say is that Yawara is cute and the start seemed more promising than Happy!.
I don't think I'll continue this one and most likely will be my last Urasawa purchase.

Nowhere Boy 26

If you're going to sit in the crazy seat you deserve everything you get. Anyway, apostles are screwed, world's still ending, might want to do something about that in the 5 remaining chapters.

Though the Wind Cries (Touhou doujin) 1-2 (END)

gUYtdx6.png

Man, I read the first part of this over 3 years ago, and reading the recently released second part got me all nostalgic. Used to get through far too many of these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom