• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Mayonaka no Oyatsu 2
http://25.media.tumblr.com/d3dfd0b97f38fe573b0559f30d0a0a85/tumblr_mk2e9mD3PB1qbxqfpo1_500.png[IMG]

First time Ive seen One Piece in one my manga, and to think, he was actually reading One Piece while studying abroad in England there. Anyway, Taira has gotten really amazing though should have kept the slightly longer hair. Azuma's vision was really good of who he imagined older Taira to be but unfortunately thats not reality :( Oh well hopefully Taira can win him over over time.[/QUOTE]
Too bad he isn't reading Yon Piece
[img]http://i.imgur.com/6qe3xR6.png

Kurita

One Punch-Man 26 in japanese is out now, hope we'll get it translated soon.

EDIT : well, beaten by Colossal.

Just looked at the first pages, it's full colour.

survivor

Banned
7 Billion Needles vol 4 End

RQv915G.jpg

Aw, what a nice and sweet ending. I don't care if it was full of power of friendship and love. A happy ending is very fitting for this series and works well with its theme of finding friends and fighting loneliness. There was a lot of sci-fi junk talk in the last couple of volumes especially when the Moderator showed up. I still don't get his deals with the evolution crap.

The fights in the last couple volumes weren't as exciting as the ones in the first volume. All of it just involved Hikaru going around and absorbing the subspecies. The tension of the Hikaru vs Maelstrom fight was never replicated sadly.

I still enjoyed the manga for what it tried to accomplish. It was very uplifting and had couple interesting fights and special abilities. The sci-fi aspects fell a little flat near the end, but they had couple of creative ideas here and there.

Lain

Abnormal Girls ch.01-04

This is both funny and cringe-worthy at the same time. I'm surprised none of the girls shown so far is of the yandere type (well, maybe the little sister is leaning toward that) while I'm surprised one of the girls is a serial killer and the main guy is totally cool with it.

Main guy is not my cup of tea. I felt a bit sick when he was kicking the masochist girl. Sure she might have been having an epiphany over all that physical abuse, but it did make me feel bad.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, at the part I'm reading he's just dead weight who's acting like a brat.

The fact that he seems to be teamed up with puck pretty often says something.

Magic introduction seems like is where it's starting to go downhill for me. Still pretty good, but ever since the flashback it's been in kind of a decline.

Yonafunu

Berserk

This has been bugging me for a while. What's the deal with Locus' and the other demon knights' demon forms? Do they fuse with their horses? How about their armors? Would they look different if they would transform without being on their horses, or without their armor on?

Anyone?

I dunno, at the part I'm reading he's just dead weight who's acting like a brat.

The fact that he seems to be teamed up with puck pretty often says something.

Magic introduction seems like is where it's starting to go downhill for me. Still pretty good, but ever since the flashback it's been in kind of a decline.

Well, he is a brat and I couldn't stand him either, but he gets better. And he doesn't want to jump on Guts' dick, so that's a plus.

Don't worry, the manga gets better again. The Golden Age arc is undoubtedly the highest point of the manga and the troll arc is somewhat meh, but shit gets real again at the end of the arc.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well, he is a brat and I couldn't stand him either, but he gets better. And he doesn't want to jump on Guts' dick, so that's a plus.

Don't worry, the manga gets better again. The Golden Age arc is undoubtedly the highest point of the manga and the troll arc is somewhat meh, but shit gets real again at the end of the arc.

Good to know.

Eh, where he is now he seems to at least try to do something.

Akito

DoLL 1-12
Silly me though this already got completely translated but we're still short a couple of chapters and the last release was over a year ago :(
A young female art student goes visit her old prof in the countryside and accidentally discovers that he's living with not one, not two but three real dolls. And that's just the beginning of the awkwardness because the visit kinda gets extended and the two get to know each other better than they've probably ever wanted to. I really like the at times crude but very honest and hilarious dialogues.

I must say I can now see where demon/dark souls gets part of its inspiration.

Yeah, it's not that apparent but you can see it's influence in the design of some monsters and locations. And that's good Berserk art is astounding.

Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi 515

Looks like a cool fight is coming. Although I didn't expect Atalante to die.

Berserk has probably one of the best monster designs. I love them (except for Griffith's demon form).

I really need to play Dark Souls at some point.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
KNIM

Is it over yet? No? Fucking Seo.

Fairy Tail

I don't even understand what's supposed to be going on or who the villain is.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Rage Town

Just put this to an end already. Do one epilogue chapter covering everyone's shit and be done with it. I get the new rage is the fact that it never ends, but just fucking end it.

survivor

Banned
Well, you guys can play Dragon Dogma too for your Berserk fix. You can use Griffith and Guts armor in the game.

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/dragons10_thumb.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I was waiting for price drop before getting it. Gameplay didn't look as impressive as DS games, but it still looked fun.

Kusagari

Rage Town

I have a dreadful feeling we're going to get extended chapters of closing for every single female that failed in winning Haruto's dick.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rage Town

I have a dreadful feeling we're going to get extended chapters of closing for every single female that failed in winning Haruto's dick.

By virtue of a series of chapters making them look super pathetic and attempting and failing to fuck him in desperation.

Oh wow.

ZuXlLBR.jpg

M9RIwS1.jpg

Too bad I didn't like the demo. Is the PS2 game any good?

really good, a bit repetitive kinda like dynasty warrior, but the way the control is handled is really unique, you really feel like you're swinging massive sword, also a little bit of cool thing about your sword swing is it change your normal "stance" accordingly, so let's say you swing the sword from left to right, that will leave your stance to where the sword is in your right side and you can move around like that, next time you press the attack again, it will be different animation, like up ward slash will leave Guts in stance where he hold the sword over his shoulder etc.

than there's the boss battle like Zodd fight, which is probably the most cinematic anime game before Naruto Ninja Storm at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg8hk3QrCBg

just see the trailer, great music too

Zodd human form battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom