• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viz did a great job with v2 of Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma today, love seeing my favorite dishes in a better light this time
tumblr_n5vv0741T61qbxqfpo1_1280.png

Zweizer

Banned
NBC: Netoare Broadcasting Channel?

Eewww (゚⊿゚)

Spirit Circle ch1-9

Really liking it so far. The various past stories are interesting, not needlessly long and rather touching, and the various parallels between them and the present are nice. Kind of curious where this whole (so-called) grudge stuff between the protagonists will lead.

Infinite Justice

That's... not what I expected, hahaha. I mean in a sense it does feel like, if you remove the inner dialogue, it could pass off for what would be a chapter a few volumes from now when they decide to add the incest proper.

All in all it's not a bad supplement chapter.

I never asked for this :O

Food Wars! v2 (reread)
tumblr_n5vxf1qkZn1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Read over the lunchbreak today. Another good offering from viz with the only minor difference being the typical usage of US dollars (Ben Franklins) instead of the previous TL's use of JPN currency for a minor panel. I loved seeing all my favorite meat dishes, so good. Kind of want to try one of the recipes included.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
STEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

I wonder how much Valve is paying Viz for this viral marketing.

Korosenai

In the middle of moving and I never realized until now just how much space manga takes up.... Might switch to digital from here on out.

Zweizer

Banned
Spirit Circle ch10-19

The impact of the various resurfacing past lives on Fuuta is rather interesting to behold, and it seems to aid in his growth, in how he came to accept these past selves. I did find odd however the anachronism of the events, in particular that of the mark, though I guess there must be some good reason for it.
Past universes instead of past lives?

However, I can't help but resent Kouko a little for being so, to put it bluntly, petty, like she's purposefully antagonizing Flors simply because they stood in opposites sides during their past lives, or because of things that had gone awry for her due to circumstances that the Fortuna-selves couldn't control or being aware of. I know I'm empathizing with Vonn because the stories were told from his perspective, but Koka doesn't seem to try to make any effort balancing both of their viewpoints and seems to base her judgement of Houtarou based only of her own circumstances. I guess it's to add room for some growth in the future.

Lastly, I just noticed the pace of the releases.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF- ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ

Revo

Hive 4

The queen. Also unsure if that guy's story is true.

Shards of Sin 11

Well, this can't go well.

Trump 53

Hyacen :(

Mairunovich ch.5

It's starting to bother me how this translation only translates half the words into English. I just started laughing once I got to this page. I mean, I understand what they mean, but it's just hilarious their choice to not translate some words. Still enjoying the manga though.

Mesoian

Neko Musume Michikusa Nikki

It's a shame this gets so pervy so quickly. What could have been a really cute story about childish japanese youkai quickly goes into the smutty categories with no real remorse.

Oh well. There's always Nichijou.

::Sigh::

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It's starting to bother me how this translation only translates half the words into English. I just started laughing once I got to this page. I mean, I understand what they mean, but it's just hilarious their choice to not translate some words. Still enjoying the manga though.
This shit is ridiculous. There's no excuse for it at all.

Spirit Circle ch10-19
Lastly, I just noticed the pace of the releases.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF- ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Glad you're enjoying this one! Yeah, the monthly pace is annoying, but at least there's consistent development every chapter. As for that spoiler, check out the next few chapters for a little more elaboration on that...

Also, one of the reviews for Spirit Circle on baka-updates is straight up bizarre.

Kieli

I appreciate more options, but I would never buy digital manga.

Nothing beats the feel of your waifu in your hands.

kasane

The one by Qaexl? Clearly he's an enlgihtened one. It's only a matter of time before he gets his own spirit circle.

You clearly haven't tried to move ten shelves full of manga. It was freakin' exhausting, let me tell you.

let me tell you that i indeed have moved more + figures and vhs recordings of anime

it aint easy but its my collection so i deal with it

Date A Live 1-6 (END)
This is the 3rd way I've ingested this story in the last few weeks so, uh, I don't have anything else to add about it. I was mainly just looking to see how the old artist compares to the one who's doing the relaunch.

It's a tough call. The old guy has a very individual style that appeals to me a lot, but from a technical standpoint it's pretty sub-par at points, particularly in the action scenes. The new artist's stuff feels much more generic, but it's generally more consistent and with better peaks. He's the same guy who drew Ratman, which from memory was fairly respectable in its art, so I'm expecting a bit more from him than was shown in the preview.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The one by Qaexl? Clearly he's an enlgihtened one. It's only a matter of time before he gets his own spirit circle.
That's the one. But hey, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't suspect that my allergies were caused by past life trauma.

Okobore Hime to Entaku no Kishi 1-6
I fully support this girl getting her own harem and breaking all the hearts and shit. She actually has a backbone, unlike the hundreds of other shoujo princess protagonists I've seen.

Draxal

True. He is excellent when creating funny expression or cute girl. But damn, all his potential wasted on nisekoi. Double art and his other one-shot is awesome, but nisekoi is just...average...

A pack of cheetoz for every STEAAAAAM!

I liked nisekoi's one shot, but I can't stand the ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom