• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Infinite Justice

That's... not what I expected, hahaha. I mean in a sense it does feel like, if you remove the inner dialogue, it could pass off for what would be a chapter a few volumes from now when they decide to add the incest proper.

All in all it's not a bad supplement chapter.

Kurita

Dunno, I only played the Eyeshield 21 games. Two were actually about playing football (on DS and Wii, the only ones I played), one was a visual novel (GBA). Don't remember how the PS2 and PSP games were.

Zweizer

Banned
Infinite Justice

image.php

?

Ane Doki ch1-End

This manga is incredible in how average it manages to be in almost every area. Average characters that you care enough to be curious in how they'll manage their lives but not enough to make you particularly attached to them, average premise that seems overdone (mysterious attractive girl live in your house just when there's nobody else but you, yay), average plot (can't really think about any highs or lows), average art (visually appealing enough, but doesn't really feel unique).

Frankly, it's a testament to the author's skills (or lack thereof) that such a thing managed to just give the feeling of 'being there'. It's kind of amazing in this way, so much that I'd almost consider praising the author for it.

Either way, the bottom line is that it's at best something you'd read to kill time, but it won't manage to grasp your heart nor blow you mind, but neither will it gouge your eyes or melt your brain.

bigkrev

Dunno, I only played the Eyeshield 21 games. Two were actually about playing football (on DS and Wii, the only ones I played), one was a visual novel (GBA). Don't remember how the PS2 and PSP games were.

DS Eyeshield game was great at the time, though it was basically an iOS football game

In a Heartbeat 24-25

First chapter of this that I had to do the share to continue, the cliffhanger was intense, but still followed exactly how many of the other series in this genre turn out with accidents. Love it.

Kurita

DS Eyeshield game was great at the time, though it was basically an iOS football game

Yeah it was basically just that but I enjoyed it. Wii game was essentially the same thing with more teams.
I still want an Inazuma Eleven-like Eyeshield game.

Magi

Sheba stalling the birth could affect her later on

maybe the face she made to Solomon before the destruction of that world was her in labour not her becoming evil

Zweizer

Banned
Hinamatsuri ch1-35

I picked this up because someone said it was similar to Yotsuba&!. Well, it was, to a certain extent. Hina is like Yotsuba mixed with Ellis from El Cazador de la Bruja, but she's pretty hilarious from her sheer obliviousness and the lack of fuck she gives to pretty much everything, yet she has a sense of childish curiosity, and her antics with Nitta are pretty fun to follow. The side characters are great as well, and the various chapters dedicated to them are often better than the ones focused on Hina, although I can't help but feel sorry for how they are treated. Some of them, Anzu and Hitomi in particular, really have it damn hard.

What surprised me is how dark the manga can get, as we see little girls deal with overworking, peer pressure, homelessness, poverty and more. It can get jarring seeing Anzu collecting garbage just to earn enough to eat while Hina is casually breaking porcelains that costs several grands, yet neither are really at fault for their situation. Well, I do hope I'm not reading too much into it, but some characters' suffering are sometimes painful to behold.

Either way, it's a great series overall, somewhat light-hearted yet can get serious at times. Recommended to anyone who wants a slice of life that breaks the norm.

I cried.

( ಥ_ಥ) ( ಥ_ಥ) ( ಥ_ಥ) ( ಥ_ಥ) ( ಥ_ಥ)

What's a double arts?

The manga we need but don't deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom