• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally the remakes arcs deviate greatly from their source material and it's the same for this one.

Yeah, I don't remember Dexoys ruining everyone's day on the island.

At least we know whatever replaces it will be a better manga.

Before that gets cancelled.

yeah I did see that Toei one

good thing it was an anime only thread ;)

anyway I am done it... I just need to know which mod do I ask to get it rolling

Just make it and let the people come or don't come.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well I'm off for a extremely fun 7 hour drive to AX. Can't wait to fall even more behind in manga now.

Kreed

One Piece 752:

I know I'm over thinking One Piece again, but "logically" it's weird that no one else in the series has been able to make clones of themselves like Doflamingo can. Ignoring the puppet master theme, Doflamingo's clones are already pretty ridiculous (being able to look exactly like him and speak/talk) considering his ability is to control strings. It should be possible for other Logia users to pull off the same ability (Kizaru and Aokiji for example), outside of not being redundant.

Otherwise not much else to say on this chapter, but I'm glad to be able to see the Law flashback in two weeks (and hopefully Doflamingo's brother).

Bleach 587:

The cover of this chapter reminded me one of the unintended side effects of mangas being in black and white. Not noticing things in black and white that look completely stupid in color (now with skin tones and overuse of highlights).

I almost forgot this manga had comedy bits in it. Would have been nice to see those more often but it's kind of late/unnecessary at this point. Also I'm tired the "Is Goku here yet" trope being used over and over. Ichigo just landed and now he has to chase after the bad guy again. Hurry up and let Ichigo fight/have Chad get beaten up and saved by Grimmjow.

One Piece 752:

I know I'm over thinking One Piece again, but "logically" it's weird that no one else in the series has been able to make clones of themselves like Doflamingo can. Ignoring the puppet master theme, Doflamingo's clones are already pretty ridiculous (being able to look exactly like him and speak/talk) considering his ability is to control strings. It should be possible for other Logia users to pull off the same ability (Kizaru and Aokiji for example), outside of not being redundant.

Otherwise not much else to say on this chapter, but I'm glad to be able to see the Law flashback in two weeks (and hopefully Doflamingo's brother).

Bleach 587:

The cover of this chapter reminded me one of the unintended side effects of mangas being in black and white. Not noticing things in black and white that look completely stupid in color (now with skin tones and overuse of highlights).

I almost forgot this manga had comedy bits in it. Would have been nice to see those more often but it's kind of late/unnecessary at this point. Also I'm tired the "Is Goku here yet" trope being used over and over. Ichigo just landed and now he has to chase after the bad guy again. Hurry up and let Ichigo fight/have Chad get beaten up and saved by Grimmjow.
The Don Kanonji bits used to be legit funny.....

Revo

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol 3

Looks like this vol covered episodes 8 to mid 12.

A bit more feeling of drag while reading this volume, although I account that to having seen the same content recently compared to Vol 1-2.

Another cut best girl Mayumi scene :((((((. Madhouse pls.

And still not liking the decision to cut all the character plot (Tatsuya and Miyuki's) in favor for what will probably be either cut out completely or made into some big emotional reveal.

But another good volume. I'm glad to have started reading if only to get Tatsuya's inner thoughts as the anime just makes him out to be a harem making god most of the time.

Onto 4 and unexplored territory!

ZSE15jG.png

Naruto 683

That just looks like a big ol' mess to me.

Like I know its Kaguya shifting the world, but it still looks so bad.

Not seeing why Ninja Jesus can't save Obito after bringing Guy back from the brink of death.

Don't really care honestly since I've been wanting him dead for months.

And Sakura's role in the whole grand scheme of things is to be used as an energy source to bring back Sasuke to defeat the big bad?

Looks like she's found her calling in life.

scy

Yes? Overall, the series edges closer to sweet than purely bitter. Until ~30+, it's mostly just self-defeating attitudes and regret coloring things. 30+ is when a few sadder things happen and the most recent events are the highest point of "man, this is sad." And, really, it's not even that sad yet. It's just the cliffhangers dragging it out. It'll probably stick to the same tone throughout and find a bittersweet resolution to it that still hangs more towards "happy" than not.

Since when have I lied to you guys? I said Hi Score Girl was good. And I said iShoujo was good.

I mean, you came with the Hi Score Girls spoilers after most of us were already reading it.

That said, I wanted to read iShoujo from the images linked but it never had any progress on scans :( I had to live vicariously through you.

Lain

I feel like reading a big dumb shonen again. Are Kongou Banchou, Magi and Needless (I know that's a seinen but it fits in here) any good?

Needless is great, full of hot blooded fun and over the top shit. Though only read it if jokes about little girls and jokes about little girls fanservice makes you laugh instead of creeping you out.
Magi is good too, though you have a young kid that's a giant pervert though.

Naruto 683

Not seeing why Ninja Jesus can't save Obito after bringing Guy back from the brink of death.

And Sakura's role in the whole grand scheme of things is to be used as an energy source to bring back Sasuke to defeat the big bad?

i actually thought it was pretty crazy that kishimoto could draw the world shifting while still having the reader be able to tell what's going on

also naruto did save obito, but he wants to die now

Lain

Ran of the gray world

Lain may cry.

Lain is the one who was the only person who went for outarou and Ran right?

I just think Outarou is a cool asshole and in a way better than that classmate of hers of which I can't even remember the name!
Though I'm way behind on Ran. I guess bad things happen to him uh?

Madao

Well he's alive because Naruto healed him (though it looks like he just prolonged the inevitable), I assume in the process he regrew his eye, like with Kakashi.

Obito's eye was put back when Madara got his Rinnegan from him. look closely at the chapters when Black Zetsu is using Obito's body to move and then backstab Madara. the eye was already there.

now, why Madara put back the eye is the thing that has no explanation...

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai 20

that was a giant tiger dog fighting a pudding

for a second I thought I was read Witch Craft Works.

Do You Like Big Girls? 5-6

wow, I thought we were gonna get the final boss battle for a second there.

Guess we have to wait a few more chapters.

The setup for the last one was so thin.

Naruto 683

I eagerly anticipate Madara to power everyone up when his legs come back to life.

Bleach 587

Orihime's breasts enter the war! And then the first thing she says is "KUROSAKI-KUN" so she can fuck back off again!

And the old gang is back, I guess but WHERE IS GRIMMJOW KUBO?

One Piece 752

669c0f2db9.png

So that was Jinbe on the cover story.

AND NOW ONE PIECE IS ON BREAK. Isn't this the second time we've been teased with Law backstory only for it to go on break

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
That´s not accurate. The princess (not Vivi, but mermaid) got a flashback and did not join or die, neither did Jinbei.

Jinbei totally joined provisionally. And the Shirahoshi flashback was just one component of a vast array of fishman island flashbacks that all dovetailed together and gave us Jinbei.

Related: why the hell does Jinbei need to travel in a bubble in the cover story, he's a friggin fishman.

Do You Like Big Girls? 6

1a96a450d4.jpg

A disciple of the Master Kyon, I see.

Well that happened really fast.

Is everyone in a constant state of blush in this world? I guess that's the harsh rule of the Lewdverse.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
AND NOW ONE PIECE IS ON BREAK. Isn't this the second time we've been teased with Law backstory only for it to go on break

The bright side is that the break isn't due to Oda's health.
Rather, he took a trip to Taiwan to help promote a One Piece event.

Makes me wonder if Oda will ever do the same for a North American event.

Can anyone here tell me why Kindle editions of Bleach aren't available to purchase from Amazon? As in the Kindle editions are listed but they say they're not currently available to purchase.

Not gonna buy them this instant, but would like to pick some up when I get my Kindle.

kasane

Can anyone here tell me why Kindle editions of Bleach aren't available to purchase from Amazon? As in the Kindle editions are listed but they say they're not currently available to purchase.

Not gonna buy them this instant, but would like to pick some up when I get my Kindle.

waiting for kindle impressions so i know if i should get one

IHaveIce

Banned
Naruto 683

That scribble looks like Togashi helped drawing this week's Naruto chapter

What do you mean? When I click on the kindle editions for volume (1, 2, 60) it doesnt say anything about not being able to be purchased . Im still able to click the buy it now link.

bigkrev

They won't work on an E-ink device. I was buying One Piece volumes from the Viz iPad app to fill the holes from my Local Library (missing some random volumes in the 50s), and wanted to switch to Kindle because they were cheaper. It loads up fine on the Kindle iPad app, but won't even show on my list on the actual Kindle.
P5UryGt.jpg

Nevermind, it's supported on the Paperwhite. God, I should upgrade

Rhapsody

Banned
Wagatsuma-san 87

I want to see more jealousy from Wagatsuma.

If she ends up being end girl, she needs to do something to earn it.

kasane

I bet
she deflects entirely or says no even though she wants to say yes, like a dumbass.

it can't just be one side working hard imo so hopefully that doesn't happen (might be in vain here) .

i really like the short haired girl since shes actually trying, ms is a dumbfuck tho. Still the time slips could make an interesting twist later on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom