• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Kuro extra 1-5
Dat back story. I guess Milk might not come back to being friends with Coco, because their friendship was based on how similar their situations were.

Shengar

Anyone read 'Real'? How is it? Never read any of Takehiko Inoue's work before, will this be a good start?
It's good, in a sense of what makes Slam Dunk good aka the characterization.
Re:Monster 1
I like how he casually pointed out the cave full of raped women with dead eyes

He just mentoned a cold fact there. But that doesn't mean he don't feel any remorse for them since he said it himself that one of them could be his mother.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
He just mentoned a cold fact there. But that doesn't mean he don't feel any remorse for them since he said it himself that one of them could be his mother.
I know, I just don't like how he isn't doing something about it beyond offering a prayer. Like that'd do anything. Hopefully a future arc has him saving them, because it doesn't sit well with me.

Shengar

I know, I just don't like how he isn't doing something about it beyond offering a prayer. Like that'd do anything. Hopefully a future arc has him saving them, because it doesn't sit well with me.

It's not like that its sit well with me too, but he still just a "kid" that need something to eat right now. The fact that the author point about them mean that he will do something about them unless our author suffers from short term memory loss (hopefully not, I have a hope this manga will be good).

Past

Its very good, his better sport series.

Disappointing for a basketball manga that cheaply tries to get us to experience emotions that we dont want to in sports manga.

Masterpiece.
Some beautiful and soul-crushing moments. Hope you're ready to cry.

It's good, in a sense of what makes Slam Dunk good aka the characterization.

Welp, I just caved in and got the first 10 volumes for $60 on eBay. Hopefully I won't regret it.

kasane

Have you read until the latest chapter? People are figuring out why she's thickheaded.
It's because she has such little confidence in herself that she thinks there's no one who could fall for her.
So at least she has a reason, unlike your usual thickheaded male protagonist.

also yay, someone else is reading this series! :D

but most thick headed protagonists have the same reason

because they're unpopular and shit

Welp, I just caved in and got the first 10 volumes for $60 on eBay. Hopefully I won't regret it.

slam dunk is THE BEST bastketball manga. Other ones try to be intense and imitate slam dunk but utterly fail

hey maybe REAL is up there too

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh god I'm still not even halfway through hayate no gotoku.

Enjoying my reread though. A lot of gags and characters I forgot about.

kasane

aunt tits 126

yes_napoleon_dynamite.gif

shes the best girl

NadeNadeShikoShiko 26

Woah, suddenly it got dark.

ARAIDOKI 26

And now they are making a manga.

Can't Ride A Bicycle! 27

Of course they get nowhere in a bicycling event.

High School Ninja Girl, Otonashi-san 26

The oasis will never come.

In a Heartbeat 25

Oh, so it was nothing.

Logick 22

That past.

Why Can't I Get a Girlfriend? 02

Is it actually going to happen!

What You Feel Is What I Feel

Interesting take and perspective on Aokaga with a situation with Kagami taking charge of things and get Aomine to be enchanted by him with a special request. Could have had more contact (actual contact with each other and not themselves alone), but the Kagami was good and Aomine too in this artstyle.

Lain

Peephole 26-27

Poor Kurosu, all the women in his life threat him like a tool, ready to be disposed of. I don't envy him, not one bit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What You Feel Is What I Feel

Interesting take and perspective on Aokaga with a situation with Kagami taking charge of things and get Aomine to be enchanted by him with a special request. Could have had more contact (actual contact with each other and not themselves alone), but the Kagami was good and Aomine too in this artstyle.

Why is his head so tiny.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It's not like that its sit well with me too, but he still just a "kid" that need something to eat right now. The fact that the author point about them mean that he will do something about them unless our author suffers from short term memory loss (hopefully not, I have a hope this manga will be good).
That's true, which is why I'm hoping it'll get tackled eventually. I'm just impatient and want a resolution to it immediately.

but most thick headed protagonists have the same reason

because they're unpopular and shit
Goku? Luffy? Ichigo? Those are shonen examples though, where romance isn't the focus, so maybe that's a stretch, but hell if they aren't dense to romance.

Honestly, the ones that are thickheaded because they've acknowledge their lack of popularity seem better for it - like Miyamura from Horimiya.

kasane

That's true, which is why I'm hoping it'll get tackled eventually. I'm just impatient and want a resolution to it immediately.

Goku? Luffy? Ichigo? Those are shonen examples though, where romance isn't the focus, so maybe that's a stretch, but hell if they aren't dense to romance.

Honestly, the ones that are thickheaded because they've acknowledge their lack of popularity seem better for it - like Miyamura from Horimiya.

well of course im talking about romance focused ones

the thick headed battle shonen protagonist trope will stay forever

Lain

Terra Formars volume 1-2
S1N.gif
R1N.jpg

I've had the chance to sit down and read these two volumes and, while I find that they gave me a cheap feeling of forced drama with the various people killed off in both volumes, I had fun with it.
The premise is somewhat stupid but it gives birth to some interesting (yet stupid) actions, fights, betrayal and shows of friendship.

Basically, so far it's way better than I was lead to believe. I find the humanoid cockroaches really creepy. When they pop into the ship in volume 2... brrrrr.
One thing I have some problems with is the way the narration jumps around. That kinda bugs me out.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
well of course im talking about romance focused ones

the thick headed battle shonen protagonist trope will stay forever
Honestly, can't even think of a thickheaded romance protagonist off the top of my head. Or maybe that's because I'm thinking of shoujo manga, where the guys are more likely than not sociopaths.

Terra Formars volume 1-2
S1N.gif
R1N.jpg

I've had the chance to sit down and read these two volumes and, while I find that they gave me a cheap feeling of forced drama with the various people killed off in both volumes, I had fun with it.
The premise is somewhat stupid but it gives birth to some interesting (yet stupid) actions, fights, betrayal and shows of friendship.

Basically, so far it's way better than I was lead to believe. I find the humanoid cockroaches really creepy. When they pop into the ship in volume 2... brrrrr.
One thing I have some problems with is the way the narration jumps around. That kinda bugs me out.

heh

kasane

Terra Formars volume 1-2
S1N.gif
R1N.jpg

i got confused with all the switching that i stopped reading

also i think i remember the best girl, but thats all i remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom