• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Nisekoi's oneshot was great. I was way happy when I heard it was being serialized.

But well you know, be careful what you wish for.

Ibara no Kanmuri 1-2
Interesting. Girl's stuck with a demon that'll let her live in exchange for letting him eat crystallized human misery. I predict she'll fall for him after he proves to be not so bad or something, but so far it's not bad.

Lain

Mairunovich ch.5

It's starting to bother me how this translation only translates half the words into English. I just started laughing once I got to this page. I mean, I understand what they mean, but it's just hilarious their choice to not translate some words. Still enjoying the manga though.

I'm glad I'm reading an official translation, because I would have dropped it hard reading it like that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mairunovich ch.5

It's starting to bother me how this translation only translates half the words into English. I just started laughing once I got to this page. I mean, I understand what they mean, but it's just hilarious their choice to not translate some words. Still enjoying the manga though.

keikaku means plan

kasane

Nisekoi's oneshot was great. I was way happy when I heard it was being serialized.

But well you know, be careful what you wish for.

Ibara no Kanmuri 1-2
Interesting. Girl's stuck with a demon that'll let her live in exchange for letting him eat crystallized human misery. I predict she'll fall for him after he proves to be not so bad or something, but so far it's not bad.

those filthy editors!

Kurita

Mairunovich ch.5

As someone who had a Translation final today, this is cringe-worthy.

kasane

pls no unnecessary underlines unless you're using it like this

PLOT

this signifies that this is different from the normal plot

325489238iskd.jpg
384732113fwku6.jpg

Stumbled across this little oddity called Odoro Ryouiki Nayura while browsing for something completely unrelated. There're no releases and MU doesn't even have a synopsis for it, but from what I've gathered it seems to be a horror-lite series where the FeMC goes around exorcising / befriending ghosts at her school, which then decide to live in her skirt for some reason. Given the premise and her design it strikes me as being something I need to complete my life.

Stumbled across this little oddity called Odoro Ryouiki Nayura while browsing for something completely unrelated. There're no releases and MU doesn't even have a synopsis for it, but from what I've gathered it seems to be a horror-lite series where the FeMC goes around exorcising / befriending ghosts at her school, which then decide to live in her skirt for some reason. Given the premise and her design it strikes me as being something I need to complete my life.

I believe this is of interest to me.

Without seeing the pictures, totally expected this to be a reverse harem series.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
325489238iskd.jpg
384732113fwku6.jpg

The boobs on the left picture looks really weird...

Charade

Considering she doesn't have them in the other pic, that might be the case...

Lemonade 19

I guess an emotional hurdle was just overcome? Not really sure.

Date A Live 1-6 (END)

This is the 3rd way I've ingested this story in the last few weeks so, uh, I don't have anything else to add about it. I was mainly just looking to see how the old artist compares to the one who's doing the relaunch.

It's a tough call. The old guy has a very individual style that appeals to me a lot, but from a technical standpoint it's pretty sub-par at points, particularly in the action scenes. The new artist's stuff feels much more generic, but it's generally more consistent and with better peaks. He's the same guy who drew Ratman, which from memory was fairly respectable in its art, so I'm expecting a bit more from him than was shown in the preview.

When does the one with the multicoloured eyes come in the story? Apart from the lead and his best friend, I was hoping she would play a big role as thats one of my favorite physical traits in characters and what intrigued me about the anime...unfortunately im stuck at ep2...

Yamada And the Seven Witches 110

This is getting as insane as jjba giving spirit animals out to everyone. I dont know if to be angry or shocked that there are bunches of seven witches at this school.

--

Got What Did You Eat Yesterday v2 from amzn today, still need to read v1, but couldnt pass it up for the preorder sale prices.
and some cast iron cookware

Magi 224-225

So... Aladdin's the kid right? Unless I'm just really dumb. I hope Sheba's (or someone else if there's a twist) reasons for turning evil end up being more than "the world is fucked, better just kill everyone" which is what it feels like is going to happen. I'm betting something really awful happens in the next few chapters.

Mortemis

Banned
Magi 225

The child is probably Aladdin, but I got a feeling it's Gyouken, instead of Sheba being her. It just seems weird Sheba ends up as that.

Soma 70

Lol, I remember when I was thinking that Tadakoro had no chance at winning, but shounen tropes are basically declaring her the winner already. She's winning the moral fight and is going second. Unless Soma's about to break the laws of shounen she's gonna win, and since it hasn't before congrats Tadakoro. Rest in RIP anti-soma or w/e people here are calling him.

iavi

Soma

Whatever haps, all I ask is that Soma no go through an insufferable emotional phase after some loss. This manga only works because dude is such a bawse, even when he 'lost.'

kasane

Soma

Whatever haps, all I ask is that Soma no go through an insufferable emotional phase after some loss. This manga only works because dude is such a bawse, even when he 'lost.'

but shonen soul searching is a part of shonen mangas

Mortemis

Banned
The real twist is going to happen when Soma loses to Tadokoro, who goes on to win the whole thing.

"Thank you for reading Shokugeki no Soma! Please look forward to our next story, Shokugeki no Tadakoro starting next page!"

She still won't end up with Soma though.

Revo

Yamada and the Seven Witches 110

I wasn't in favor of the extension, it had wrapped up everything well the first 7 witches. After some chapters of the new set I was basically fine with it, as it wasn't just simply 7 new witches with the exact same powers.

But this development? Please. Really, just pls.

When does the one with the multicoloured eyes come in the story? Apart from the lead and his best friend, I was hoping she would play a big role as thats one of my favorite physical traits in characters and what intrigued me about the anime...unfortunately im stuck at ep2...
You have a keen eye if you're intrigued by Kurumi. Her arc begins at ep7 and ends early in ep10. I haven't read the light novels past the end of the anime's 1st season, but my understanding is that she does have a significant role in the plot. The lead's best friend, on the other hand, you won't see much of after the first few episodes!

Mortemis

Banned
Yuh, it's plausible. That's why the idea is scary.

It's been said multiple times here by different people, but I wouldn't mind Soma getting expelled, travelling the world, and coming back to whoop even more ass. If this manga will end with graduation I wouldn't mind a time skip instead of going through all 3 years.

iavi

It's been said multiple times here by different people, but I wouldn't mind Soma getting expelled, travelling the world, and coming back to whoop even more ass. If this manga will end with graduation I wouldn't mind a time skip instead of going through all 3 years.

I'm not against him getting losing/ getting expelled. He just needs to be a bawse about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom