• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh its wednesday gaf
QAFxDt7.jpg

Nodame Cantabile, Liar Game, Moteki (I think it was better than the manga)...
Moteki is one of my all-time favorite dramas, it's genuinely well-made, tons of clever scenes. The Perfume dance scene is the greatest thing that ever happened in a TV show.

Well if you say Perfume dance, I gotta watch it someday!

Raxus

Bleach

Uh...nothing happened?

Naruto

One job Sakura, you had ONE JOB. Also, All according to keikaku's everywhere. I can't believe I am saying this but I need to apologize for Aizen.

One Piece

God Usopp, Bart's face. Hilarious. That said it was what I expected. Everyone has a target on their head now.

upandaway

One Piece

All hail the one true god! Ussop baby!

Haha pretty good chapter. I thought Luffy was gonna ask Rebecca to join the crew for not getting her the mera mera fruit. I'm still wondering wtf is up with Nami, Sanji, Chopper and Brooke. Where the hell are they!?

Shit is finally about to go down and that's all that matters I guess. Maybe the next arc is for the crew to go on a rescue mission against Big Mam?
Time: end of the Dressrosa arc
Luffy (to snail): Nami, what's going on there!!
Nami: Oh, Luffy? I can't hear you! You guys, be quiet for a second!
(noise of party)
(voice in background) Pekoms: Sure thing, Nami Sis!
Luffy: What's that guy doing there?!
Nami: Luffy!! Do you remember Lola from Thriller Bark?
<flashback>
Nami: This Vive Card... wait a second!
Nami: Stop the ship! I need to talk to Big Mom!!
</end flashback>
etc etc etc

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Naruto
So this is the nth time Kishi's confirmed that Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke. I like how he was still blushing in the flashback with Sakura fangirling over him. I remember that from the first chapter.

I enjoyed the chapter strictly because it has some team seven bonding. Hopefully Kakashi and Sakura can contribute tactically to this fight, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

And yeah, there was the whole Naruto fondling Kakashi's
eye
balls, and Madara pulling an Aizen (though really, who didn't see that coming? shit was obvious from the get go), but whatever.

scy

Silver Spoon 99-100 - A lot of feel good moments in these chapters.

please start dating already you two

kasane

Naruto
So this is the nth time Kishi's confirmed that Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke. I like how he was still blushing in the flashback with Sakura fangirling over him. I remember that from the first chapter.

I enjoyed the chapter strictly because it has some team seven bonding. Hopefully Kakashi and Sakura can contribute tactically to this fight, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

And yeah, there was the whole Naruto fondling Kakashi's
eye
balls, and Madara pulling an Aizen (though really, who didn't see that coming? shit was obvious from the get go), but whatever.

Eh i dont think im gonna read naruto again from all the impressions posted here.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Beelzebub Side Story
lol Kouta grown up is a bishie. And he fell for Futaba.

The grandma was an annoyance. It was a pretty crazy side story, but not super funny. Definitely satisfied the small craving I had for Beelzebub type humor though.

daveo42

Banned
Bleach

So this is how Kenpachi will go out and end up being saved by somebody else. Unless he's somehow has the ability to regenerate at this point. Back to back wins for him would be pretty spectacular.

Naruto

Build up chapter to the final showdown. A bit of a nostalgia trip there with Kakashi which actually felt right instead of how some of these short flashbacks have come off. Madara's bit was just odd though and felt like a cheap way to tie up the last few plot threads.

One Piece

Usopp da God leading his warriors into a final battle. Also, still loving Bart and his fanboyish nature.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Special 3
oh my god soooooooooo gooooooooood

Yuuzan chapter with the backstory of his relationship with Micchan, his mother, and a little bit about Haru. And how he becomes friends with Shizuku's brother.

god Robico made some amazing characters.

Mortemis

Banned
RS remakes are announced and wednesdaygaf is back. Best wednesday in a long time.
One Piece

God Usopp best character confirmed. Shit had me laughing too hard. Great chapter, glad this is back.

C'mon panda. I shouldn't be getting this hyped first thing in the morning. This can't be good for my health. ahhhhhh

Naruto

Hell yeah Madara, and Naruto has Orihime´s powers.

Bleach

Hell yeah. I knew V´s body could not contain Kenpachi´s power. Where the hell is Yachiru? She is not Zaraki´s zampakto.

one piece

Boring as hell.

Toriko

Yay the frog is back.

Genshiken 11

I feel this is starting to be a bit more different than the first volumes. For example, it feels more like otaku series. But Genshiken have been always full of otakus, you will say!
Yeah, but it felt more or less realistic in tone. One thing is having a series about otakus, another an otaku series. For example before there were anime references from time to time, but it was small stuff like a phone ring music or where it made sense like a cosplay, or in other cases maybe the characters would laugh in embarrassment between them of trying to do a connection in real life to that anime reference. That felt real. Now, the references have multiplied in number, in dialog, clothes, actions, behavior, etc and the characters seem more uninhibited in their silliness and constant referencing. Now add that hey have added more crazy characters like Susie and even "traps", and it feels slightly more animu~.

Though the Ogiue daikamura slayed me in the inner cover.
mUhIjOi.png

I like the author's care for details like this.
jM8VdPU.png

Ogiue started to dress with a bit more frilly clothes and changed his hair when she goes out to a more pretty style since she is with Sasahara, but she still changes back to her old style when she is at home.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Special 3
oh my god soooooooooo gooooooooood

Yuuzan chapter with the backstory of his relationship with Micchan, his mother, and a little bit about Haru. And how he becomes friends with Shizuku's brother.

god Robico made some amazing characters.

my hypeeeeeeeeeeee

she could do short stories of these characters forever and I'll be extremely content with it

Mesoian

Naruto - 675:

I mean...is there any real benefit for making Madara more of a villian now? He's trying to end the world, who cares about the point where he STARTED manipulating Obito, it's not like this changes anything. Weird piece of development that just makes him seem cartoonish instead of opportunistic. Like he was watching the kids under the bleachers and cackling evilly as he plotted out a scheme to poison the punch bowl and steal the rec center money.

Zeroth

Naruto - 675:

I mean...is there any real benefit for making Madara more of a villian now? He's trying to end the world, who cares about the point where he STARTED manipulating Obito, it's not like this changes anything. Weird piece of development that just makes him seem cartoonish instead of opportunistic. Like he was watching the kids under the bleachers and cackling evilly as he plotted out a scheme to poison the punch bowl and steal the rec center money.

Probably just to give further motivations to Obito/whatever to kill him.

Speaking of Naruto, the way things are happening is driving me insane, shonen at its best. Madara is almost defeated by Hashirama -> Gets resurrected -> Naruto comes close to killing him -> Madara kills him and Sasuke and proceeds to absorb the Juubi and become the new jinchuruki -> Naruto and Sasuke get new powerups and manage to defeat Madara's eye ability -> Madara gets both eyes rendering their previous victory useless.

Can't wait for the inevitable "Sasuke realizes that his dream is and awakens his other rinnegan".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom