• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Oddman 11 ch15
onHs24C.jpg

Not much in terms of progression. However, I want this.

where is the Double Arts rpg, Japan

I doubt Japan even remembers it ever existed. Nisekoi is the series Japan deserves.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
brb going to wallow in sadness over the lack of Double Arts forever

Satou-kun no Juunan Seikatsu 6
fr9ftll.png

Forgot all about this series. I don't remember what a guardian spirit is in the context of this manga, but whatever, it's another reason for Skeleton dude to hate the MC.

Revo

Shadow 1

What happens after the hero and villain fight in Korea? Well, a lot of fixing. It was okay. Could be good depending on how it wants to pan out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I could never live with a girl, the mere thought of it is corrupting my pure and innocent soul.

Girls are to be admired from afar, preferably through a 100Mbps connection.

kasane

I could never live with a girl, the mere thought of it is corrupting my pure and innocent soul.

Girls are to be admired from afar, preferably through a 100Mbps connection.

haly pls

the girl im living with is best girl

my beautiful imouto

Let me preface this all with the opinion headline and what not.

Now lets time travel.

I typed this 4 months ago on mangastream on the topic of what should happen after the end of Naruto/Madara Battle:
After the last two chapters of Naruto I've been pleasantly pleased with how they've allowed Madara to go ham basically. Sure the name of the manga is Naruto but really he is only relevant in terms of the 9 tailed fox in terms of strength vs. the main antagonist. Even with sage abilities or not without the fox Naruto tends to still be weaker/uninteresting compared to other deeper characters in the series. I noticed this with Gaara, Sasuke (before he turned emo), Itachi, Shino, Neji etc. So I always wanted to see the villain gain the upper hand and successfully snatch Naruto's main source of strength away (the 9 tails) and force Naruto to start from the bottom and earn the right to succeed. Ichigo faced a similar scenario with the last fight with Aizen. He was babied at first and then became more powerful by unlocking his potential (though he apparently has many potentials smh. New arc = New bloodline power...). Madara seemingly winning at the moment is a good move if they actually allow his plans to go through and let him win a little. Many of his ideologies about war haven't really been logically countered by the other characters and his strength and tactical genius have proven unmatched so far for this last battle. He's a pretty good villain.

Naruto has been running for a while though. I want it to end soon. I just want it to end strong and not weak (like say Gantz). I am part of the crew that thinks Bleach should have ended after the Aizen fight. I think Naruto should end after Madara. But I don't want the resolution to come quickly. That would suck tremendously and would not be as rewarding as say them fleshing the story out completely and giving the devout fans (at this point I'm just a bystander who follows the chapter drops habitually just to be there for the end). Hopefully I'm not stepping on peoples toes. I think it should be safe to that Naruto, like the majority of manga's, has had its ups and downs, it unnecessary filler and etc. As a casual fan I just hope it ends well.

Back to the present.

BASED KISHIMOTO!

Naruto 676. They finally did it. They let him win. I've been wanting that for at least 2 years now. They didn't "Bleach" him out! It's not over yet by any means and there are plenty of ways to screw this up but man to even have gotten this far is great.

When I hopped back into Naruto after the Itachi/Sasuke fight I always felt as if Itachi was the main protagonist of the story. The depth of his character always intrigued me way more than his brother or Naruto. He was strong, intelligent, calculative, and pretty much unstoppable. I appreciated his flaws and back story. Naruto in contrast always seemed simple in comparison. Many other characters usurp him to me in terms of history, motivations, and strength.

Since Itachi sacrificed himself twice I had to switch to another interesting character, which turned out to be Madara. Throughout the Ninja War his voiced motivations and internal monologues have set some very interesting questions into play. What if he succeeded? Would that be a bad thing? Who can stop him? Why should they stop him? etc. Yes. He is definitely an antagonist to the series and pretty crazy at that but looking at his history that was detailed by the recounting of his and Hashirama's, it made me like him even more. He isn't a chump and it would be disrespectful to just let Naruto go into a full blazed 9-tailed mode just to win. The guy is to many steps ahead and so ruthless with his intentions that he's driven to see its success no matter what. He has backup strats for backup strats upon one branch of backup strats. Overwhelming strength is not his only tactic nor should it be the tactic that facilitates his demise.

So ever since I began rooting for Madara to actually succeed. Not forever of course. But to give allowance for Naruto to actually prove his worth and right to be the titular character of the series. Without the Fox, Naruto becomes extremely negligible. Many characters have proven to more interesting and intriguing than him. Thankfully over the past 100 chapters he's grown into a fully developed Ninja who doesn't rely on the Fox as a crutch as much as he used to. But even still he doesn't match up very well to some of the other fighters still present.

I've always wanted to see Kishimoto actually give Naruto the moment in which he truly becomes the best in the series. Having Madara win and provide Naruto with the deepest despair and the inability to use his go-to cop out powers will force Naruto to reach deep and have his true Hero moment. Then I'll accept the name of the manga as Naruto. Until then it was either Itachi or now Madara.

Fake Edit-
For when I said "Bleach" him out:
Bleach left a supremely foul taste in my mouth after the Ichigo/Aizen fight (you know which one...) because of its handling. Ichigo powered up, as is modus operandi for the series, and "defeated" him yet not really. It disrespected both characters and passed up the opportunity to end the series on a good note. After skipping the full-bring stuff and hopping back for the beginning of the Stern-Ritter I couldn't take it anymore. Ichigo gets defeated to come back stronger because each bloodline within him is dormant and waiting to give him OP power for the moment until another enemy comes and stomps him down.

Only two series have taken that method of procedure and had it work, Dragon Ball Z (the Creator), and Kingdom Hearts
in terms of Sora being tied to so many hearts yet working for himself to not be a chump on his lones...even though he recognizes that his keyblade wielding status wasn't his destiny.
Everyone else tries real hard to emulate this, Bleach especially, and it has the adverse symptom of overstaying its welcome and driving the fanbase into boredom.

Naruto has had period like this as well. Thankfully (well hopefully...) they are taking steps to not follow that pattern or at least present it with a good foundation without disrespecting the characters and in turn, the readers. No one wants their intelligence insulted by seeing things come from a mile a way unless its fun and enjoyable the whole time. That way, when the climax comes it doesn't fall flat.

Haly

The worst part of living with a girl is when they keep thrusting their vaginas into your face through hilariously improbably acrobatics.

Please, have a little decorum.
haly pls

the girl im living with is best girl

my beautiful imouto

Filthy.

kasane

The worst part of living with a girl is when they keep thrusting their vaginas into your face through hilariously improbably acrobatics.

Filthy.

IM GONNA UNFRIEND YOU ON STEAM EVEN THO I LOVE CORGIS TOO

You might need to check the laws of physics then. Especially if you keep falling all over each other.

Haly

You might need to check the laws of physics then. Especially if you keep falling all over each other.

The universe wasn't designed to have males and females in close proximity. Gravity always gets weird whenever the two sexes approach each other.

This is why most prominent physicists are male, females just introduce too much quantum randomness into the laboratory.

Haly

I have no heart.

I'm like one of those Kingdom Hearts people, but 100% less Sora.

Haly

Well I do play DOTA2. And watch anime.

About as petty as you can get.

Haly

what level of bishounen are you then
0, due to the aforementioned lack of Sora.

follow up question, how many levels of belts do you have
Like a gazillion.

If you took an electron microscope to my DNA, you'd see that my genes aren't made of amino acids, but miniature belts.

I am become belt, fastener of pants.

Zweizer

Banned
Have you guys any Yandere-centric recommendations? Kind of gotten the itch.
I've already read the following:

• Mirai Nikki
  • Haru to Natsu
  • Love Tyrant
  • Koharu no Hibi
  • Abnormal-kei Joshi
And probably a bunch of others I can't remember.

AKB49 ch158

How can an idol be so manly?

Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome wa Machigatte Iru. v1 (end) (light novel)
tumblr_n5kzoh87VG1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Only flaw of the series is that art, think it could have been much better. The tennis match was really good moment in reading form and all the references thrown around and Hikki's dialogue still made it really funny. Some of his comments are just perfect or capture the same feelings one may get from being around such people, then the ones hes around even.

Totsuka moments and Hikki being attracted to him is even at a higher level here, wanting to kiss him even. Based on the afterword I wonder if the writer did encounter such a situation in his time in school.

Revo

Baby Steps 216

Basic escalation. Currently having the feeling that Maruo might push him hard enough that he has an injury midmatch and has to forfeit although he was (probably) going to win, leading to an internal crisis that he isn't good enough by Maruo.

Tokyo ESP 33

Back to having bird people.

Kurita

French editor Komikku hinted at their next manga
Il est cool ! Il agît toujours avec style et classe et il n’hésite jamais à rendre service

Translation :
He's cool! Always acting with style and class and never hesitates to help!

So me thinks that France is getting Sakamoto Desu Ga soon, they'll announce what the manga is this friday.

Translation :

So me thinks that France is getting Sakamoto Desu Ga soon, they'll announce what the manga is this friday.

Stop it France. Stop getting everything.

Zweizer

Banned

Translation :
He's cool! Always acting with style and class and never hesitates helping others !

Doesn't Sakamoto only have barely enough to fill 2 volumes? Weird to announce a localization so soon if it really is Sakamoto. That'd be good news if true however.

Haly

How would you translate the title into glorious french?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Translation :

If this is true, i will hate France. Damn you for getting our saviour first :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom