• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you getting an e-ink Kindle? I had an old DX, it was probably my favorite device to read manga on ever. Most of the stuff on the Kindle shop won't actually work on a e-ink device, you need to use a program like Mangle or KCC to make files to put on your device.

Getting a kindle paperwhite, so e-ink yeah, but I'll look into those programs :)

Shokugeki 77 - one page spoiler
http://i.imgur.com/BCJdL4w.jpg

oh my

Ran and the Gray World 40

OTP

hrm. hrm.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ran of the gray world

Lain may cry.

Lain is the one who was the only person who went for outarou and Ran right?

Getting a kindle paperwhite, so e-ink yeah, but I'll look into those programs :)
Mango works well. I was able to put a lot of One Piece volumes in my 3rd generation e-ink kindle.
The only downside to this was that sometimes you had to manually refresh, as the screen only updated the changes and not the whole page.

But seriously, Kindles are awesome devices.

Mango works well. I was able to put a lot of One Piece volumes in my 3rd generation e-ink kindle.
The only downside to this was that sometimes you had to manually refresh, as the screen only updated the changes and not the whole page.

But seriously, Kindles are awesome devices.

yeah, I came to the realisation recently that as someone who reads a whole lot it's pretty dumb not to get a Kindle if I can.

the savings man.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Thing is, kindle works on all sorts of stuff that aren't just limited to reading books or PDFs.

Like say... a nexus 7.

Thing is, kindle works on all sorts of stuff that aren't just limited to reading books or PDFs.

Like say... a nexus 7.

There are a lot of advantages to having a Kindle as well though. Massive battery life, backlight that's better for reading in the dark, it's super light and small. They're not very expensive either in the grand scheme of things.

I love my iPad for everything else though. Writing, watching stuff, social networks and whatnot. I just feel like reading on it isn't optimal, and I can afford a Kindle.

-----------------------------------------

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai 1

dat older Ran though.

kkXLmxN.png

This seems pretty fun so far. The art is really nice, I think. Quite different to what I usually read.

I'll keep going with it for a bit at least.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Oh yes, they float Georgie. They all float.
Fairly standard chapter.

Suck that there's another break so soon.

Finalow

Naruto
So Naruto's for getting there, Sakura's for the return trip, and Obito just dies somehow?
nah, Obito now is a good guy, can't let him die like that you know.

One Piece

Oh yes, they float Georgie. They all float.
Fairly standard chapter.

Suck that there's another break so soon.
yeah, another break and then the flashback.
maybe in 2 months we'll finally get a decent fight. I just hope that he's not gonna skip the (less boring) fights that are being done now.

bigkrev

Hetalia Vol.06

2GOyuryl.jpg

Time for the Scandinavia countries to shine.

Overlooking the fact that this is one license the cold dead hands of Tokyopop refuses to let go, I am glad that someone is releasing these.

Wait, I thought Tokyopop was gone. What are they doing releasing stuff?

Enjoy the life upgrade! I was pissed I wasn't able to get one cheap in that selected offer they had a few months ago. I'd love to upgrade to Paperwhite, but my Gen 4 Kindle is still going strong, and I actually invested in a 40 dollar cover for the thing that won't fit a Paperwhite. It's the best beach device ever

Bleach
tumblr_n836nd6Odv1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kubo seems pretty up to date on the latest things people in the age group are saying with some of that dialogue from Bazz B and even Renji...

I was glad at least Yhwach entered the scene final page. I was concerned that we were going at a rather slow pace but that scene did mean he's moving things forward. Though the Ichida scene and declaration with Ichigo face was the best development.

Shintetsu no Agartha 6

Mindblown over the fact he survived on the life support system even as the world was essentially destroyed and the megane apocalypse, how was it receiving power even?

Great developments.

daveo42

Banned
Bleach
Characters joking around? I feel like we haven't really seen anything like this in ages. Nice change of pace, even if it's not going to last all that long.

Naruto
That's quite handy there Obito. I suppose it is good that there is some consistency in abilities being used, even if they are insanely broken.

One Piece
Back story in two weeks. Outside of that, tons of stuff happening all over the place. Nice that we got an update on all the fights, even if they felt like Oda padding to fill out the chapter.

Issue #32
Boku no Hero Academia (Cover, lead color, new series)
Shokugeki no Soma
One Piece
Haikyuu!! (Center color)
Assassination Classroom
Naruto
Saiki Kusuo no PSInan (Center color)
Kuroko no Basket
World Trigger
Isobe Isobee Monogatari
Nisekoi
Hinomaru Zumou
Toriko
Bleach (Center color)
Gintama
Illegal Rare
Kochikame
Cave of Shine (Oneshot)
Sore ike! Yuugo-kun
Stealth Symphony
iShojo (End)

Issue #33
Cover, Lead color: Mitsukubi no Condor (New series, 54 pages)
Center color: Shokugeki no Soma, Assassination Classroom, Boku no Hero Academia (25 pages)

There's no One Piece next week because Oda will be in Taiwan.

Nothing really special in terms of ranking.

What the heck is Boku no Hero Academia?

Naruto

Obito going to or is going to sacrifice himself to beat the big bad huh

Bleach

God damn Orihime's outfit unclephil.jpg

Toriko

Yes please I want this fight to happen

One Piece

God damn Law had a fucked up childhood from the look of things

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What the heck is Boku no Hero Academia?

New series by Kohei Horikoshi, the guy behind Omagadoki Zoo and Barrage, both series with short runs in Jump.
I'm surprised they're giving him another chance. He must know the right people.

Pokemon Adventures Vol. 23

8cfPgC6l.jpg

Time to start the Fire Red/Leaf Green arc and suddenly Blue gets a bad outfit.

It's nice to see the original heroes again and the whole callback in the first chapter of this volume to the first chapter of the series was really well done.

I barely remember what you did on these islands so pretty fun to revisit them again.

New series by Kohei Horikoshi, the guy behind Omagadoki Zoo and Barrage, both series with short runs in Jump.
I'm surprised they're giving him another chance. He must know the right people.

Or perhaps the level of submissions is that weak his was one of the best

One Piece
Law's flashback time! Also, nooooooo, a break :C

Bleach
Bazz B for the best current enemy quincy. Sucks he's going to die.

Naruto
Alright.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
One Piece

If we follow this manga's rules, getting a Law flashback can only mean one of two things.

1) He's going to join the crew
2) He's going to die

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai 11

yeah this is so adorable

:D

had a big stupid grin on my face reading that chapter

Ran's scary when she's passionate in some shape or form.

Naruto
I liked this week's chapter. Hopefully Obito can help

Bleach
LOL I would totally read a spin off focused on Renji and Baz B. Also, wtf Kubo cutting out fights like that.

One Piece
OOOODA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

law flashback should be cool

do we know what Togashi's "special project" is yet? Or not until the official release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom