• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonari No Kaibutuskun End

Well, I finally finished it. The last few chapters moved a little fast, but it was tastefully done. Overall a really sweet love story, although I kind of wished they elaborated on the ending a bit. I enjoyed it a lot though. My only real gripe is that my boy Sasayan didn't get what he deserved.

Also at the end, Haru was the one proposing to Shizuku right? I assume so because he gave her the ring, but the speech bubbles made it a little confusing for me.

Can anyone tell me if the side stories(?) after the official ending are worth reading?

Rhapsody

Banned
Are all the side stories translated (no linking of course)? Anyway, Tonari was great.

Waited for the longest time for Sasahara and Natsume to get together. There wasn't one real chapter of it, but good enough.

Are all the side stories translated (no linking of course)? Anyway, Tonari was great.

Waited for the longest time for Sasahara and Natsume to get together. There wasn't one real chapter of it, but good enough.

Supposdly there should be one more side story left to go. It's also supposed to be about
the wedding.

sbwXpIG.jpg

Ana Satsujin 25

Rahson-san, you troll.

You can't end it just like that.

He needs to suffer more.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
but they arent set at the same time the ending was

I'm reading Sasayan's right now, and I already skimmed through Yuuzan's but I don't care much for Iyo
Iyo's might be worth it because it has Yuuzan and Yameken (acting overprotective, even). But Sasayan's and Yuuzan's are definitely worth reading.

Supposdly there should be one more side story left to go. It's also supposed to be about
the wedding.
Didn't know about this! Hyped.

Hagoromo Mishin 1-5.5 (end)
So bittersweet. Can't believe he's already a grandfather, lol. I hope MC finds happiness eventually, especially if swan girl is going to die soon from old age.

and I doubt his grandkid is going to be the same age as his friends' kid by the time he'd be interested in that kind of stuff.

the wedding.
Oh neat, I'll check that one out when it's released.

Yeah aside from seeing Haru and Shizuku get together, this was the only other romance I wanted. Sasayan definitely deserved it too

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Tonari No Kaibutuskun End
Also at the end, Haru was the one proposing to Shizuku right? I assume so because he gave her the ring, but the speech bubbles made it a little confusing for me.
Yeah it was Haru. Shizuku probably was involved in law stuff, because Haru's a scientist, so I guess that was the hint.

but they arent set at the same time the ending was
(forgot to answer this earlier) they're not. Only Yuuzan's is kind of, and that's only at the end of his special chapter.

Revo

Otoyomegatari Overall thoughts

Man, the designs are really beautiful. Amir's story so far has been the best, I didn't really like the twins one and the newest is just shaping up so I'll wait to see how this one goes. I wanted to see what will happen to the brother but I guess I'll have to wait now :(.

Come for the designs, stay for the designs and interesting dynamics between people. Also god damn those wood designs.

I had to highlight it but Hoshin Engi

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer/Hoshi no Samidare at your earliest convenience.

I'll do these three in some order

I read a lot of GTO a while ago, but I never finished it. I really liked it though, so I'll start with that one again.

Edit: For GTO are any of the side stories or the prequel worth checking out. Should I read Shonan Jumai first?

I'll do these three in some order

I read a lot of GTO a while ago, but I never finished it. I really liked it though, so I'll start with that one again.

Edit: For GTO are any of the side stories or the prequel worth checking out. Should I read Shonan Jumai first?

to be honest i would say to read Biscuit Hammer first since its pretty short compared to the others listed.

Plus it might be best to start GTO from the beginning so you don't have to worry about where you left off.

As for the sequel/spinoff/prequel stuff its interesting since GTO was the first one i saw and iirc it was because of its popularity the prequel got some attention (at least for the english market)

to be honest i would say to read Biscuit Hammer first since its pretty short compared to the others listed.

Plus it might be best to start GTO from the beginning so you don't have to worry about where you left off.

As for the sequel/spinoff/prequel stuff its interesting since GTO was the first one i saw and iirc it was because of its popularity the prequel got some attention (at least for the english market)

yeah the plan was to read it from the beginning again. I guess I'll read GTO then check out the other stuff if I so desire

Hello, why aren't you reading Hoshi no Samidare, aka Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer yet

do that and then read Spirit Circle

might as well read that one first, more people recommended it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom